Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Feb 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3207332)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Susie Wolff

Susie Wolff says her husband has forbidden her from racing at Le Mans???

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105618

What century are we living in?
Old 19 Feb 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3207336)   #2
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My flabber is well and truly gasted. What planet is he on? How out of touch can you be?
Old 19 Feb 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3207348)   #3
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too dangerous? And he's not the only one to think that way...
Old 19 Feb 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3207353)   #4
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well this is just a PR masterclass for the parties involved! I really hope this is just an unfortunately worded way of saying 'I am contractually obliged to drive Mercs, but there is no Le Mans eligible Merc.' Anything otherwise and I will have to hold a grudge against Toto and any programme he is ever affiliated with.
I guess it is a good thing my interest in F1 decreases exponentially on an annual basis for several years now.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3207354)   #5
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
She said this is in a German interview some months ago, Wolff thinks LMP1s are "insane" and "dangerous" and forbids her to drive such a car.

Since she's pretty much racing on his dime she has to listen to him as well.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3207371)   #6
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post
Well this is just a PR masterclass for the parties involved! I really hope this is just an unfortunately worded way of saying 'I am contractually obliged to drive Mercs, but there is no Le Mans eligible Merc.' Anything otherwise and I will have to hold a grudge against Toto and any programme he is ever affiliated with.
I guess it is a good thing my interest in F1 decreases exponentially on an annual basis for several years now.
Well she's still third driver at Williams...
Old 19 Feb 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3207374)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it happens with guys too, you just don't hear about it because nobody thinks to highlight it. i swear it was one of the schumachers whose missus declared at least one kind of motorsport as verboten. likewise, rubens barrichello's wife banned him from doing indy till he talked her round.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3207378)   #8
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This coming from the man who destroyed a Land Motorsport 997 RSR while trying to set a lap record on the Nordschleife.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3207450)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought she was pregnant anyways???
Old 19 Feb 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3207457)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Her currfew is 8pm so she can make him dinner, so Le Mans would have never worked anyway.

I believe we have a germanic translation issue here which makes it sound harsh.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3207564)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
This coming from the man who destroyed a Land Motorsport 997 RSR while trying to set a lap record on the Nordschleife.
Yeah irony much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Her currfew is 8pm so she can make him dinner, so Le Mans would have never worked anyway.

Quote:
Yeah but lets have some fun with it anyway
Old 19 Feb 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3207566)   #12
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Toto Wolff... what a silly, silly man.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3207776)   #13
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Judging by her recent career, her husband has forbidden her from racing.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3207994)   #14
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Where does it say it was a translation? Susie is Scottish so if she spoke with Autosport it would have been in English.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3207997)   #15
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Where does it say it was a translation? Susie is Scottish so if she spoke with Autosport it would have been in English.
Unless of course her husband has forbidden that too.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3208035)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Judging by her recent career, her husband has forbidden her from racing.

I see what you did there!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 03:55 (Ref:3208227)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
My bad, I didn't know. In that case, I doubt either one of them has a clue what the other is saying.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 09:07 (Ref:3588057)   #18
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Susie just appeared on breakfast TV here to announce her retirement from the sport-seems to have accepted that no one is going to give her a race-a sad day I think
Old 4 Nov 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3588062)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Be interesting what she does now
Old 4 Nov 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3588067)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Be interesting what she does now
Mercedes brand ambassador I'd have thought?
Old 4 Nov 2015, 10:12 (Ref:3588074)   #21
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Susie just appeared on breakfast TV here to announce her retirement from the sport-seems to have accepted that no one is going to give her a race-a sad day I think
She made the mistake on chasing her F1 pipe dream instead of looking what's possible for her.

She didn't set the world on fire in DTM but I think she could have been a capable driver in Mercedes GT3' program but she seemed to want what she can't have.

Shame.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3588164)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
a sad day I think
Why?
Old 5 Nov 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3588311)   #23
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why?
would have liked to see her in GP2-no female ever entered there since it started?
Old 5 Nov 2015, 09:29 (Ref:3588315)   #24
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why?
Because it's not like we have many female race car drivers around, so seeing one of them quit isn't exactly great news.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3588414)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
would have liked to see her in GP2-no female ever entered there since it started?
At age 32 stepping down to GP2 not very likely.

Hoping Beitske Visser will move up to GP2.