3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Mar 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2429134)   #51
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab-aracer View Post
I don't understand how the race can be given a 10 ? Yes no doubt a great race, but giving a 10 would indicate it can't get any better.

I can only put the number of 10's given down to the good folk of 10/10's finally getting there fix after the winter break

The race was a great way to get the season going with a fairytale ending.

But when we see the lead changing several times and it being 5 abreast approaching the chequered flag after an amazing race full of overtaking and incredible balls of steel driving then give it a 10 !
While I like the word picture you create I cannot imagine the stewards allowing such a race. Still I suppose if everyone got an unappealable 25 second penalty it wouldn't actually change the result would it.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2429177)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its just opinion and its subjective to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab-aracer View Post
I don't understand how the race can be given a 10 ? Yes no doubt a great race, but giving a 10 would indicate it can't get any better.
maybe it can’t who knows. But the point of a thread like this I to get an idea what people think after the race is over not what we will think of it at the end of the year or a year from now. I was willing to give it a 10 because sitting down after the race I honestly felt that it doesn’t get any better than this. Maybe that it was the first race of the year I should have been more conservative or given myself some room for the potential of better races to come, but that’s not me. This race had everything I could want in a race and I think if you are holding out for some magical outcome of five wide crossing the finish line you are short changing yourself of the great race you just watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
I just simply do not think it had the "extra something" required to elevate into the rarefied 9-10 zone (not really close, IMO).
again what is that something extra and compared to what? The outcome for this race was legendary. From now till the end of time (or at least until someone duplicates this feat) every time a new team lines up for the first time this is the paradigm they have to live up to. Every time the commentator will say remember BrawnGP. Its been 30 years since this has happened and a 1-2 finish took it to a new level - has anyone seen this before?

On top of that, we had passing on track for position, 3 cars charging from the back to get into the point (with Trulli having it taken away by the officials), accidents, SC periods, controversy, no rain but changing lighting conditions which affected the drivers, a huge difference in tire compounds, a double Ferrari DNF for the first time in forever, new technologies to talk about, last years also rans finishing in the points, the continuing growth of Vettel and Kubica –stars of the future taking each other to task in the final laps (with no diffuser help), and it was the first race of the year with all the hype associated with that.

I mean what more could anyone want. Live in the moment guys
Old 30 Mar 2009, 18:40 (Ref:2429191)   #53
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Its just opinion and its subjective to say the least.

maybe it can’t who knows. But the point of a thread like this I to get an idea what people think after the race is over not what we will think of it at the end of the year or a year from now. I was willing to give it a 10 because sitting down after the race I honestly felt that it doesn’t get any better than this. Maybe that it was the first race of the year I should have been more conservative or given myself some room for the potential of better races to come, but that’s not me. This race had everything I could want in a race and I think if you are holding out for some magical outcome of five wide crossing the finish line you are short changing yourself of the great race you just watched.
Ok, maybe my idea of 5 cars dicing for the lead into the final corner is a little far fetched, but still I will hold onto a score of 10 for the 'Impossible dream' and if ever there was a season to produce it ......
Old 31 Mar 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2430064)   #54
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8 mainly only watched the highlights program though but i from what i saw it seemed alright.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2430087)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone gave it 1?
Old 31 Mar 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2430092)   #56
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Someone gave it 1?
Someone = Spritle!

Come on Spritle, it was a cracking race! It might not be a 10, but it was the best (Forumula One) race that I've seen in a long time.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 00:29 (Ref:2430182)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

There's always room for a zero...
Old 1 Apr 2009, 00:45 (Ref:2430190)   #58
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
There's always room for a zero...
Even the dullest, most processional race should be able to scrape a 1... USGP 2005 anyone?!
Old 1 Apr 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2430196)   #59
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8/10

Could've done with a bit more competition for the win, Button in the Brawn seemed to be cruising for the most part. Could get tedious if Brawn continue to dominate. But, over all, a thrilling event.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2430683)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It was a great race,but possibly the last we'll see in Australia for some time.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2430813)   #61
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I gave it an 8 but last year I gave a race a 2 which I thought I would never do.

It could be a lot better and a 10 rates as a superlative that can't be bettered. To me a 9 would be an absolutely outstanding race, much better than Melbourne.

Melbourne had tension, interest because of the new rules and a fairy tale debut for Brawn so it evoked a lot of emotion, but had it been that Toyota and Brawn swapped their places in qualifyingand the race would the attitudes on 10/10ths have been the same?

I think not, and that is the subjective part.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 05:09 (Ref:2432029)   #62
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I gave it an 8

It could be a lot better and a 10 rates as a superlative that can't be bettered. To me a 9 would be an absolutely outstanding race, much better than Melbourne.
Absolutely.