Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Feb 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3027018)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oldtimer

I know I am not the most popular member on historic racing, but you may be able to help out.

My Dad and I are keen historic racing fans, but not really in the UK!

I have seen a couple of events advertised at the Ring, using a varied track layout.

There is an event in June and one in August, both are advertised as Oldtimer events.

Could anyone suggest the differences or which one might be the better to visit?

Am not so keen on watching on the GP track, only the ring, I realise some of the events are only forthe Gp track however.

Many thanks
Old 17 Feb 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3027071)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
August meeting is the AVD Oldtimer event

http://tinyurl.com/7dasawo

June is the ADAC EifelRennen - Jan Wellem Pokal meeting.

http://www.adac-eifelrennen.de/

I think that both events will have a mix of races on GP circuit and Nordschleife. You probably will need to wait until the full event details are published, but you could try contacting the organisers direct. (google is your friend).
Old 17 Feb 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3027264)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope this helps.

Last edited by terence; 2 Jul 2012 at 12:26.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3027325)   #4
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a round of the E-type Challenge at the Oldtimer. I missed it last year due to circumstances completely beyond my control
Old 18 Feb 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3027519)   #5
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Oldtimer in August is the flagship event for historics at Nurburgring. I am told that the crowds are bigger than at any other meeting with the exception of the Grand Prix.

There a lots of stalls and it is a really great weekend.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3027530)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The thing about websites is that they are supposed to impart information. I just looked at the site and there's no list of races. What a pile of steaming pooh, and shyte music too. Anyone know what will be racing at this event?
Old 18 Feb 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3027536)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been to the Oldtimer a few times as a spectator and to the Eifelrennen as a competitor twice. I'd say they are very similiar with the oldtimer being a little more 'upper class' with perhaps slightly more prestigious cars (many seen at other top classic events). However, the Eifelrennen offered more variety with cars you wouldn't find at say the Silverstone Classic, this was especially so in the actual 'Eifelrennen' race, the enduro on the Nordschleife. Unfortunately I understand the organisers are changing the classes in that race so perhaps that variety may be lost.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 20 Feb 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3028328)   #8
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The thing about websites is that they are supposed to impart information. I just looked at the site and there's no list of races. What a pile of steaming pooh, and shyte music too. Anyone know what will be racing at this event?
This is a preliminary list of races for the Oldtimer GP (sorry about it only being available in German).

Nürburgring Nordschleife (Freitag):

-22. AvD-Historic-Marathon für Tourenwagen und GT bis 1965
-Nürburgring-Trophy (T, CT, GT, GTS von 1966 bis 1971)
-Rennen für Tourenwagen und GT bis 2.000ccm bis 1965

Nürburgring Grand Prix Strecke (Freitag-Sonntag):

-FIA Lurani Trophy für Formel Junior Fahrzeuge
-Grand Prix Masters (Historische Formel 1 Fahrzeuge von 1966-1985)
-Revival Deutsche Rennsportmeisterschaft (Renntourenwagen und GT von 1972-1981)
-2-sitzige Rennwagen und GT bis 1960/61
-World Sportscar Masters
-Historic Grand Prix Cars bis 1961
-Masters GT-Rennen bis 1965 (Gentlemen Drivers)
-Jaguar Challenge
-Historische Tourenwagen (T, CT bis 1965)
-Roaring Twenties and Golden Thirties (GLP für Rennsportfahrzeuge der 20er-, 30er- und 40er Jahre).
Old 20 Feb 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3028329)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks guys

I think we are looking at August! If the Beetle will get ehre of course!

(Dad has an 80's (911)
Old 20 Feb 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3028339)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
This is a preliminary list of races for the Oldtimer GP (sorry about it only being available in German).

Nürburgring Nordschleife (Freitag):

-22. AvD-Historic-Marathon für Tourenwagen und GT bis 1965
-Nürburgring-Trophy (T, CT, GT, GTS von 1966 bis 1971)
-Rennen für Tourenwagen und GT bis 2.000ccm bis 1965

Nürburgring Grand Prix Strecke (Freitag-Sonntag):

-FIA Lurani Trophy für Formel Junior Fahrzeuge
-Grand Prix Masters (Historische Formel 1 Fahrzeuge von 1966-1985)
-Revival Deutsche Rennsportmeisterschaft (Renntourenwagen und GT von 1972-1981)
-2-sitzige Rennwagen und GT bis 1960/61
-World Sportscar Masters
-Historic Grand Prix Cars bis 1961
-Masters GT-Rennen bis 1965 (Gentlemen Drivers)
-Jaguar Challenge
-Historische Tourenwagen (T, CT bis 1965)
-Roaring Twenties and Golden Thirties (GLP für Rennsportfahrzeuge der 20er-, 30er- und 40er Jahre).
Great stuff. My apologies I didn't look at the German version. Thank you.