Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Oct 2006, 06:17 (Ref:1734765)   #51
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The only steer I'll give you is that any talk of an R10 is way (even waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!) off base.

Particulalrly since Shorty has said he's announcing his choice om Thursday and Audi haven't announced anything on their intentions yet (usually the Essen Motor Show is the venue for that).
Old 11 Oct 2006, 07:32 (Ref:1734789)   #52
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Nothing wrong at all with that but my guess is that there's a bloke in St Ives having a quiet chuckle at some of the suggestions here!
Hopefully, Graham, that same bloke will also be wearing a very contented smile when he considers how much (very positive) interest this has generated. I don't think anyone has expressed the view that he (and Deutsche Bank) is making a wrong decision to return to the 'top class'. Whatever jalopy it turns out to be, I think we're all very happy to see him back in LMP1!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1734819)   #53
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Absolutely - The answer will be out there by tomorrow and of course it's very nice to see speculation on the basis of a sure-fire 2007 entry
Old 11 Oct 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1734935)   #54
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Why was the Audi Sport UK support not enough? They were able to run a full LMS 2-car program along with Sebring and LeMans in 2004. That's quite an undertaking in terms of budget. Veloqx is not around any longer because they did not have a car to race. Sam Li wanted manufacturer support. Why Audi Sport UK dropped out I can only guess. An LMS run in 2005 meant heavily restricted R8s. ORECA went ahead with it, but Veloqx and Audi Sport UK did not.
Veloqx dropped out IMO because Mr Li did not wish to pour more cash into the programme without greater manufacturer support. Mr Li, I believe , owned one of the chassis outright and could have run in 2005 but his operating costs were too high without cash from Audi. Interestingly, ORECA (who do not own a car) were apparently able to run an R8 on, comparatively, a low budget and were helped (by Audi Sport UK I presume) with the supply of Mr McNish as a driver.

I suppose what I should have said is that Audi Sport UK's support was not enough compared to Sam Li's expectations given Veloqx's operating costs. It all comes down to the same thing: Mr Li had to put too much of his own money in 2004 and was not willing to do the same in 2005.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1734938)   #55
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Aerodynamic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still think Zytek here
Old 11 Oct 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1734939)   #56
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Nothing wrong at all with that but my guess is that there's a bloke in St Ives having a quiet chuckle at some of the suggestions here!
I can see Rollcentre from my office window, but cannot hear any chuckling.....

I keep looking up the driveway when I pass by, but haven't seen anything interesting yet....

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1734945)   #57
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH
I can see Rollcentre from my office window, but cannot hear any chuckling.....

I keep looking up the driveway when I pass by, but haven't seen anything interesting yet....

James
Stop looking out of the window and walk right in there, James............
Old 11 Oct 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1734946)   #58
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Aerodynamic]Still think Zytek here[T/QUOTE]

Apparently, he did look at the DBA when John Nielsen was selling it but opted for the pair of Dallaras so it is a possibility. The only problem with that is, after having to deal with 'new car' issues (waiting, crash tests etc etc) on the Radical, I doubt that he would like to go through the same again. I would still bet on a Lola (with a Judd engine) as it is ready to go.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1734984)   #59
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Stop looking out of the window and walk right in there, James............
I wouldn't waste your time, he's not there...
Old 11 Oct 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1735015)   #60
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quick - lets start a thread - Where's Shorty!!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1735027)   #61
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
He is in Japan signing a deal with Nissan. At least that is my guess Or in France signing a deal with Henri Pescarolo.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1735029)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Paris?
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1735032)   #63
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt he is at the hairdresser's.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1735041)   #64
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He might not have gone far.... For those unaware of the geography of the Huntingdonshire area, the Lola factory is only 3 or 4 miles from Rollcentre's place.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1735048)   #65
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Radical are not too far away either....
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1735050)   #66
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
Of course, he could just be stuck in the 18 mile queue we had on the A14 yesterday.....
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:45 (Ref:1735070)   #67
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouterM
I doubt he is at the hairdresser's.

Brilliant!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1735081)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic
I'd put my money on a Pesca chassis with a factory Nissan engine.....
This is based on little, but I'd go with Henri's chassis, but not the Nissan (despite previous associations).

We'll see. It sounds promising though.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1735086)   #69
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Sam Li is estimated to have dumped between £5m-8m into the R8 project for one year so the Audi UK support was clearly not enough...and Veloqx are no longer around.

I find the higher estimate very hard to believe.

Didn't Oreca run there car for a couple of miilion, at most?
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1735142)   #70
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
full factory backed nissan coupe. totally new car. thats my guess. it'll be wrong but guessing is fun!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1735149)   #71
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with the coupe, but i'm going with a Radical LMP1. New Judd engine perhaps... just a guess...

pit
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1735151)   #72
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper
i agree with the coupe, but i'm going with a Radical LMP1. New Judd engine perhaps... just a guess...

pit
If it was going to be a Radical then a simple swap of cars would have made more sense, especially because one of them has not even left the factory. A closed car would make the most sense for the sponsors as it would automatically mean more exposure. I know my trigger-finger is very anxiously awaiting the Peugeot's debut for that reason.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1735162)   #73
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...but you'd be competing with "HDi-FAP" - which just sounds toilet
Old 11 Oct 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1735168)   #74
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldgate
...but you'd be competing with "HDi-FAP" - which just sounds toilet
Well Shorty's possible coupe would then be the only fine looking and sounding prototype on the grid. All the more reason to venture into that direction.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1735174)   #75
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Porsche RS Spyders as LMP1.

Well why not if everything else can be upgraded from LMP2 to LMP1. For what its worth I think Shorty has had a disapointing year with Radical and is looking for something that is fast and reliable. Like others have pointed out he has Deutsche Bank sponsorship and perhaps some back door chatting has produced results.

Roll on Thursday.

Nick