Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Apr 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2866941)   #1
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington Historic Festival 30th April / 1st May

Entry list and timetable for the Donington Historic Festival are on the HSCC website, entries look very good looks like a must for anyone interested in historics. Should anyone want to volunteer either PM myself or Fay.

26 Group Cs, 27 F2s should be great around Donington.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2866970)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sounds brilliant, trouble is I'm @ Snetterton on Saturday & Mallory on the Sunday - oh bother.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2866979)   #3
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They even have cars from your youth Dave with a full grid of Pre War Sportscars.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2866985)   #4
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
They even have cars from your youth Dave with a full grid of Pre War Sportscars.
Is that the first or second Anglo-Boer?
Old 20 Apr 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2866992)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C'est tres Ha Ha
Old 21 Apr 2011, 16:03 (Ref:2867599)   #6
John_B
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rotherham
John_B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have mail Alan.
See you there if I can get back into the country from Scotland after the rally. lol
Old 2 May 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2872989)   #7
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to take this opportunity of thanking all the marshals for their efforts over the weekend. I know that both days were very long, but I know that the competitors certainly appreciated all our support.

Most posts were busy and it was a shame that we did not have more marshals that would have enabled us to possibly arrange some stand down periods.

Unfortunately with the various accidents over the weekend we were late finishing on both days and I am sorry about this but it was unavoidable

I look forward to seeing some of you at the HSCC meeting at Silverstone 14th and 15th May on the GP circuit. If you have not volunteered yet then please contact the office as I am out of the country for a week.

Best regards

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal - HSCC
Old 2 May 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2873044)   #8
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had a great day with a great crew on Sunday at McLeans, marred slightly by the small field for the final race. Having spent all day furiously working out big grid race orders and trying very hard not to just wave the blue flag at everyone, having a race with 9 starters lined up for 40 minutes was not quite the same challenge!

The Group C 1 hour race was epic. The Sauber had lapped every other car with about 10 minutes to go and carried on ploughing round at the same metronomic fast pace. Brilliant to watch.

Next year can it be a bit less windy? Having to juggle the green, yellow, white and red flags in quick succession while trying not to lift off down the hill was quite tricky... next time I think I'll pack an extra arm, just in case.

Here's to the injured parties from both days making a full recovery.
Old 2 May 2011, 18:58 (Ref:2873085)   #9
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks to Alf for looking after me on Saturday in the Assembly area so I survived the day - having not planned to work at all but helping out due to shortage of numbers. Great fun doing pit lane hooter on Sunday as well!

Best moments were during the Group C formation laps - Bill (as SC Observer) announcing they were honestly at full chat (in a 1.4L car), then looking out the window as they approached Coppice to see the Merc nearly rear-end the SC as it lost speed up the hill and finally, as SC was (fortunately) well left to come into the pitlane - watching it being overtaken by almost the entire field!!!!
Old 2 May 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2873091)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The Group C 1 hour race was epic.
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!.......i rarely get a tear in my eye when watching racing, but the sight of that sauber followed by the spice and 3 silk cut jags did it for me......i never got to see these cars in their prime, but watching them flying around donington on sunday really gave me a sense of what they were like....

...i remember reading up on these cars when i was a kid and always wished i could see them race against eachother....never thought id actually see it one day!

BRILLIANT!
Old 2 May 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2873112)   #11
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
i never got to see these cars in their prime, but watching them flying around donington on sunday really gave me a sense of what they were like....
You know you're getting old when you remember them first time round
Old 2 May 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2873114)   #12
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic day up at post 19. As all previous people have said, the sight and sound of the Group C race was fantastic. Add this to 4 BMW CSL Batmobiles in practice (only 1 made it to the race) and a massive field of Lotus Cortinas made it a great day.

I was the first marshal out to the injured driver, at Coppice out, in the Formula Junior race on Sunday, does anyone have any update on him?

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 2 May 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2873115)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
You know you're getting old when you remember them first time round
Ah, but you can't be that old if you can still remember them.
Old 2 May 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2873116)   #14
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Mike Kelly - we joke about Bloxham but I think you have a bigger magnet.
Old 2 May 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2873117)   #15
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Ah, but you can't be that old if you can still remember them.
I only remember some of the later ones - honest !
Old 2 May 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2873125)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, things may be changing.

At Cadwell - Easter weekend - I observed Jeff taking shots of the last race from the side of the Mountain. As he turned AWAY and was walking up the hill into the paddock area one of the cars spun off.

I was amazed.

Quickly looking around the only trackside signed-on photographer I could see was Eric Sawyer who had been standing next to Jeff for some minutes.

I wonder if 'the Power' has been transferred?

Old 2 May 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2873128)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some good news (a little):

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=97

Fingers crossed!
Old 2 May 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2873140)   #18
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Some good news (a little):

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=97

Fingers crossed!
thank fiddlesticks for that!...great news!...typical racing driver tho....wheres my car!
Old 2 May 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2873143)   #19
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oy, i resemble that remark!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!