Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jan 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2810572)   #1
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Test Day - (22/23) 24th April 2011

Hiya, any idea,s of time scale for the up coming test weekend, thinking about return visit to marshal the event, yea, am on MSA, approved list, and ACO, lists, but not done test day of some year,s

wanta find info out Before book ferries,. so if any one can help, please, keep this thread going,...

in andvace thanks

pete
Old 3 Jan 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2810579)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Test day should be April 24th according to the schedule.
Old 3 Jan 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2810620)   #3
peter195001
Racer

yea, thats what me already khow, tis time table after, me thinking/ worring what home bound ferry need to book
Old 4 Jan 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2810970)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The provisional schedule is as follows (from this document published by the ACO on 03/12/10):

HORAIRES PREVISIONNELS / PROVISIONAL SCHEDULE
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Vendredi 22 avril / Friday 22nd April
09:30 Réunion du Collège des Commissaires Sportifs (Circuit) – Journée Test
Stewards’ meeting (Circuit) – Test Day
09:00 – 18:00 Vérifications Administratives et Techniques (Circuit) – Journée Test
Administrative Checks and Scrutineering (Circuit) – Test Day
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Samedi 23 avril / Saturday 23rd April
09:00 – 15:00 Vérifications Administratives et Techniques (Circuit) – Journée Test
Administrative Checks and Scrutineering (Circuit) – Test Day
16:00 Briefing Pilotes et Team Managers – Journée Test
Drivers and Team Managers’ briefing – Test Day
Dimanche 24 avril / Sunday 24th April
09:00 – 13:00 Journée Test / Test Day
14:00 – 18:00 Journée Test / Test Day

The Sunday schedule follows the same timings as the last official test day which was held 1st June 2008.

Hope that helps.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2811245)   #5
peter195001
Racer

Brillant, that gives me fighting chance of sorting some thing out.

pete
Old 5 Jan 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2811598)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter195001 View Post
Brillant, that gives me fighting chance of sorting some thing out.

pete
Peter, see you there as I'll also be marshalling out at poste 106 on test day.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2811620)   #7
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Test day should be April 24th according to the schedule.
What! That's Easter Sunday!
Old 5 Jan 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2811621)   #8
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Yeah, but in this day and age, to be brutally honest, who cares anymore?

And the ACO has conveniently forgotten that the last 4 test weekends were two weeks ahead of the race, last test day that was this far ahead of the event was '04.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2811635)   #9
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
D'ont realized that until your Message . Friday before and Monday after are Days off .So I can take the Thalys on Friday 6 am from Cologne to Paris , make a nice Day in Paris ,and take in the Evening the TGV to Le Mans . Going Monday morning back to Paris and in the evening with the Thalys back to Cologne . Good Plan :
Old 6 Jan 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2812174)   #10
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking at going down for this too, does anyone know of any reasonable B&B's in Le Mans town, or perhaps one of the 'Formula 1' style cheap hotels ? I think it will be too cold for camping .
Old 7 Jan 2011, 06:49 (Ref:2812275)   #11
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
I'm looking at going down for this too, does anyone know of any reasonable B&B's in Le Mans town, or perhaps one of the 'Formula 1' style cheap hotels ? I think it will be too cold for camping .
A few years back, two of us went for the test day and whilst it wasn't as hot as in June, we had good weather - certainly warm enough for camping, although it was only the first weekend in May.

However, I don't think the campsites will be open. We spent Saturday night on a piece of litter-strewn waste ground at the Karting circuit and Sunday night in a motorway rest area somewhere near Chartres! Both nights were under canvas.

Since there's less peripheral activity during the test weekend, it's easy to get away from the circuit promptly and you could find a hotel in, say, Alencon or somewhere else on the route home.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2812376)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter195001 View Post
yea, thats what me already khow, tis time table after, me thinking/ worring what home bound ferry need to book
Wow ..... What kinda grammer is that then !!!
Old 7 Jan 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2812379)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Yeah, but in this day and age, to be brutally honest, who cares anymore?
I do ..... It means that I cant go cuz of dissapointing my little girl .
Old 8 Jan 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2812879)   #14
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
A few years back, two of us went for the test day and whilst it wasn't as hot as in June, we had good weather - certainly warm enough for camping, although it was only the first weekend in May.

However, I don't think the campsites will be open. We spent Saturday night on a piece of litter-strewn waste ground at the Karting circuit and Sunday night in a motorway rest area somewhere near Chartres! Both nights were under canvas.

Since there's less peripheral activity during the test weekend, it's easy to get away from the circuit promptly and you could find a hotel in, say, Alencon or somewhere else on the route home.
Thank you for that info, I have been looking using the Trip advisor and seem to have found a decent hotel in Le Mans, it wil be easier than lugging all the camping gear down to the circuit. I've just got to firm up plans for that weekend and then will go ahead and book.

It will be strange staying away from La Suze for the weekend, it doesn't open until 1st May I believe ?
Old 20 Jan 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2818475)   #15
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Did anybody know's if the Circuit is open on Saturday for the Scrutineering ???
Old 20 Jan 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2818513)   #16
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I do ..... It means that I cant go cuz of dissapointing my little girl .
same goes for me, was planning to go the weekend but now it is family time...
might try to go to the WTCC round at Zolder for a day during the weekend.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 23:35 (Ref:2818566)   #17
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Did anybody know's if the Circuit is open on Saturday for the Scrutineering ???
I remember that during the last test week-ends, the circuit was opened for the scutineering, but you must have your ticket. Will it be the same this year? I can call the ACO to try to get the information.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 03:35 (Ref:2818605)   #18
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Will be nice if you can get any Information .
Old 24 Jan 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2819788)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

If you buy the test weekend ticket , you get a discount for the race ticket .
Old 24 Jan 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2819852)   #20
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Had a look on my old Tickets . Race Ticket contains the Ticket for the Test Day .
Old 24 Jan 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2820111)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Had a look on my old Tickets . Race Ticket contains the Ticket for the Test Day .
that is how i always thought it works
Old 25 Jan 2011, 06:36 (Ref:2820221)   #22
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Enceinte Générale (General Enclosure) ticket for the week or for the practices, for the Mulsanne – Arnage bends, and even the Pitwalk. Choose your means of access to the “24 Heures du Mans” Circuit in order to experience the competition to the full. Your ticket will also give you access to the Test Day on Sunday, 25th April 2011

Question is if you can get inside the Circuit on Saturday for Scrutineering .???
Old 29 Jan 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2822450)   #23
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Booked today the tickets for the Train . Will going from Friday until Tuesday
Old 2 Feb 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2824675)   #24
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Just heard via Twitter there will be a maximum of 76 cars present on test day!!!!! Sounds like it's going to be a fun day if that many turn up!
Old 2 Feb 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2824677)   #25
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I'd make that 76 to be what remains of the initial 56 + 10 which are announced next week, plus 10 FLM cars.