Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Mar 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2429585)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
AT&T Williams with Nat West

If I was the publicity people at RBS I would pop NAT WEST onto the Williams for the British GP. Untainted in the way that Fred has tainted the RBS brand and a way forward for the group in general.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2429710)   #2
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the current financial climate - and after the Fred Goodwin controversy - I don't think that the majority of RBS customers would appreciate their bank's logo being seen sponsoring a team in the high-cost world of F1. This is probably one of the reasons why RBS will be ending their sponsorship of the Williams team at the end of this season.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2429980)   #3
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I thought I heard Frank say it was at the end of 2010... not 2009.

Either way it would make sense for the team to be rebranded by the parent bank and exposure given to a secondary brand even if it applies only to the UK market.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2429991)   #4
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I thought I heard Frank say it was at the end of 2010... not 2009.
Yes it looks like you're right. For some reason I thought that this was the final year of the RBS sponsorship deal with Williams, but I found the following information...

Quote:
"Royal Bank of Scotland will end its sponsorship of the Williams Formula One team when the current deal expires in 2010... RBS said they expected to halve their sponsorship costs by 2010 and had already cancelled Formula One trackside advertising for 2010... It added that across all RBS sponsorships, hospitality costs this year had been reduced by around 90 percent."
(I assume that "2010" refers to the end of the 2010 season)
Old 31 Mar 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2430125)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie View Post
I don't think that the majority of RBS customers would appreciate their bank's logo being seen sponsoring a team in the high-cost world of F1.
This seems likely, but I'd rather see it on the car than not since it has already been paid for. Yes, I am a RBS customer.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2430758)   #6
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Youre the one! Not called Fred are you??
Old 1 Apr 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2430763)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Youre the one! Not called Fred are you??
No,his real name is Jackie.