Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Mar 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3218380)   #1
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My 2012 Le Mans Report

Gentlemen-

It's been a crazy past few months here in the States. I apologize it took me so long to finish this and that I haven't been around as much as I like. Thankfully, things are settling down a bit and I can focus on the important things like writing and racing.

For your reading pleasure, my 2012 24 Hours of Le Mans report:

http://robertblanshard.wordpress.com...eures-du-mans/

-Robert
Old 14 Mar 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3218387)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Very good reading, and the only downside is the comment about 2014, you will be missed in 2013. Take care and we will drink a toast to you at the 2013 meet for certain
Old 14 Mar 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3218440)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good Robert . As I said on Facebook.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3218504)   #4
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant report and pictures

makes it feel ever closer!
Old 14 Mar 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3218555)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Wonderful bit of rapportage - really enjoyed reading it - and indeed the rare appearance of non-dreadful photo of me, for which many thanks!

All this is tempered by the news you won't be at the race in June - you'll be much missed at the Saturday meet.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3218597)   #6
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a lot of reading, enjoyed it very much. great pictures I now know who is who. Thanks for sharing, my 24 looks a bit the same. Next time stay a little longer after the finish, walk on the strait, cheer and touch the finishline (that's my ritual), after that I go to the campsite and feel happy and said for I have to wait another whole year. See you in 2014.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3218711)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know how you managed to get it done so quickly...... I haven't........

Nice one!
Old 15 Mar 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3218793)   #8
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Glad he got a picture of my best side
Very nice read, thx!
Old 15 Mar 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3218800)   #9
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic Job !! My Respect !! And here is the Author from rhis work . http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemansf...in/photostream
Old 15 Mar 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3218884)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh dear clicked on the link and there is me and my hat centre stage and Robert is there aswell
Old 15 Mar 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3218907)   #11
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
I hope you have no Problem that you and your hat are in the centre .
Old 15 Mar 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3219034)   #12
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you all very much for the positive reviews. It was an amazing trip and it was a genuine pleasure experiencing it with you last June and again as I put my report. I'm sorry I won't be there in 3 months, but know that I'll be there in spirit and I'll probably be kicking myself when I turn on the TV that Saturday morning in June. Walter, thanks for the photo, I don't think I've seen that one of me, Simon, Eos and Nobby.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3219047)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, lots more to come Robert - at the rate I'm going, should be done by 2015......
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3219146)   #14
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Thank you all very much for the positive reviews. It was an amazing trip and it was a genuine pleasure experiencing it with you last June and again as I put my report. I'm sorry I won't be there in 3 months, but know that I'll be there in spirit and I'll probably be kicking myself when I turn on the TV that Saturday morning in June. Walter, thanks for the photo, I don't think I've seen that one of me, Simon, Eos and Nobby.
You win a lot of plaudits for reminding us that it's only three months until we're all there.

Fit in Sebring, Silverstone, and Spa, and the time will fly by...
Old 16 Mar 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3219247)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
13 weeks today until I leave..........
Old 16 Mar 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3219389)   #16
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent job Robert. It's a pleasure to read your comments and look to your real live videos. We feel as is we were in the place.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3219402)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Great Stuff .... thanks
Old 18 Mar 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3220866)   #18
Harryh87
Rookie

Harryh87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great read, thank you very much for taking time to write it.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3221024)   #19
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonderful text and images. I could watch that video of the cars coming down into Tertre Rouge all day.

What kit do you use? And is that spot on the outside of TR accessible to everyone?
Old 19 Mar 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3221266)   #20
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, a little bit late on parade......as usual!

Excellent read Robert, brought back some terrific memories....thank you and thank you!

Shall look forward to seeing you again in just 15 months........
Old 19 Mar 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3221336)   #21
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
Thanks Bentley, I'm glad you liked it. Sorry I won't be there, but I promise not to miss 2014.

Valdave - I use a Nikon D5100. For the race, I was using my prime 50mm f2.8 and my 55-300mm f4.5. The 55-300 isn't the best for nighttime shooting so that's the first lens I'll be upgrading in the near future. The spot I recorded the action through the esses is public. It's on the outside, before Tertre Rouge and near the tunnel that takes you under the track to get to the inside of the corner. That camera can shoot some amazing video - it's too bad I didn't change the settings and keep the auto-focus feature off until that video. My video of the start is horrible with the camera trying to keep the moving cars in focus at all times. Ugh, another photo/video lesson learned.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 04:47 (Ref:3222082)   #22
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Late on parade too excellent report & photos, likewise I'm having a sabbatical this year ..... unless that winning lottery ticket comes up. See you all in 2014.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3222704)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had a long train journey yesterday and it was great to take the time to read this and relive the race again. Thank you.

Didn't get chance to say hello last year during the Toyota visit but, as others have said, see you in '14.