Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2429923)   #51
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
The only really ugly car is the Renault.
Sorry, but I think the Red Bull chassis is hideous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It actually looks quite distinctive at the moment. Last thing we need is yet another red car.
I've thought of a way that everyone will be happy - and the car will definitely remain distinctive! The current Brawn livery on one side of the car, Virgin livery on the other side, with a big zip up the middle - a-la-BAR in '99...

Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2429926)   #52
Daniel Pinnegar
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton UK
Daniel Pinnegar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
In terms of livery, surely Toyota's innovative red and white paint job must be the best.
They obviously just gave a 2 year old a paint by number set!!
Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2429949)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Argh, Burnsie, my eyes!
Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2429959)   #54
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Argh, Burnsie, my eyes!

Presumably you're not a big fan of Craig Pollock's marvellous ideas, Mr Knowles?!
Old 31 Mar 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2429964)   #55
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie View Post
Remember it well, loved it then, still love it now. Innovative, striking and best of all showed the old gents at the FIA up for the stuck in the past old duffers they were.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2429981)   #56
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Innovative, striking and best of all showed the old gents at the FIA up for the stuck in the past old duffers they were.
It was good marketing, and yes I suspect there was an element of something of a response to the regulations stating that both cars must be identical.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2430086)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Craig really showed Max and Bernie! Where are they now?
Old 31 Mar 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2430137)   #58
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It was good marketing, and yes I suspect there was an element of something of a response to the regulations stating that both cars must be identical.
As I remember it at the time they asked for an exception to be made to the regulations as the sponsor/owners wanted to run a different brand on each car, when permission was refused they put both liveries on both cars, I think they ran like this for at least two years didn't they, from memory with the zip appearing in the second year.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2430168)   #59
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They only ran that for one year.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2430170)   #60
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
They only ran that for one year.
That's one year too many.

ANYWAY, apologies to the mods, I have inadvertently derailed this thread from its original topic. Back to 2009 cars...

I'm not sure how Brawn could adopt a new Virgin livery without the car looking too similar to another one currently on the grid. If they go for an all-out red paint-job, they'll just look like Ferraris; and if they use the red paint-pot sparingly, they'll just look like Toyotas. I'm one of the people who don't want them to change it at all, but if the rumours are to be believed then a new livery will be in place in time for China.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 06:24 (Ref:2430310)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie View Post
If they go for an all-out red paint-job, they'll just look like Ferraris; and if they use the red paint-pot sparingly, they'll just look like Toyotas.
How about a mix of black with the red, such as that used for Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile?

Old 1 Apr 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2430446)   #62
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still like the look of the Red Bulls even with the sail on the back.
I was surprised at the track most of the cars look better then in pics but I guess that's because you see them side on for the most part.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2430466)   #63
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!

'nuff said
Old 1 Apr 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2430652)   #64
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
How about a mix of black with the red, such as that used for Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile?
Yes that could work... I like the sound of a red/black colour scheme too. Off the top of my head, I can't think of an F1 car which has used such a livery, not in recent times anyway...?
Old 1 Apr 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2430667)   #65
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if the livery will reflect the Virgin Group as a whole, or focus on trying shift more specific kit.

If it was focused on Virgin media I'd like to see a deep red skin with a mass of multi -coloured fibre optic cables running all over the car.

Failing that why not have a full length Samuel L Jackson running from the cockpit down the nose with "The Mother" written on the side pods