Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Aug 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3292723)   #101
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Poor Kimi, or should I say rich Kimi ?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3292793)   #102
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he was afraid they were going to ask him about his admission about new contract with Ferrari.

http://www.f1reader.com/news/raikkon...sh-party-80396
Old 22 Aug 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3292794)   #103
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Maybe he was afraid they were going to ask him about his admission about new contract with Ferrari.

http://www.f1reader.com/news/raikkon...sh-party-80396
That's right, where else could it be ?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3292812)   #104
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like there are more than 2 drivers being considered for the RBR seat but Kimi is on the short list according to Horner. Alonso looks like a long shot because of his contract with Ferrari.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109378
Old 22 Aug 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3292826)   #105
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Kimi's manager has said the Red Bull deal is off. That seems quite definitive.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3292829)   #106
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
There are a lot of smokescreens coming out.
Kimi is at Ferrari (party comment?) RBR is making no announcement? Button is out of contract but wants to stay at McLaren (but do McLaren want him?) Ricciardo is not counting on RBR contract?

Who knows?
Maybe Alonso will go Lotus, his old comrades, Kimi goes to McLaren with Perez, Ricciardo goes to Ferrari with Hulkenberg and Button ends up at RBR.....
Old 22 Aug 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3292831)   #107
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
There are a lot of smokescreens coming out.
Kimi is at Ferrari (party comment?) RBR is making no announcement? Button is out of contract but wants to stay at McLaren (but do McLaren want him?) Ricciardo is not counting on RBR contract?

Who knows?
Maybe Alonso will go Lotus, his old comrades, Kimi goes to McLaren with Perez, Ricciardo goes to Ferrari with Hulkenberg and Button ends up at RBR.....
Wow ! That would be amazing, everybody changing places.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3292835)   #108
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi back to Mclaren would be epic!
Old 23 Aug 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3292952)   #109
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steve Robertson is no fool - if Kimi stays at Lotus I imagine he may have doubts about his driver getting paid...............
Old 23 Aug 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3293273)   #110
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kimi's not out of the running, according to Mr Horner.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3293277)   #111
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delaying Ricciardo's announcement is just.. mind games, in what seems a very silly season this time around. Ricciardo WILL be in the RB10. The deal is done.

Some people are taking the silly season to another level this year.
Old 24 Aug 2013, 00:52 (Ref:3293285)   #112
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Delaying Ricciardo's announcement is just.. mind games, in what seems a very silly season this time around. Ricciardo WILL be in the RB10. The deal is done.

Some people are taking the silly season to another level this year.
Kimi is supposed to be bemused by Red Bulls attitude at Spa (according to some reports e.g. Autosport).

So this may put to bed any thoughts of RBR being genuine.... Meanwhile it sounds as though Alonso is going nowhere which is hardly surprising... So its either partner him or go elsewhere... Lotus? McLaren? or Force India? Sauber? (hardly).

There simply isn't anywhere else other than McLaren or Lotus or Ferrari ....
So if he's not at Lotus he'll be at Ferrari or if Button gets no confirmation of his contract.... maybe McLaren or will he retire...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3294716)   #113
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What do you think of Whitmarsh comments about Kimi ?
Isn't the Button deal almost done ? Maybe he's complaining too much about the car lately ?

Quote:
"Yes, we have [interest in signing him]," Whitmarsh told the official Formula 1 website when asked if he has thought about re-signing the Finn. "Kimi has always been great and I am a big fan of him. There is a lot of speculation out there at the moment, so let’s see what happens.
"Obviously Kimi is determined to go somewhere else and I sense that he will not succeed in that goal, so let’s see how he gets on there."
He added: "I probably shouldn’t be, but I’m completely open - last year we had talks with him, but for various reasons it didn’t happen. This year we’ve had no talks - yet."
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3294720)   #114
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that *everyone* on the grid wants to sign kimi. has anyone asked tony fernandes whether he wants to sign kimi yet?

but seriously, that's another interesting piece of context to add to the jigsaw puzzle that is the silly season. i'd like to see button out on his arse in favour of kimi, i think he'd be a good catalyst for perez
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3294726)   #115
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Where would JB go if McLaren let him go? Lotus?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3294735)   #116
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Hulk probably deserves that Ferrari ride more than Jenson, just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that *everyone* on the grid wants to sign kimi. has anyone asked tony fernandes whether he wants to sign kimi yet?

but seriously, that's another interesting piece of context to add to the jigsaw puzzle that is the silly season. i'd like to see button out on his arse in favour of kimi, i think he'd be a good catalyst for perez
As in Perez learning from Kimi or maybe putting even more effort to beat him than he does with Button as a team mate and thus developing into a better driver ? He would see Kimi as a greater challenge probably and gain extra motivation.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3294743)   #117
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

So "everyone" now wants Kimi and he can choose where to sit. There are plans to use his charismatic image for ten years and so on... it gets better everyday, I just hope that this doesn't end dissapointing some fans.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3294755)   #118
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
As in Perez learning from Kimi or maybe putting even more effort to beat him than he does with Button as a team mate and thus developing into a better driver ? He would see Kimi as a greater challenge probably and gain extra motivation.
that's maybe it, yeah. don't get me wrong, i bet button is a great teammate to learn from and he's probably really good to work with as well, but i reckon that final 5% that perez seems to be short on would be a lot more forthcoming if he was with a teammate who just *drives*. right back when they first announced perez i though that he and button were too much of the same kind of driver, and that doesn't seem to have produced many visible (to us) benefits.

on the other hand, what if they were to bin off perez instead. button and kimi would be a really interesting pairing
Old 27 Aug 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3294758)   #119
jsTrecu
Veteran

Yeah I see what you mean, I think Checo is lacking something, maybe it's that "5%" you are talking about. Kimi could be "the spark that lights the fire inside Perez" so to speak. He seems capable of more.

Button/Kimi would be quite consistent I reckon.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3294769)   #120
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't think it helps that perez went into a bit of a mediocre team in sauber - you never quite know where you stand with their drivers.

what f1 really needs now is a bit of excitement about a pair of drivers in a team. that's maybe what got everyone animated about the red bull rumours - kimi and vettel is serious business. there seems to be this opinion that you can't have two big names/world champions in a team without egos being hurt. that's probably true with alonso, you get the distinct impression that he needs to be firmly in control of whatever he's creating in his mind as his current foe. anything other than an anonymous teammate (or team boss for that matter) takes that control away from him and he starts to lose it a bit. people like to paint vettel as that kind of person as well but i think it's vastly over-exaggerated. i think it's just the german predisposition of "alles in ordnung" taking over a bit.

er, tl;dr - let's have someone exciting as kimi's teammate, bin off the faceless points-scorers
Old 27 Aug 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3294782)   #121
jsTrecu
Veteran

Agree. To be honest I don't follow feeder series so when a new driver lands I never know what to expect. I try to do some research but the media is so inconsistent... (the hype about Da Costa comes to mind) So it was hard to make a judgement about Perez, I hoped to be able to when he joined ML, but they gave him a dog of a car lol.

About RBR for next year, I remember all the "Nothing special about Vettel, he's not even the best German of the grid" comments too (MS was still retired), and now everybody wants to see him against Kimi. So the truth is, until they have a competitive car it's hard to know where their peak is.

SV/KR would be the best pair for the fans, but sadly we won't see it if what Webber said is right.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3294848)   #122
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It would be exciting as much as Alonso/Kimi, but that hardly would happen as once happened with Senna/Prost. I wouldn't say 100%, because F1 is unpredictable but all things show the contrary.
Ferrari clearly, openly is against such policy, and RBR showed more than once that Vettel is their golden boy.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3294852)   #123
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i object to saying that red bull showed vettel is their "golden boy", but don't really want to derail the thread and have a very well worn row about it
Old 27 Aug 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3294862)   #124
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i object to saying that red bull showed vettel is their "golden boy", but don't really want to derail the thread and have a very well worn row about it
Ok, maybe not, but that's a winning combination and like in football, "you don't change a team that's winning", and I guess Kimi would be a "break" factor.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3294875)   #125
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't think kimi would challenge vettel's position at all. if you believe the stories then the things that are important to vettel and red bull aren't things that are important to kimi. and you know kimi's management. if he wasn't getting something he was contractually entitled to then they'd sue rbr to within an inch of their lives