Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Aug 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3445828)   #226
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nice one chaps, many thanks, for that sort of money that does certainly explain why some sort of sugar-daddy has not rolled up and splashed the cash, not unless the likes of someone like bill gates or mark zuckerberg take an instant interest in LMP1 racing while on a canal boat trip through skipton in yorkshire, but you never know, Richard Branson mike like a flutter now he is back in Formula-E.

Regarding my second question I really do suspect Mr Perrin is now looking at the timing plan and realising the 2015 LeMans appearance is now falling through his fingers, at less than a year away, I suspect its already well gone, which is a real shame........now a case of watch this space I guess......looks like he will do the rounds with the show car, hey look at blood-hound, they did exactly the same.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3448520)   #227
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Perrinn just announced on Twitter that they now have a first sponsor!!. This is awesome news maybe more will follow suit!! Check their sponsor one Perrinn´s website!!
Old 18 Sep 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3454597)   #228
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7th October at Cranfield, anyone can attend, turn up and learn all about the Perrin LMP1 project from the man himself, see this link below from the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, to my knowledge you do not need to be a member to attend.

http://nearyou.imeche.org/eventdetai...q_v=8de2471490

Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3457343)   #229
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Uhm. Brabham launching a 'crowd funded', 'open source' LMP project, aiming to build a P1.

Yeah thanks. Great. Sigh. Competition in a ...tiny niche.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3457345)   #230
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Brabham and Perrin joined forces it would be awesome!!.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3457346)   #231
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah my first thought - does this kill any hope for Perrin?
Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3457347)   #232
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
If Brabham and Perrin joined forces it would be awesome!!.
was thinking about that, but too much time passed since the first word spoken without mentioning Perrinn. It's not going to come up now. The models seem to be a bit different, too (in the 'business' sense AFAICT), but .. oh well. I hope these guys do join forces. Or fail. Sadly I think there's too much IP involved for the former. Argh
Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3457348)   #233
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Grrr, and now we're being sold like Nooooooobody has attempted this before or even had the idea.

WOW! Let's crowd fund! Open-source! Immerse! New! Innovative! Nobody's doing it like this!

Come on, Hindy. Ask the painful question.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3457352)   #234
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Sent Nicolas Perrinn the painful question, the other way around.

...Hindy talking about crowd funding attempts, still not mentioning Perrinn, heh.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3457357)   #235
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
It's all in the name, get over it.

David wants your money! Now start investing!
Old 24 Sep 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3457380)   #236
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd rather fund Perrinn here, more interesting...
Old 25 Sep 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3457485)   #237
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
At least Nicolas Perrinn is positively excited about it:
"I think it is a great news and an endorsement of our vision and what Perrinn wants to do!"
Expecting a more detailed reaction/message later today.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3457517)   #238
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So ... the Brabham engineers looked at all the Perrin stuff online, flipped all the drawings 180 degrees, changed the name and now they have a car too? I was figuring on something like this. Everyone knows once its on the web no one owns it.

The sad/funny part is the whole LMP1-L class itself.

The upside is that maybe by 2017 there will be enough P1Ls with no buyers that TUSC can adopt them all and make them the top class in the Tudor series. (Whoops, Brabs is seeking to build a P2. Never mind.)

Whoops, Brabham plans a P1 eventually. Just ignore me until I get more coffee---and TUSC, adopt P1 L Please!

Last edited by Maelochs; 25 Sep 2014 at 11:47.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3457521)   #239
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Well, I'm a computer scientist. If you open source something and also announce it etc.; why wouldn't you want to see your design out in the open.
Again, as an OSS author (and yes I still earn my money writing software), seeing people use your solutions is a reward in itself.

I'm 100 (+n) % sure that Nicolas Perrinn knew people would be looking at the designs, and use his smart ideas.
If you want to compete on an OSS base, you're claiming you know the inner workings of your design better than outsiders and still will beat them even if they have access to your plans.

Anyways, curious to see how Nicolas will spin it.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3457524)   #240
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
The perrinn vs. Brabham Spin

From Nicolas Perrinn:
I didn't know anything about the Brabham project until this morning. I
actually met with David 1 year ago, briefly. Never spoke with him since.

How do I feel about their announcement of the first open source racing
team? Actually I feel really good about it. It gives great credibility
to our vision and what want to do. The history will remember that we
have invented the concept of open source racing team and announced it
in January 2014 and that Brabham has executed it first in 2015.

Honestly we have to look at the positives. It will give confidence to
many people that the open model is the way to go to create sustainable
businesses. It will help us develop our own business forward.

I am proud that the PERRINN name will always be associated as a founder of
the open model in Motorsport. Maybe alongside Brabham if that has to be.

But you need to be sure of one thing, we have at PERRINN something that
is rare, we have the open design vision and the understanding of how to
deliver high quality racing cars required to go and win races. We have
a great design and we will always be 1 step ahead of any of our followers.

I would love if Brabham reaches the conclusion that they should use the
PERRINN LMP1 design as the starting point for their LMP1 open source
car. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It will be fascinating to follow.

But in any case. I can see in the near future some new open source
racing teams coming in, all in search to buy an open source racing car
and so there is a great market for us going forward. It will take a bit
more time.

In the meantime, we will develop the open design product business outside
the Motorsport world as a normal design company should do. We need to
diversify to get stronger.

And that's what I am working on just now.

You are right to follow PERRINN! You should be right to follow Brabham
too!

Best,

Nicolas
Old 25 Sep 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3457534)   #241
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
True gentleman there!

DSC and RLM have been re-spamming this Brabham thing all over twitter, don't remember such happening with Perrinn.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3457538)   #242
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
DSC and RLM have been re-spamming this Brabham thing all over twitter, don't remember such happening with Perrinn.
Me neither, which is why I was writing a lengthy letter to RLM yesternight, asking them why they weren't asking the interesting/important questions at all.
Not sure I'd have to expect an answer.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3457539)   #243
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very, very classy from Perrin. Just saw them tweet out in support of the project too.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3457579)   #244
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great response from perrin. i hope both projects become something real!
Old 25 Sep 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3457660)   #245
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Classy guy / team. Would be perfect if those projects pulled together in any way in future.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3457713)   #246
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Brabham is a 'big(ger) name', so of course everyone wants to be talking about their crowd sourced project, but Perrinn gets little mention. At least hes hopeful and respectful.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3458025)   #247
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow I'm quite impressed by Perrins response to the Brabham project, as others have said, it's quite a classy response. Good on him.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3458045)   #248
Michael24
Rookie

Netherlands
Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Michael24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I already wanted Perinn to succeed! Hope they both do!
Old 1 Oct 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3459094)   #249
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Me neither, which is why I was writing a lengthy letter to RLM yesternight, asking them why they weren't asking the interesting/important questions at all.
Not sure I'd have to expect an answer.
Frustrating: a week's passed and by now I don't expect any answer at all anymore. I'm taking home personal preference(s) in the broadcast crew(s) can make or break a project. Make one that has a "name" or break one that actually has a car.

Marketing, I hate you.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3459117)   #250
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Part of me was surprised Hindy didn't mention Perrin during the interview. Part of me wasn't. It might have been at the request of Brabham, I'm not sure. But I find it hard (actually impossible) to believe they weren't all aware of the project.

I don't think a 10pm announcement on internet radio will make or break anything - merely give something a small kick-start. I'd also contest the notion that Perrin 'has a car'.