Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Jan 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1497474)   #1
fast.eddie
Rookie

fast.eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
argo jm14 help

anyone ever heard of a chap called Mark Galvin. he raced a argo jm14 in 1984, he may have been run by a chap named Jhon Murphy from county Kildare, i think he ran the Mondello racing school. anyway i am looking for the car which i am led to belive is lying around somewhere in not to good condition. i am looking for any argo jm14 parts or cars which are lying around if anyone can help please email me...cheers eddie.
eddie.wilkins@btinternet.com Damon Hill made his single seater dabut in one of these cars in 1983. alongside Anthony Reid. ANY INFO WOULD BE MOST HELPFULL.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1497489)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Moved... this may get better results here....
Old 9 Jan 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1497657)   #3
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Try a post in the Historic Racing & Racing History section. It amazes me what some of these guys can remember or have info on!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1550132)   #4
kram
Rookie

Canada
Park Bench
kram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argo JM14 no. 003

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast.eddie
anyone ever heard of a chap called Mark Galvin. he raced a argo jm14 in 1984, he may have been run by a chap named Jhon Murphy from county Kildare, i think he ran the Mondello racing school. anyway i am looking for the car which i am led to belive is lying around somewhere in not to good condition. i am looking for any argo jm14 parts or cars which are lying around if anyone can help please email me...cheers eddie.
eddie.wilkins@btinternet.com Damon Hill made his single seater dabut in one of these cars in 1983. alongside Anthony Reid. ANY INFO WOULD BE MOST HELPFULL.
I left the car (no. 003 I seem to remember) with John Murphy in Clane, Co, Kildare - it’s his to sell if:

a) he still has it

and

b) it has not eroded and become part of the planet (very good chance of that).

It was an interesting car to drive and a very hard one to set up well. There was a mechanical weakness in that the rear rocker arms bent continually, indeed two collapsed on me, one in the middle of a high speed bend which resulted in a bang that even cracked my helmet.

Good luck in your quest.

Mark
Old 17 Mar 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1551523)   #5
fast.eddie
Rookie

jm14

thanks for your reply, i have still to find John Murphy to ask if he has the car or knows what happened to it. i understand that you changed to a van diemen later that season. i am hoping to rebuild the car once i have located it. i have been racing a jm14 in the urs classic ff2000 championship and have found it rather fustrating trying to get a balance mid corner. but i think we are moving forward now. the char had been cut about and used for hillclimbing etc, the chassis had been cut and holes in the body. shame. but i am going to win in it. thanks and all the best eddie...www.wilkinsracing.com
Old 2 Jun 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1625487)   #6
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie, I assume you have the ex-Galvin JM14, that he raced in 84? If so, it was run by John Kirkpatrick Racing, alongside their 'No.1 Driver' Anthony Reid that year. Reid went well in the cars in 83 and 84, winning a few races IIRC against the dominant Reynards and occasional Van Diemens.

Don't know how many JM14s were made, possibly only 5 or 6 over the 2 years, I can't recall many if any being sold to privateers in period. JKR ran at least 3 I think in 83, and may have had the odd extra one in 84.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1625956)   #7
fast.eddie
Rookie

jm14

thanks for the info. i have still not found john murphy, or the car he ran for mark galvin. mark has replied to me with some very uselful information about setup..the car i am running went well at brands hatch last weekend, we had a 2nd and a 1st in the urs classic ff2000 championship..still room for improvment thou.if anyone has any parts or cars they would like to sell me for the jm14 please contact me.. or even pics are useful.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3067029)   #8
Glenn Bator
Rookie

Glenn Bator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argo JM14

Hello everyone,

I believe I own that car if you are still interested. I had it shipped over here to the US about three years ago along with the body moldes. The motor was pulled along with the trans before I got it. I have recently acquired a motor but am still looking for a Hewland Mk9 trans. The car is patiently awaiting its turn in line for a total resto as my Swift FA and Royale RP39 are first in line. The Royale and Argo is the same car. If you would like to corrospond, please drop me an e-mail at batorintl@aol.com