Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Oct 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2978232)   #26
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
Alonso also showing respect for both Dan & Marco.
I must have missed it, whats he done?
Old 28 Oct 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2978271)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
McLaren are four men down already. They issued special precautionary medical packs to important team members ahead of the event. These turned out to be the Engineers and Chief Mechanics together, presumably, with the drivers and team grandees.

Nothing was given to the guy who looks after all the spares and the guy who builds all the gearboxes. They are amongst the four laid low. Extreme 'flu, in isolation in their single rooms and feeling really, really bad.

Never tell me again that McLaren is a well-organised team. It was actually much better in the days of Dave Ryan and I suspect that Sam Michael will be kicking some butt when he arrives. I hope they give him scope to do so.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2978275)   #28
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are suffering the after effects of having been run by a megalomaniac control freak who wouldn't give anyone else any responsibility.

The only person I feel sorry for is Jenson.

And the guys suffering from whatever horrible 'flu virus they've got.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2978277)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's same thing that happened to team lotus at monaco - they were down on staff by quite a few on the saturday thanks to food poisoning. everyone mucks together, and on the plus side it's a really good demonstration of a real "team", not the overused powerphrase from offices and retail.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2978311)   #30
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just seen the poverty some farmers have been forced in to by this new track on the news, and you've gotta think that if the sport had any sort of morals, we wouldn't be racing here. It absolutely stinks to high heaven.

And Vijay Mallya? What an absolutely vile, poor excuse for a man he is. Any respect I had for Force India has now gone. Anyone who heard what he said on the news whilst wearing his diamond earing would agree with me. Absolutely dispicable.

The displaced farmer on the news who now can't afford to give his children an education wishes F1 never came to India. I'm of the same mind.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2978327)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't tell if it is bad or not. There are suggestions that F1 has caused more famine than God. There are also suggestions that the problem is away from the area where the track was built and people see a chance for publicity.

Either way journalists see a good story and I can't tell what is really going on.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2978341)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Nothing was given to the guy who looks after all the spares and the guy who builds all the gearboxes. They are amongst the four laid low. Extreme 'flu, in isolation in their single rooms and feeling really, really bad.
I'm really sorry for them, best wishes.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2978366)   #33
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Just seen the poverty some farmers have been forced in to by this new track on the news, and you've gotta think that if the sport had any sort of morals, we wouldn't be racing here. It absolutely stinks to high heaven.

And Vijay Mallya? What an absolutely vile, poor excuse for a man he is. Any respect I had for Force India has now gone. Anyone who heard what he said on the news whilst wearing his diamond earing would agree with me. Absolutely dispicable.

The displaced farmer on the news who now can't afford to give his children an education wishes F1 never came to India. I'm of the same mind.
Agreed, it's just wrong, so many other tracks that could be used. Yet we go to India and destroy a few peoples lives.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2978388)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Just playing devils advocate here, but whilst unfortunate for some of the farmers, maybe many more will gain from it?? (dog catchers for one!!)
Old 28 Oct 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2978390)   #35
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Just playing devils advocate here, but whilst unfortunate for some of the farmers, maybe many more will gain from it?? (dog catchers for one!!)
Yeah lets hope, although I must add the track is actually pretty cool.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2978392)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's all very awkward. because you know, there were never compulsory purchase orders at any point in the history of any of the european circuits. and none of them were ever underpaid for their land, were they?! beware the stone throwing when you don't know what your house is made of.

we already had all this discussion with bahrain though. it's pretty tired, and not really relevant to what's going on on the circuit and in the garages.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2978397)   #37
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anything been said about Massa's fluttery front wing?
Old 28 Oct 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2978409)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Anything been said about Massa's fluttery front wing?
I am not sure that was really something wasn't it , I thought he was going to take off, or the wing was going to just fall off...
Old 29 Oct 2011, 00:19 (Ref:2978419)   #39
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Listen you guys, as much as I sympathise we can's use this thread as a voice for what is wrong in the world, otherwise we will end up not talking about the racing, but instead the evils of the world we live in..

I thought this would come up as many people in India are very poor and we would have to be blind not to see this stuff..

Where should F1 go then? Monaco maybe and no where else...
Old 29 Oct 2011, 03:17 (Ref:2978444)   #40
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like a interesting track, though definitely tilk-ified. left hander into the home straight followed by a right hander at the end of the straight (though not a drastic) remind me of Malaysia and China as I watch it.

Shame about the smog, pretty horrendous and really distracts form the viewing. Hope they get a good crowd in on Sunday.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 05:45 (Ref:2978469)   #41
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
So how do you pronounce the name of the circuit then? Bud? Bewd? Buddah? Bewda?
Old 29 Oct 2011, 06:40 (Ref:2978480)   #42
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Vettel pulls out fastest lap at the end of Session 3 and does a 1:24.824, quickest so far this weekend. I'm guessing pole time will be in the 1:23's....
Old 29 Oct 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2978494)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks frostie; as good as ever.

The only thing is, that if someone said ten years ago there would be an Indian GP, I would have said it's something from a Monty Python sketch.

Just my take.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2978498)   #44
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Strewth,,the smog is bad....must be all those old Morris Oxfords they drive over there.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2978502)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Strewth,,the smog is bad....must be all those old Morris Oxfords they drive over there.
I'm watching the pre-amble, prior to qualifying and yes it is smoggy.

Makes LA look good on a bad day.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2978506)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I'm really sorry for them, best wishes.
Thanks Bon. Glad to say feeling better today. It was very bad. Pain in every joint, even finger knuckles, difficult to stand, let alone walk and sometimes having to go the door on hands and knees.. But feeling better, as I say.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2978508)   #47
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
This is the first qualifying session I've watched in months.

V. excited.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2978511)   #48
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its dustier than Bahrain! It must be like driving on a wet track in places.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2978518)   #49
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This track is very interesting, I have to admit I like it
Old 29 Oct 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2978525)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Finger Boy on pole.