Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 Nov 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1769840)   #1
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Modsport

simple question when was the last modsports race held in the uk not a mixed saloon/GT race but a out and out modified sports car race im thinking 1982?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1770116)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a good question that I would like the answer to, as well!. However, it's history so I'm moving it to the more appropriate forum.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1770432)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Now where's that thread (in which we discussed such cars) that we ran a couple of months back when you need it?!

I think '82 is a good estimate, I certainly witnessed the last round of the STP series at Thruxton in October '82.

However, I've got a hunch that the category/series continued into 1983?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1770540)   #4
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im sure that there were modsports races certainly at Ingliston post 82'. Maybe not called modsports as such but certainly the cars were still being run in championships exclusively for those types of cars.

I apologize for my sentence structure, I am dyslexic.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 23:22 (Ref:1778172)   #5
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think 82 could be the last season most cars then went to run in the donington GT series and local sports saloon races around the country