Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 24 Jul 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3437325)   #1
philriley427
Rookie

philriley427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Sussex GT at Goodwood

Back in May I took part in the Cobra Drivers' Club event, 'The Sussex GT at Goodwood'. Organised by Classic Car Tours (Ecosse), this was a two day event open to cars with a Shelby heritage, including Mustangs, GT40s, Sunbeam Tigers and all types of Cobra (original and replica). Day one was a two-part scenic rally starting at Goodwood and included lunch at the Old Control Tower at the circuit. Following the afternoon session, we returned to our accommodation at the Goodwood Hotel where a gala dinner took place that evening. Special guests were Sir John Whitmore, 'Gentleman' Jack Sears, Sir Paul Vestey, Doug Nye amongst others. Day 2 was a full track day on the circuit, where we shared an amazing experience with our special guests who test drove cars and joined us as passengers.

So, with some shaky footage of my car on circuit, I've editied this short clip of my on-track capers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycX...Dldu-hsVM6JaWw

I'm already pencilled-in for taking part in next year's event on 17-18 May 2015. And, I beleive other V8 marques are welcome, plus Dodge Vipers.