Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3737070)   #76
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Lance Stroll resembles Pedro Diniz in terms of talent?Without dad's money would he be in a Williams and without a need for money,would they even consider him worthy with so many talented drivers hovering outside the Formula One circus?
Of course they wouldn't. Lance's supporters will point to the F3 title but he bought the best team and paid the other drivers to support him.

When it looked like the 3 year rule might be overturned, for Giovinazzi and Calderon, he even paid for Gio to do GP2 to get rid of him.
Old 29 May 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3737086)   #77
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And Hamilton had the cheek to criticise Ferrari and Vettel for doing exactly that! A tactic he himself has used numerous times in the past. This man really needs to grow up, and face up to his own mistakes. Oh! No of course, it was all the fault of the car ... silly me.
Just a bit of mind games, nothing more.
Old 29 May 2017, 11:03 (Ref:3737097)   #78
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Only children play games.
Old 29 May 2017, 11:03 (Ref:3737098)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And that includes just about every F1 driver over the last 20 years or more......
Old 29 May 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3737099)   #80
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the way Mercedes always massage his ego with the 'can't understand what is wrong with the set up....' Bottas has an identical car and both sides of the garage have access to all the data, but when Lewis can't hack it, it is the same old story.

Why can't he just admit to having a bad day now and then.

Great driver, poor excuse for a man.
Old 29 May 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3737104)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm beginning to think you have a complex.......
Old 29 May 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3737108)   #82
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I noticed when one of the Haas missed the chicane on the first lap, DC referred to it as a Williams. I don't blame him, since they got rid of the red, they now look like Williams pre-Martini livery
Old 29 May 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3737121)   #83
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
One needs a mind for that .........................
Old 29 May 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3737122)   #84
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm beginning to think you have a complex.......
It's far more convoluted than a mere complex.
Old 29 May 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3737131)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guessed as much.......
Old 29 May 2017, 14:13 (Ref:3737135)   #86
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Kimi was had over - end of
Isn't it customary for the lead team car to pit first? And it seemed like normal across the field. Verstappen was ahead of ricciardo and came out behind after pitting first too. Just seems like the strategy played out in favor of staying out longer this race, which wasn't necessarily intended.
Old 29 May 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3737137)   #87
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Lance Stroll resembles Pedro Diniz in terms of talent?Without dad's money would he be in a Williams and without a need for money,would they even consider him worthy with so many talented drivers hovering outside the Formula One circus?
Has there ever been a more pathetic and sad (in more than one way) radio transmission than when stroll said to his team "please help me"? Does he even want to be there, or is daddy pushing him into it for his own satisfaction?
Old 29 May 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3737142)   #88
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis plays plenty of mind games. The problem is nobody else is playing the game and he ends up working himself up into a mess.
Old 29 May 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3737150)   #89
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mind games or a form of self motivation/self validation?

over the past few seasons we have seen him work himself up, set himself apart from his team, play the role of underdog etc and we have seen him overcome bigger points deficits.

i get that this approach does not endear him to many here but its clearly an approach that works for him.
Old 29 May 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3737185)   #90
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Has there ever been a more pathetic and sad (in more than one way) radio transmission than when stroll said to his team "please help me"? Does he even want to be there, or is daddy pushing him into it for his own satisfaction?
He thinks he wants to be there but has no idea what that actually means perhaps
Old 29 May 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3737187)   #91
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
mind games or a form of self motivation/self validation?

over the past few seasons we have seen him work himself up, set himself apart from his team, play the role of underdog etc and we have seen him overcome bigger points deficits.

i get that this approach does not endear him to many here but its clearly an approach that works for him.
I'm not sure it does help him. He's a quick driver that can turn these things round despite himself. Fortunately when he gets a whiff of good it enthuses him and we see the best of him. Until he gets out of the car and then we can get a Mansell again
Old 29 May 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3737193)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Until he gets out of the car and then we can get a Mansell again
No, he'll never get the hang of that accent........
Old 29 May 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3737198)   #93
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mansell's American accent was rubbish too.
Old 29 May 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3737203)   #94
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, he'll never get the hang of that accent........
Perhaps he could grow a moustache instead.
Old 29 May 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3737204)   #95
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Earnings and tats are the modern equivalent of flat caps and moustaches.
Old 29 May 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3737214)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Phew, I'm glad I'm getting old then... I'm not swapping my 'tache for a tattoo...... If I put my old Dad's flat cap on when I next do the lottery, will that help, d'you think?
Old 29 May 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3737237)   #97
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You can die your hair blue and wear a tutu if you can drive...
Old 29 May 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3737254)   #98
RWill2073
Veteran

Speaking of hamilton, was he texting on his phone during the post race interview with will Buxton? Sure looked like it at least.
Old 30 May 2017, 06:27 (Ref:3737297)   #99
bauble
Veteran

England
'Tache, tattoo, and tutu ..................... Surely there is only one driver who might manage that combination?

Mind you I can almost imagine Ace .................
Old 30 May 2017, 10:02 (Ref:3737329)   #100
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Got to say, I like the look of the new HAAS livery.