Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2424327)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Who is planning on watching Practice?

And how are you going about doings so?

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:32 (Ref:2424330)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'm off work on Friday and I'm going to get up early and watch it on the red button.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2424333)   #3
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm unfortunalty staying a b and b with work which doen't have digital - if i'd been at home i would!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2424334)   #4
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish I could!!!

I suppose I could jump in the car drive 6 hours down the road to watch it in person at the circuit. no such luck though.

Channel TEN are hopeless, no HD TV in the bush so first telecast starts midday Saturday for gods sake.

I noted the BBC is telecasting everything starting from first practice, it nearly makes me want to emigrate back to the UK.

I buy a fair bit of advertising of my local affiliation of TEN so my local reps got an earful, I don't know whether it was to shut me up but they quietly agreed but saw little chance of anything changing until HD TV gets to the bush.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2424337)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Beeb plan on repeating it on the Red Button (I've seen no plans to do so though), then I'll be watching it on the 50 inch plasma TV on my desk at work

edit: scratch that, I'll just download it and watch it on said big screen...can't wait!

Last edited by mjstallard; 25 Mar 2009 at 11:06.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2424351)   #6
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be recording it, won't get a chance to watch it till I get home from work on Friday night though
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2424361)   #7
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I want to I'll not be able to watch it....but Saturday morning is another story.
3 alarm clocks set...just in case.

Just can't wait to see them fire up.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2424366)   #8
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think my digital recorder will get a work out this weekend, what with the new AFL season commencing (go Hawks!) on Friday night for my team and the grand prix firing up this weekend.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2424377)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Can I just ask, will the practise be shown LIVE on BBC? Or is it a case of having to wait for Qualifying, then hitting the red button to see it?

I was under the assumption we could watch it live?

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2424387)   #10
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
It'll be live on the Red Button, as long as you can wake up in time. There'll be highlight clips on the BBC website (but not the full sessions, AFAIK) if you have things to do (i.e. sleep) when they're circulating.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2424388)   #11
Adelaide94
Rookie

Adelaide94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practise will be live on red button as far as I can tell. Time are here Watched rerun of Adelaide 94 last night on red button and have set up recorder to record 301 (BBCi) for practise sessions.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2424390)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I have Sky+. What channel would it be on? And can I set it up on record?

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2424391)   #13
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm confused now - According to the race preview thread, it's going to be on 302...

Does anyone know for certain which channel it's on, or should I record both to be on the safe side?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2424394)   #14
Adelaide94
Rookie

Adelaide94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'm confused as well now. It was on 301 last night definitely as I have a Vista media center PC for recording TV and as it doesn't support the red button thing I have to manually tune to the BBCi channel. If the practise is going to be on 302 I'll have to reset the recordings I've set up for practise pronto!

Don't know how it would work for Sky+, but I had to manually put in a channel and a start & end time as the practise won't be in the guide.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2424397)   #15
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Im going to sacrafice a days productivity at work on friday and watch both opening sessions. I have no choice, my body wont let me sleep if i know live motorsport is on.......

Tragically, i'm gonna miss parts of the race. I have to sign on at Rye House for Club100 (Karting) at 8:15am. I will get to see the first half-an-hour then have to jump in the car and listen on the radio. As a result, im rather sadistically wishing for a dull race.......
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2424398)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
Sky+ wont record off the red button sadly. Time to fire up the old Freeview PVR in the bedroom - fingers crossed, we had a transmitter upgrade last night and that freeview box of mine does'nt like rescanning much.

Sainsburys are doing a PVR Freeview by Sagem for £30 if you can still find one in stock.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2424405)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I shall stay up and watch them I think.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2424411)   #18
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
So what channel would I need to go on to on Sky+ when it is on live?

I really do apologise about the questions - I havn't had it for too long.

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2424414)   #19
Maccafan
Rookie

England
Hull, England
Maccafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's on red button on BBC. Unfortunately though you cant record red button. I tried last night for the '86 Aus GP.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:37 (Ref:2424418)   #20
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
And when was this on? I've just tried using the Red Button on BBC and it just appears to be teletext lol

How do I find a tv guide as to what will be on the red button and when?

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2424421)   #21
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
You can - you just need to tune to the appropriate video stream (301 or 302), and you're sorted.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2424424)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
And when was this on? I've just tried using the Red Button on BBC and it just appears to be teletext lol

Selby
Go to sports multiscreen then I think its currently option2.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2424430)   #23
Maccafan
Rookie

England
Hull, England
Maccafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Selby
BBC website will be your best bet for TV guide for red button. I think 1st practice is on at about 2am and 2nd at about 5am for Aus though.

When you go on red button, select sport multiscreen and then select which number screen you want from the right hand side. I think its normally number 2 for F1.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2424436)   #24
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think if you hit the red button it directs you to 302 or 301 but I'm happy to be corrected
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2424440)   #25
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Awesome, thanks guys. Just had a bit of a play about with all that and it's really cool. I just had this horrible worry i'd wake up at silly o'clock and not be able to find it...

Selby