Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Mar 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2420000)   #26
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the teams look fairly close. McLaren are clearly behind keeping Force India company, and Brawn seem to be ahead - but the others look remarkably close considering what a big rule shake-up there was.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2420109)   #27
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I think it'll be a toss up between Brawn, Ferrari and McLaren for the pole in Australia. I think Mac will sort it, and I get the feeling they've identified the problem area.

Selby
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2420117)   #28
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brawn Ferrari BMW you mean surely? McLaren can't be anywhere close.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2420360)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I was thinking BMW, and you're right. I just can't see Mac struggling that much, I really can't. As much as it'd be nice and topsy turvy

Selby
Old 20 Mar 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2420369)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think Mac are heading for 4th-6th grid spots come Melbourne.

Williams I hope are top 10.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2420371)   #31
Glen
Veteran

Other way round.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2425926)   #32
Glen
Veteran

Williams at the front again.

Mac at the back.

And it's Friday - all is well in the world.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2425948)   #33
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post

Mac at the back.

Old 27 Mar 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2426030)   #34
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
As has been said elsewhere. Williams often start the year at (or near to) the front, but then slip back downwards as other teams overtake them with development. Maybe this years testing restrictions will stop that happening & Williams will have a stellar season?
I hope so...
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2426111)   #35
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post
Year after year we Williams fans have to put up with a poor car. Lets hope this year will change that but nothing suggests it as yet. What can they do ?

Looks like I might be wrong. Fantastic and well done all at Grove. Now keep it up all season please.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2426117)   #36
Glen
Veteran

The current climate of cutting costs and rewarding engineering ingenuity plays perfectly to Williams' strengths - more power to them and good luck for the weekend.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2426124)   #37
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know. Australia is quite a different track to the rest. They were quick last year as well and then fell away badly. I hope their pace remains but can't jump to any conclusions yet.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2426133)   #38
Glen
Veteran

Oh come on - don't spoil it!

Part of the reason that they have tended to not develop as quickly as the opposition throughout the season has been resources - now that testing is strictly limited that might not be so bad this year.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2427705)   #39
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Mac at the back.

Fortunately, they only hand the points out on Sunday.

Bravo Lewis.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:01 (Ref:2427709)   #40
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nico or Nakajima should have been on the podium today. Williams will be disappointed today, they had the raw pace which is encouraging.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2427714)   #41
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Nico or Nakajima should have been on the podium today. Williams will be disappointed today, they had the raw pace which is encouraging.
They did indeed, but in a tightly bunched field, mistakes will cost you.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2428782)   #42
Glen
Veteran

Well done to Hamilton - brilliant result. And a bit flat from the Williams drivers (well, Nak is an also-ran anyway). They do still have the better car though -bring on the next race!
Old 31 Mar 2009, 04:17 (Ref:2429501)   #43
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Although Williams had the pace they turned a podium into a 'not a podium'.
You cant make mistakes like those of Nakajima and the team and get a great result. On the other hand McLaren and Hamilton managed to take a mediocre car and turn it into a podium. Yes, things went their way, but you have to make the most of your opportunities when you get them.

I would love to see Rosberg win Monaco, 27 years after his dad did it, but is the team up to it. Nico is quick but theres more to it than just being quick.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 04:58 (Ref:2429507)   #44
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Well done to Hamilton - brilliant result. And a bit flat from the Williams drivers (well, Nak is an also-ran anyway). They do still have the better car though -bring on the next race!
I wouldn't call Kaz an also-ran he was keeping up the pace of Rubens and he finished on the podium
Old 31 Mar 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2429517)   #45
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseYourFist View Post
I wouldn't call Kaz an also-ran he was keeping up the pace of Rubens and he finished on the podium
yeah i agree - lets not forget it is only Nakajima's 2nd full season in f1, and i think he's doing really well.

had good pace all weekend, though was a poor driving mistake on sunday, but one i dont think he will repeat.

i wouldnt be surprised if he's quite close in the points tally to rosberg at year's end, though rosberg undoubtedly has much more class.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2429615)   #46
Glen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseYourFist View Post
Rubens finished on the podium because he finished. I'll step back from my earlier remark just slightly - give him another chance. But so far I'm not desperately impressed.