Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jul 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3835064)   #1476
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That joke was all your vault, Iain.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jul 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3835077)   #1477
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'll have to stop in the pool and not use the sea at the moment !!Attachment 51551
What part of your anatomy is that Gordon?
Old 7 Jul 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3835122)   #1478
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
It’s been a long long night. . I forgot I posted that joke . Well done Gaza’s
Old 7 Jul 2018, 07:22 (Ref:3835128)   #1479
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
It’s been a long long night. . I forgot I posted that joke . Well done Gaza’s
I didn't find it finny at all.*

* Que many fishy additions.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3835684)   #1480
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
What part of your anatomy is that Gordon?
Right forearm
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jul 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3835685)   #1481
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I just love Spain it just reminds me of my youth, and I didn't have to buy a disguise to look the part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIjhfVCiHac
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jul 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3835689)   #1482
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I heard about those strange individuals called hippies in the 60s, but thank goodness we managed to escape their tentacles in racing circles. The only person I can remember to be anything hippy-like back then would have been James Hunt, until he got on to the track that is.

Mind you, I often wondered what he was actually smoking back then, and whether that might have had some bearing on some of his manoeuvres on track!
Old 9 Jul 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3835704)   #1483
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Right forearm
That is a relief Gordon, I could not work out if it was an arm, a leg or ………….well never mind it was only your forearm. Phew!
Old 9 Jul 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3835708)   #1484
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I heard about those strange individuals called hippies in the 60s, but thank goodness we managed to escape their tentacles in racing circles. The only person I can remember to be anything hippy-like back then would have been James Hunt, until he got on to the track that is.

Mind you, I often wondered what he was actually smoking back then, and whether that might have had some bearing on some of his manoeuvres on track!
Mike I can assure you that I am not "strange" (others may have a different view) and have never smoked in my life.
However I have always been a "laid back" person and have never panicked over anything and that certainly helped in my racing career.
Incidentally I have done a fair bit of cave diving in my time (topical at this moment) and the last thing you want to be is of a nervous disposition.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3835709)   #1485
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
That is a relief Gordon, I could not work out if it was an arm, a leg or ………….well never mind it was only your forearm. Phew!
I know, I know the old ones are the best, just take something for the pain and leave the swelling
Old 9 Jul 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3835755)   #1486
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

Very upset Mike . I was a bit of a hippy as the girls were much more errrr nice . Happy days . I just don’t understand why they are not attracted to me know . Ah it’s the spellinggggg
Old 10 Jul 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3835822)   #1487
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Apologies, Grant, if I appeared somewhat distant (or even rude) last night at Donington. It wasn't until you had driven off towards Redgate that I realised who had been talking to me! I was slightly distracted and hadn't expected to see you there, so, out of context somewhat! If I had realised I would have been a bit more chatty!

A good evening, none the less. Hope you have some good pictures
Andy
Old 10 Jul 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3835831)   #1488
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Being a bit cheeky here..........got a well-earned weekend off over the Silverstone Classic and thought MiniMM and I would go up on the Saturday......but the tickets work out at the cost of a set of tyres for him and I know where our priorities lie! Anyone got any "spare"? ;-)

I was planning on rolling The Boy up and sticking him in the boot of the car out of sight if needed - but he's driving and I don't think I can get into his RX8 like that Although maybe if we took my lorry instead we could find the cost of the tickets from the fuel saving.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3835841)   #1489
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Apologies, Grant, if I appeared somewhat distant (or even rude) last night at Donington. It wasn't until you had driven off towards Redgate that I realised who had been talking to me! I was slightly distracted and hadn't expected to see you there, so, out of context somewhat! If I had realised I would have been a bit more chatty!

A good evening, none the less. Hope you have some good pictures
Andy

Hi Andy,

No problem. There was no reason you would make a connection on my drive-by as I headed for the outside of Coppice before the event really got started! And I could see you were busy so it was a less than perfect time to stop for a chat.

Likewise on the way back in as you were packing up.

I took far more shots than I intended so I'm going to be ploughing through them for a while but I should have something interesting for you when done.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3835848)   #1490
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hi Andy,

No problem. There was no reason you would make a connection on my drive-by as I headed for the outside of Coppice before the event really got started! And I could see you were busy so it was a less than perfect time to stop for a chat.

Likewise on the way back in as you were packing up.

I took far more shots than I intended so I'm going to be ploughing through them for a while but I should have something interesting for you when done.
Cheers Grant, there were a few "opposite lock moments" at Redgate; one ,"Damn, I braked much too late at Coppice" and one "*&$%"! that sausage kerb at the chicane is really fierce, hope I haven't damaged the sump" moment at the chicane!
Old 10 Jul 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3835875)   #1491
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Rushed out after hearing a lot of aircraft noise- looked like the Typhoons from Conningsby on their way to Buck House.... Impressive!
Old 10 Jul 2018, 12:22 (Ref:3835878)   #1492
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Being a bit cheeky here..........got a well-earned weekend off over the Silverstone Classic and thought MiniMM and I would go up on the Saturday......but the tickets work out at the cost of a set of tyres for him and I know where our priorities lie! Anyone got any "spare"? ;-)

I was planning on rolling The Boy up and sticking him in the boot of the car out of sight if needed - but he's driving and I don't think I can get into his RX8 like that Although maybe if we took my lorry instead we could find the cost of the tickets from the fuel saving.
Call me.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3835883)   #1493
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Call me.
Great song:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E2EoqW-tkcg
Old 10 Jul 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3835893)   #1494
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Cheers Grant, there were a few "opposite lock moments" at Redgate; one ,"Damn, I braked much too late at Coppice" and one "*&$%"! that sausage kerb at the chicane is really fierce, hope I haven't damaged the sump" moment at the chicane!

I think I may have half seen the Coppice action. Well recovered I thought.

Usually it's a bit more active than it was last night, though to be fair track day sessions tend to have fewer gravel visitors than race days. The Caterfield like device that managed a rather elegant shedding of its front left into Coppice didn't make it as far as the gravel, although its wheel did. All studs seemed to be present so perhaps the nuts came undone under braking.

There was a V8 BMW that seemed keen on power oversteer - as near as you could get to drifting really - that seemed intent on having an incident but so far as I know managed to avoid one.

Sadly Redgate is hopeless as a photography location these days unless trackside. Or on the infield in the morning when the sun is better located. Nasty "industrial" backdrop though. I even tried snapping it from the new grandstand a couple of weeks back but didn't think much of the results. I got the height to see over the fence but the distance was too great. Maybe if I spent about £17k on a modern long lens and a new camera body there might be something good to capture. Difficult to justify, sadly.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3836061)   #1495
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Weller/The Style Council 'Call Me' was much better Andy!!
Old 13 Jul 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3836520)   #1496
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You couldn't make it up.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-44819316

No jokes about Kings Lynn, please!
Old 13 Jul 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3836547)   #1497
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You couldn't make it up.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-44819316

A friend from Wymondham sent me the same story this morning; also with 'you couldn't make it up'.

My brother from King's Lynn is over here at the moment, so it wasn't him!
Old 13 Jul 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3836555)   #1498
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Being a motor mechanic we obviously do things like this but not on public roads ! the hardest part of driving like that is operating the clutch because you have no backrest and have to hang onto the steering wheel so a pair of mole grips would make it a bit harder

It doesn't state the guys name but I doubt it would be Smith/Jones/ or even Bell
Old 13 Jul 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3836559)   #1499
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I wonder if he was wearing a seat belt ! and yes I have done the same type of thing but only around the garage.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3836567)   #1500
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I hope we eventually hear the full story behind this escapade.
Closed Thread