Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3436189)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
2014 Hungarian Grand Prix

Track Length: 4.381km

Number of Turns: 14

Race Distance: 70 laps

Lap Record: 1:19.071, Michael Schumacher (Ferrari), 2004

hoping the battles continue into this weekend.

Old 21 Jul 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3436408)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, DOTR predictions, Kimi or Pastor (or Adrian, perhaps?)......
Old 22 Jul 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3436459)   #3
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
whoever deserves to be the DOTR will get my vote
Old 22 Jul 2014, 07:27 (Ref:3436549)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going for Kobayashi to claim DOTR when he finishes 2nd to Rosberg.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 07:39 (Ref:3436552)   #5
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what does DOTR mean?
Old 22 Jul 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3436556)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
So what does DOTR mean?
Driver Of The Race
Old 22 Jul 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3436619)   #7
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that this circuit favours the Red Bull more so than any other car on the grid - maybe the McLaren's if it's a wet race. I think this is the only time this year that we'll see the Red Bull's get close to the Mercedes cars. The Red Bull is dominant in it's aerodynamic department so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them battling for pole position.
I just hope that Mercedes have found the solution for Hamilton's brakes as Germany wasn't the only time we have seen Hamilton's brakes fail(Austria being the other time) - but it should be a great race, Hamilton won here either last year or in 2012 (my memory is awful) so I'm hoping for more of the same and that he can close the gap to Rosberg with some solid points here at Hungary.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3436655)   #8
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa, his 1 lap race will be spectacular
Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3437678)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
I think that this circuit favours the Red Bull more so than any other car on the grid - maybe the McLaren's if it's a wet race. I think this is the only time this year that we'll see the Red Bull's get close to the Mercedes cars. The Red Bull is dominant in it's aerodynamic department so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them battling for pole position.
I just hope that Mercedes have found the solution for Hamilton's brakes as Germany wasn't the only time we have seen Hamilton's brakes fail(Austria being the other time) - but it should be a great race, Hamilton won here either last year or in 2012 (my memory is awful) so I'm hoping for more of the same and that he can close the gap to Rosberg with some solid points here at Hungary.
It was last year that Lewis won in Hungary - his 1st win for Mercedes. It was actually a pretty good race - and hey, I'm not a fan of the circuit.

Yeah - you might be right about the Red Bulls - what with Hungary being a high downforce circuit - we could expect them to finish 3rd and 4th - unless the Mercs have problems. Could even Fingerman take his 1st win for some time, here? Hmmmm. Could Danny Boy beat him to it - again? Hmmmm.

As for this weekend - will Felipe crash out again? Maybe. Will Hamilton mess up his qualifying again? In all likelihood - yes.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3437697)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yeah - Hamster won in 2012 as well. That time in a McLaren. He does seem to like Hungary a lot.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3437701)   #11
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
It was last year that Lewis won in Hungary - his 1st win for Mercedes. It was actually a pretty good race - and hey, I'm not a fan of the circuit.

Yeah - you might be right about the Red Bulls - what with Hungary being a high downforce circuit - we could expect them to finish 3rd and 4th - unless the Mercs have problems. Could even Fingerman take his 1st win for some time, here? Hmmmm. Could Danny Boy beat him to it - again? Hmmmm.

As for this weekend - will Felipe crash out again? Maybe. Will Hamilton mess up his qualifying again? In all likelihood - yes.
I'm not a big fan of the circuit either. Another question we need to ask is will Hamilton go with the brakes his used to qualify on in Germany (can't remember the technical name) or will he go for the ones he used in the race. He seems to have decent pace on both (if you take out the accident in Germany and take into account his results throughout the season).
Old 25 Jul 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3437711)   #12
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
I'm not a big fan of the circuit either. Another question we need to ask is will Hamilton go with the brakes his used to qualify on in Germany (can't remember the technical name) or will he go for the ones he used in the race. He seems to have decent pace on both (if you take out the accident in Germany and take into account his results throughout the season).
I doubt he'll put himself into that situation again.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3437727)   #13
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently Toto Wolf and Paddy Lowe were involved in a cycling accident sometime in the past week. Herr Wolf was worst off in the accident.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3437741)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Back to back GPs, Germany then Hungary. It keeps the momentum up, especially with the Hamilton v Rosberg Saga.

It will be interesting to see what the track attendance is like.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3437743)   #15
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somehwat unsurprisingly, Hamilton has topped the times in both Free practice. He's seeing lines on this track that no one else does...Been that way for years. He has what 4 or 5 wins here?

It will be interesting to see the attendance. I suspect the Finnish crowd will be large with Bottas being so strong and Raikkonen.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:58 (Ref:3437744)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the F1 website is saying that all grandstand tickets are sold out. although that could be because the event has started and ticket sales are now being handled at the gate.

http://tickets.formula1.com/en/3277-hungary-fom/

just running some quick conversions compared to what i paid for Montreal this year and prices seem very very similar.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3437847)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oversteer city.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3437929)   #18
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Oversteer city.

welcome to the 2014 Hungarian Drifting GP.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 02:26 (Ref:3438033)   #19
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So, DOTR predictions, Kimi or Pastor (or Adrian, perhaps?)......
Dumb question. The prediction for DOTR is easy. Kimi of course. He has been DOEveryR all season.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3438160)   #20
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, Ferrari sure has set Kimi up to get that DOTR this time.
why on earth they thought that time was safe is beyond me...
Old 26 Jul 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3438167)   #21
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
We have had good reliability in the first half of the season but are now getting minor and sometimes spectacular issues cropping up.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3438170)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm crossing from philosophical to miffed now.

Balls.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3438184)   #23
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Hamilton did not have bad luck he would have no luck. I doubt he can make the podium tomorrow but stranger things have happened. I wonder how much damage has been done to the car?
Old 26 Jul 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3438194)   #24
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 26 Jul 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3438203)   #25
Articus
Veteran

what the flaming heck...

Last edited by Articus; 26 Jul 2014 at 14:15.