Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2432339)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Steward Donnelly

Can anyone tell me what qualifications Donnelly has? Ex Driver? ex owner ? ex flat mate with Gordon Brown ? Would be interested to know his credentials and therefore his value added.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2432343)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I assume you're referring to Alan Donnelly. All I know about him is that he's a former Labour MP and he's from Jarrow (Jarra) in South Tyneside.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2432348)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Former Labour MEP for the North East, and leader of ZANU-Labour in the Europarl.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2432351)   #4
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, I meant Alan Donnelly. Does he have motor racing experience to your knowledge and is he still an MEP while also working for the FIA ?
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2432356)   #5
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post
Yes, I meant Alan Donnelly. Does he have motor racing experience to your knowledge and is he still an MEP while also working for the FIA ?
I don't think he is an MEP anymore and as far as I'm aware, he has no previous involvement in motorsport, though his PR firm previously represented Ferrari.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2432368)   #6
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post
no relation to Martin Donnelly and no apparent racing knowledge. And not an MEP any more.
Wiki is your friend,
"Alan Donnelly, (born 16 July 1957), is a former Labour MEP from Jarrow United Kingdom and leader of the European Parliamentary Labour Party from 1998 to 2005.
He is currently the executive chairman of Sovereign Strategy, a public affairs company that he founded in January 2000.
He is also active in Formula One, representing Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile President Max Mosley at Grands Prix."
more here -
http://www.sovereignstrategy.com/showprofile.asp?id=1
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2432374)   #7
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I find this page interesting

http://www.sovereignstrategy.com/clients2.asp

It's a little incestuous isn't it; both FIA and FOM are listed as clients and the chief executive is also the permanent steward or whatever he is called.

At least ferrari are no longer listed as clients (they used to be) of course that doesn't mean they aren't as I am sure this isn't an exhaustive list.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2432382)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I find this page interesting

http://www.sovereignstrategy.com/clients2.asp

It's a little incestuous isn't it; both FIA and FOM are listed as clients and the chief executive is also the permanent steward or whatever he is called.

At least ferrari are no longer listed as clients (they used to be) of course that doesn't mean they aren't as I am sure this isn't an exhaustive list.
:-) ...was hoping somebody would look a little further....
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2432384)   #9
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"Sovereign has built an international reputation for the quality of its strategic advice to global organisations like the FIA. Crucially, Sovereign understands the speed and nature of change in a complex business and political world"

Max Mosley - President, Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile

"Our experience shows that while many professional advisors make claims - Sovereign delivers"

Bernie Ecclestone - Chief Executive, Formula One Management Ltd
oh stop... stop please.. my sides are hurting.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2432431)   #10
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As if Bernie needed advice ... *shrugs*
Old 3 Apr 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2432444)   #11
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
As if Bernie needed advice ... *shrugs*
Oh I think he needs it, can't imagine him taking it though
Old 3 Apr 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2432449)   #12
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Would you have confidence in someone who (a) worked for the Labour Party and (b) was an MEP?

The words snout and trough come to mind.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2432458)   #13
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Would you have confidence in someone who (a) worked for the Labour Party and (b) was an MEP?

you missed out Large, and Deep.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2432479)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post

Reports that Mr Donnelly's wife used some of the $100m recouped from McLaren to download Buff Boys 3: Pecs Appeal are unconfirmed.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2432499)   #15
agricola
Rookie

agricola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More details of Mr Donnelly

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19972.html
http://www.nuclearspin.org/index.php...n_Strategy_Ltd
Dont know if he did anything over Weapons of Mass Destruction but sounds like Tony, Max's sort of guy.
But in the end there is no excuse for a lie even after such a briliant drive.
There is a technological solution. 2 Seater F1 cars with of course a Lawyer in the front to interpret the rules etc.
Max being a lawyer should be in a Maclaren............
Old 3 Apr 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2432568)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I don't think he is an MEP anymore and as far as I'm aware, he has no previous involvement in motorsport, though his PR firm previously represented Ferrari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
...his PR firm previously represented Ferrari.
There it is! The smoking gun! This proves it is part of the pro-Ferrari/anti-Mclaren/anti-Lewis conspiracy web!

Goodbye telly!!!!!!
Old 3 Apr 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2432571)   #17
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
I wasn't implying...
Old 3 Apr 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2432572)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I was joking, .
Old 3 Apr 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2432730)   #19
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Someone dive deeper and find the link. Ferrari no longer mentioned? Subsidiaries? Or any related companies? Ferrari now taken off the list? I feel sure there must be a connection still somewhere, or theyve lost huge revenue. Maybe, but inclination says.....search