Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jun 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3739372)   #126
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
5 in fact
Old 7 Jun 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3739373)   #127
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
5 in fact
And all of them about 4 inches across...

Look up moving the goalposts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jun 2017, 03:34 (Ref:3739386)   #128
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And all of them about 4 inches across...
I reckon there may be some blokes on here that wish 4 inches was that big...
Old 8 Jun 2017, 03:40 (Ref:3739387)   #129
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I reckon there may be some blokes on here that wish 4 inches was that big...
Yes... Alternative Measurements.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3739389)   #130
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one on the airbox would be close to 10.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3739391)   #131
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
The one on the airbox would be close to 10.
yeah it is massive, it is like poster-size, if you live in a doll's house.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3739394)   #132
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yeah it is massive, it is like poster-size.
And sitting on the airbox, one of the two prime sponsor points on the car, and in a prime area on the nose

Keep pushing your barrow though
Old 8 Jun 2017, 06:03 (Ref:3739396)   #133
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
And sitting on the airbox, one of the two prime sponsor points on the car, and in a prime area on the nose

Keep pushing your barrow though
its by no means prime in the linked photo, doesnt even stand out. PAYCE and Wilson on the other hand are clear

Might be an issue bit the brand creater of supercars to come up with a better brand

no where on that car (in the photo) does it say Supercars
Old 8 Jun 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3739411)   #134
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
its by no means prime in the linked photo, doesnt even stand out. PAYCE and Wilson on the other hand are clear

Might be an issue bit the brand creater of supercars to come up with a better brand

no where on that car (in the photo) does it say Supercars
I think you might be missing the point here.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3739412)   #135
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I think you might be missing the point here.
actually im not, there is no supercars logo on that vehicle.

There is however a super 5000 logo, which it leans on the intellectual property of supercars, The intellectual property reference is well recorded from the link in the very first post in this thread
Old 8 Jun 2017, 08:15 (Ref:3739425)   #136
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
actually im not, there is no supercars logo on that vehicle.
?????? Surely the stylized S is the logo of the Supercars "empire" as you see prior to each Too frequent ad break on TV, the subscript whether it be Superutes, supercars, Super5000 is merely a descriptor of which of the Warblers categories they are referring to.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3739426)   #137
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
?????? Surely the stylized S is the logo of the Supercars "empire" as you see prior to each Too frequent ad break on TV, the subscript whether it be Superutes, supercars, Super5000 is merely a descriptor of which of the Warblers categories they are referring to.
agreed, intellectual property. if it goes ahead then supercars are category manager. and thats if. Got too get enough interest yet
Old 8 Jun 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3739490)   #138
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
there is no supercars logo on that vehicle.
There is a Supercars logo on the steering wheel screen.

Old 8 Jun 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3739550)   #139
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
There is a Supercars logo on the steering wheel screen.

Motec one too, do they have some sort of say/ownership
Old 8 Jun 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3739563)   #140
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Motec one too, do they have some sort of say/ownership
I am trying to understand Peckstar - you said there were no Supercars logo's.

It has been proven there are with visual evidence - where is the mis understanding?

Not sure where Motec (a supplier) comes into it the conversation here.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 23:36 (Ref:3739565)   #141
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can i just comment on the god awful steering wheel design and the fact they have an awful cut out to give view of the SLM on the tub behind? Why not put the SLM on the steering wheel....
Old 8 Jun 2017, 23:54 (Ref:3739567)   #142
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I am trying to understand Peckstar - you said there were no Supercars logo's.

It has been proven there are with visual evidence - where is the mis understanding?

Not sure where Motec (a supplier) comes into it the conversation here.
Ok i apologies, clearly there is a small one inch high logo on the steering wheel on a video display in a photo that we were not discusing. I look forward to observing that logo whip by me as i watch and being able to see it . Not!

As the category manager and intellectual property supplier, it sits alongside Motec as a supplier.

Last edited by peckstar; 9 Jun 2017 at 00:06.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 02:02 (Ref:3739585)   #143
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
As the category manager and intellectual property supplier, it sits alongside Motec as a supplier.
I think this is actually a fair summation, given this vehicle has Supercar DNA in it.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 03:26 (Ref:3739588)   #144
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know it has been pointed out but for goodness sake, there is a Supercars logo on the airbox cover.

I can be as stubborn as the next person, but to say there are no Supercar logos on the car is frankly beyond belief.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 04:20 (Ref:3739589)   #145
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I know it has been pointed out but for goodness sake, there is a Supercars logo on the airbox cover.

I can be as stubborn as the next person, but to say there are no Supercar logos on the car is frankly beyond belief.
It's the Supercars "S," yes, but beneath it, it quite clearly says "Super5000," effectively making it a Super5000 logo in the same way as the S refers to the Super2 Series.

Ultimately, though, this is a pointless argument as the people pointing to it as evidence that it's presence means the series is entirely the brainchild of Supercars is complete bunk. If the presence of a logo meant that the organization had actual control of something, then every single race team would be run entirely by their sponsors, not the team itself.

All the presence of the Supercars derived logo means is that Supercars is involved in some way. It does not mean that it was their idea, or that they're controlling anything about it.

Assume what you want about the behind the scenes matters, but acting like the logo is proof that this is entirely a Supercars project is nothing more than confirmation bias at work.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3739591)   #146
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Perhaps instead of allowing the usual suspect to derail and cause loss of interest in this thread it would be better to look at what the inclusion of whichever of these plans is strongest would do for Supercar race meets. Whatever Logo is displayed!!

Personally I would get off my tail and travel the 5 or 6km to a Surfers meet to watch fast, loud, slicks and wings open-wheel racecars again. Would probably even apply for liberty to go to the Paperclip.

Now that's something I haven't done for years.

There is a prospective, if mainly geriatric, audience who, like me, would make the effort to see that sort of racing live. And by taking our grandkids who tend to like that sort of thing we might even give motor racing a future.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 05:13 (Ref:3739597)   #147
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Perhaps instead of allowing the usual suspect to derail and cause loss of interest in this thread it would be better to look at what the inclusion of whichever of these plans is strongest would do for Supercar race meets. Whatever Logo is displayed!!

Personally I would get off my tail and travel the 5 or 6km to a Surfers meet to watch fast, loud, slicks and wings open-wheel racecars again. Would probably even apply for liberty to go to the Paperclip.

Now that's something I haven't done for years.

There is a prospective, if mainly geriatric, audience who, like me, would make the effort to see that sort of racing live. And by taking our grandkids who tend to like that sort of thing we might even give motor racing a future.
There's no doubt it'll garner the interest of fans at events. However my only quarrel with it was they should've collaborated at the least with Chris and FT5000 but I'll still watch it as it's a good looking concept nonetheless
Old 9 Jun 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3739599)   #148
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
The only people ruining this thread are the ones that can't let go of their agenda even though it is inconveniently devoid of any supporting facts.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3739628)   #149
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
The only people ruining this thread are the ones that can't let go of their agenda even though it is inconveniently devoid of any supporting facts.
Apart from the promotion, use of Supercars drivers, the branding and owning the intellectual property / rights to the category.

Nah no evidence or fact in the above.

Now who has the agenda?
Old 9 Jun 2017, 09:27 (Ref:3739642)   #150
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!

Doesn't appear to have a gear lever?....