Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2983739)   #1
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Schumacher Extends Mercedes Deal For 2013

Quote:
Michael Schumacher has extended his Mercedes deal for another season, the German weekly Sport Bild reports.

The 42-year-old's existing contract was set to run only until the end of next season, but Sport Bild said the seven-time World Champion is now staying at least until the end of 2013.

"There is no reason why Michael should not continue," said team boss Ross Brawn. "He's very valuable to the team and has not lost his edge."

Schumacher hinted that he is not yet ready to return to retirement.

"I have proved I can run in the races faster than my teammate Nico Rosberg; overall we are on the right track.
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...deal-for-2013/
Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2983744)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great deal for Schumi
Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2983757)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
"I have proved I can run in the races faster than my teammate Nico Rosberg; overall we are on the right track."

I'd say he has by no means proved that conclusively and it has taken an awful long time for him to be able to say it with at least some justification.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 00:24 (Ref:2983770)   #4
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will probably be his last year in F1.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2983771)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I heard that story other times, and it always had the same ending...
Old 11 Nov 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2984261)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Or maybe not?

Looks like the Rosberg announcement has been attributed to the wrong driver...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96059
Old 11 Nov 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2984327)   #7
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting news. However, will the Mercedes be competitive by then? I suspect Schumi would expect to be be challenging for wins by 2013.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2984416)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see him back for '13. He may have another race win in the pipeline and if that is going to happen, it will be a great day indeed.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2985852)   #9
kart_racer
Rookie

England
UK
kart_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'd like to see him back for '13. He may have another race win in the pipeline and if that is going to happen, it will be a great day indeed.

Hope so.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2985896)   #10
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lets see what next year's car is capable of. I really hope the Silver Arrows are fast next year, I always liked Rosberg- soft spoken kinda guy, but I wanna see Shumey do his thing as well. Show Vettel what he's about!
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:31 (Ref:2985908)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
"I have proved I can run in the races faster than my teammate Nico Rosberg; overall we are on the right track."

I'd say he has by no means proved that conclusively and it has taken an awful long time for him to be able to say it with at least some justification.
I think he's been watching different races to me. If he'd said "I have proved that I can have a few stonking laps at the start of a race having qualified way behind my teammate," I might have agreed with him.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 03:36 (Ref:2985987)   #12
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I think he's been watching different races to me. If he'd said "I have proved that I can have a few stonking laps at the start of a race having qualified way behind my teammate," I might have agreed with him.
But he's gone on to beat his team-mate a lot this season despite qualifying way behind him so its more than a few stonking laps...
In races that they've both finished Nico has finished ahead 7 times (including today) and Michael has finished ahead 6 times.
Michael has also recorded Mercedes' highest finish of the season (4th) and has been in 5th place more times (3) than Nico (2).
The real reason why Michael is behind on points isn't due to his pace, its due to his on-track incidents and retirements. For a start, he's not finished 5 races while Nico has only failed to finish two.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2986113)   #13
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I've had a little think about this. It seems that Merc are currently at a win-win with Schumi. He's basically getting the potential out of the car. But if you look where they are relative to other teams, it makes more sense. At the moment, the best they can expect is to split the Ferraris in the hope that weather, lucky tyre stratagies or safety cars give them a shot at a sneaky podium. In that case, just about any other driver wouldn't hit the headlines (ok, maybe Senna, or a tail end driver might). But if TBC got a podium, there would be a media frenzy out of all proportion to the acheivement. Brilliant for bringing home the sponsorhip and advertising bacon.
Conversely, if he does something daft, says something contraversial, has a bad day, it's not just a mid-field slugger doing it. It's a seven times champion doing something daft, being contravercial or having a bad day. Until either the car is a winner and he insn't or Nico regularly thrashes him, he's a very bankable asset to them.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2986121)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Indeed. You would have to say that if the driver of that particular Merc was a 'rookie', then they would be doing rather well. And that it's unlikely a driver form any other team would be doing the job any better in that car as it currently is.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2986130)   #15
kart_racer
Rookie

England
UK
kart_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Indeed. You would have to say that if the driver of that particular Merc was a 'rookie', then they would be doing rather well. And that it's unlikely a driver form any other team would be doing the job any better in that car as it currently is.
Agreed!