Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Sep 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3301435)   #1
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Classic TV coverage

I'm not sure if what I watched last night was a repeat, if so apologies for being late to comment, but did any of you see the Silverstone Classic TV coverage ? The most interesting bit for me was seeing how badly some of the owners of lovely kit drive their cars. One person in particular was appalling.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3301897)   #2
JonWolfe
Rookie

European Union
Gravenhurst
JonWolfe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't that just the nature of club motorsport? Some drivers are more skillful or experienced than others and only a tiny few could have made reasonable careers as paid drivers. Most of us (me included) are too inconsistent from day to day!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3301978)   #3
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddington Ted View Post
One person in particular was appalling.
I know you shouldn't name names but give us a clue. Which race?

I thought the coverage was good but the commentary a bit stilted.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3302021)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well it was not me!! as I did not get to race.. Miss Goodman came over too me at Goodwood a few years back to do an interview,well that was what I thought but apparantly I was in the way of the back drop..
Anyway yes give us a clue and l also thought the programme was good with our Simon and Jason having good drives and coming across well on the tely.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3302063)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well it was not me!! as I did not get to race.. Miss Goodman came over too me at Goodwood a few years back to do an interview,well that was what I thought but apparantly I was in the way of the back drop..
Anyway yes give us a clue and l also thought the programme was good with our Simon and Jason having good drives and coming across well on the tely.
I am sure Ted is referring to a certain Brazilian who drove a Porsche 917 amongst other cars, 'Carlos the Cakhanded' perhaps?

Just an observation you understand.

bauble.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3302073)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You may be right but it was the Supertourers that made the news, due to a winning driver being excluded post race over driving standards....

Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3302086)   #7
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I am sure Ted is referring to a certain Brazilian who drove a Porsche 917 amongst other cars, 'Carlos the Cakhanded' perhaps?

bauble.

You may think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3302121)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You may be right but it was the Supertourers that made the news, due to a winning driver being excluded post race over driving standards....

Did you mean 'diving' standards, Mike?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3302125)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

bauble.
Ah,yes thanks.but at least Gary had a good old run in her.Not that im envious.