Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Nov 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2984192)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Testing dates for 2012 confirmed

Additional in season testing at Mugello. Bahrain is no longer down as a test venue. There should have been 3 tests in Spain followed by the Bahrain test.

The 2012 Formula 1 testing calendar is as follows:

Jerez 7-10 February
Barcelona (1) 21-24 February
Barcelona (2) 1-4 March
Mugello 1-3 May

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...test-for-2012/
Old 11 Nov 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2984294)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So there's roughly 1 extra venue (that'll please Maranello!) and 4 extra days overall or so?

Bahrain off must mean that there'll be no race in 2012 either.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2984299)   #3
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
8 days of pounding around Barcelona...

I literially cannot wait for the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix now. What a nail biter.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 11:08 (Ref:2984304)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
8 days of pounding around Barcelona...

I literially cannot wait for the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix now. What a nail biter.
Why on earth didn't they take some of the days off Barca and go to Portimao or Valencia or even one of the other Arab venues instead? (we know they don't like getting cold in the off season!)

By all means let them test a bit more but not endlessly at the same bloody circuit that also happens to have a GP!!!
Old 11 Nov 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2984326)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Why on earth didn't they take some of the days off Barca and go to Portimao or Valencia or even one of the other Arab venues instead? (we know they don't like getting cold in the off season!)

By all means let them test a bit more but not endlessly at the same bloody circuit that also happens to have a GP!!!
Money ? Politics ?
Old 12 Nov 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2984573)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Why don't they just do all of their testing at Paul Ricard, after all it's a test track aint it...

Is that just too easy?
Old 12 Nov 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2984578)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Easy is not for F1.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 00:37 (Ref:2984580)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
How silly of me, I forgot...
Old 12 Nov 2011, 01:38 (Ref:2984592)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Bernie might have to put Paul Ricard up for sale if things don't go to well for him in the near future.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2984594)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Bernie might have to put Paul Ricard up for sale if things don't go to well for him in the near future.
I don't think that will happen...
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2984599)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I don't think that will happen...
Me neither.

The problem with Paul Ricard is that at that time of year there's a strong possibility that it'll just rain all of the time.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:12 (Ref:2984601)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Ahhh There you are then. I am used to lots of sunshine here in Austin, it's easy to forget..

But if it could happen then that location would be perfect for them as we need real on track testing, it's gone from the sublime to the other end of the scale..

Look at that front wing on Felipe's car again this weekend, it's just rubbish without being able to test the parts at speed...
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:20 (Ref:2984606)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Ahhh There you are then. I am used to lots of sunshine here in Austin, it's easy to forget..
Quite.

I'm sure that most of the English based teams would just love to pop along the road to Silverstone for their testing, but you're lucky if it doesn't rain much there in July.

So something a little bit nearer to the equator, it has to be.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that the circuits already chosen are going to be of much help for dry weather tyre testing in February and March. They weren't much use this year.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:21 (Ref:2984607)   #14
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't they just test at permanent tracks after GPs? That is what MotoGP does and it seems unbelievably sensible...
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2984609)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

Look at that front wing on Felipe's car again this weekend, it's just rubbish without being able to test the parts at speed...
You could argue that Red Bull, and others, have managed to get theirs sorted out without having to pound endlessly around a race track.

But yes, maybe just a bit more testing. Some say that the whole of Friday should be given up for testing ? Pros and cons to that. Some say they should test the day after each GP ? Pros and cons to that too.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2984610)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Okay so then back to Valencia..

Let's just go back to what we know works, compromise is in order..
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:28 (Ref:2984611)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
You could argue that Red Bull, and others, have managed to get theirs sorted out without having to pound endlessly around a race track.

But yes, maybe just a bit more testing. Some say that the whole of Friday should be given up for testing ? Pros and cons to that. Some say they should test the day after each GP ? Pros and cons to that too.
I think Friday is thought of as a testing day at the moment...

Why when I hear the name Red Bull does it rub me the wrong way ??
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2984614)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well yes. But I meant from dawn 'til dusk, or whatever the local noise regulations allow.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2984615)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Well yes. But I meant from dawn 'til dusk, or whatever the local noise regulations allow.
I see okay then..
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2985877)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Why when I hear the name Red Bull does it rub me the wrong way ??
We've got past them just being an energy drinks company, haven't we?