Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jul 2012, 03:46 (Ref:3102224)   #1
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Government Funded Upgrade at Calder Park

In what can only be viewed as 'good for Motorsport' the Victorian State Government funds will go directly to Bob Jane. (not 'The Corporation)

(It's almost a replacement for the massive redundancy he never got from Rodney )

Which after paying for more pearls for Laree, and the ongoing repairs & running costs to little Bobby's race car, will probably leave stuff all money for the much needed work to be completed on the facility.

Seriously, this could be just the thing the Calder needs to ensure it's long term viability as a race venue, as it creates a 'noise permitted' buffer between the track & the encroaching neighbourhoods.

ANDRA Top Fuel is coming back, a CAMS permit has been issued, all we need now is a Sprint Cup round !

Discuss:

Quote:

A SHEEP paddock between the home of tyre king Bob Jane and his Calder Park drag racing circuit could hold the key to the future of Melbourne's trains.

But first the government will have to deal with the endangered growling grass frogs that live there.

Seventy hectares of farmland in Plumpton, on Melbourne's north-western fringe, have been earmarked by the government as the place for a stabling yard for its ''next generation trains''.

Mr Jane said he had agreed to the sale...

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/me...704-21hkm.html
Old 5 Jul 2012, 05:30 (Ref:3102238)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
all we need now is a Sprint Cup round !
and right at that point i wondered if anything you said was serious

In theory good for Calder Park.

Now we just need the thunderdome rebuilt
Old 5 Jul 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3102247)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And what a rebuild it will be.

The spectator areas are literally falling off the embankments.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 06:58 (Ref:3102256)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
And what a rebuild it will be.

The spectator areas are literally falling off the embankments.
i was thinking, they might start at ground level
Old 5 Jul 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3102282)   #5
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Seriously, this could be just the thing the Calder needs to ensure it's long term viability as a race venue, as it creates a 'noise permitted' buffer between the track & the encroaching neighbourhoods.
Word has it it would include a "Calder Park" station which would be useful for the local residents and take pressure off the overcrowded Watergardens station nearby if a decent Park & Ride car park was built out there as well.

If you read the actual article you'd think they need a noise buffer between the "dam" containing the growling frogs and the nearby residents.

Those Growling Frogs are the Western & Northern suburbs equivelent of the Orange Bellied Parrot in Gippsland
Old 5 Jul 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3102285)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Word has it it would include a "Calder Park" station which would be useful for the local residents and take pressure off the overcrowded Watergardens station nearby if a decent Park & Ride car park was built out there as well.

If you read the actual article you'd think they need a noise buffer between the "dam" containing the growling frogs and the nearby residents.

Those Growling Frogs are the Western & Northern suburbs equivelent of the Orange Bellied Parrot in Gippsland
I'm not sure the frogs can jump into the windmills

A station would be a good idea, its what the venue lacked, some genuine public transport to the area.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3102580)   #7
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I'm not sure the frogs can jump into the windmills

A station would be a good idea, its what the venue lacked, some genuine public transport to the area.
Pecky, I won't discount your comment, (as astoundingly, I agree ) but...

Can anyone comment about ever noticing great seething masses of people flooding from the trains at a V8 event at Sandown ?
Old 5 Jul 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3102607)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
As someone who has used the train to get to Sandown, i wouldnt use the words "great seething masses" but certainly a constant stream. The GP on the otehr hand i would use the words "great seething masses" and When the Cricket or AFL is on "great seething masses " is a good term

I also sat next to a guy and his kid once who had to leave 15 mins before the end of the 500 because he had to catch the train. I felt sad for him and his kid, was a great finish
Old 5 Jul 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3102614)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A station out that way would be a good thing, if of course, there was anything on at Calder that would justify the expense, i.e. something that would draw a decent crowd.

Moving the front gates away from the Calder Highway's edge might be something to consider, too.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 00:52 (Ref:3102651)   #10
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The station would be for the locals not the race tack (but a bonus for the track).

Eventually Calder Park Drive will get a freeway overpass and then the current track entrance off the freeway will have to utilise the "service road" already along the south side of the freeway to get in and out of the complex.

Bob also owns the land between Taylors Lakes and the Complex along the South side of the freeway that's been proposed to be an Industrial estate for years.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3102711)   #11
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But first the government will have to deal with the endangered growling grass frogs that live there.
oh, they have poisons that will get rid of those...