Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2002, 14:05 (Ref:240139)   #1
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Revival Sep 6/7/8

AT the launch for this year's Goodwood meetings the streets of Chelsea were briefly blocked for a magnificent cavalcade including Jenson Button in an ancient Renault and Stirling Moos driving Murray Walker in the MB SLR 722 - also there was Lord MArch in a 250LM Ferrai Dickie Attwood in one of Stuttgart's 917's and last year's Bentley Le MAns car

This year's meeting will include a race into the twilight on the saturday night for the first time for 50's sports cars

The ST Mary's trophy will only be for 50's saloons this year as a result of the excitement at the back of the field in last year's race - lurching Mk VII Jaguars and Ford Zephyr's will battle it out
Old 20 Mar 2002, 21:35 (Ref:240483)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the idea of the race into the twilight - although it's going to play Old Harry with my usual plan of doing Goodwood in three day-trips from London.

Wonder how they're squaring that with the usual society "bash" at Goodwood House?

I can understand the enthusiasm for pushing the fifties saloon cars, but by the same token, I will miss those lunatic Lotus Cortina battles, and the big Merc 300SE, and the Alfa 2600 which have been Goodwood regulars. Now, who's going to be the first brave soul to emulate Bill Blydenstein and Les Leston, and enter a Borgward Isabella TS?
Old 22 Mar 2002, 03:52 (Ref:241319)   #3
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about you tim??
Old 22 Mar 2002, 09:18 (Ref:241419)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two problems:

Money - lack of

and

No money

Apart from that, I'm all sorted!

Oh, and the small matter of no racing licence, and an innate mistrust of my own meagre abilities behind the wheel! You know how it is - as Murray Walker puts it, "those who can race, do. Those who can't, talk about it". I shall always be a chronicler of the exploits of better men than myself.
Old 10 Apr 2002, 02:00 (Ref:256094)   #5
bob schott
Rookie

bob schott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
borgwardracing@aol.com

Hi,I'm bobby and I believe I am the only one currently building a borgward isabella ts for vintage racing in the usa- are there any currently being raced in england or europe? any contacts would be helpful. you can reach me at borgwardracing@aol.com thanks to all bobby
Old 11 Apr 2002, 21:19 (Ref:257617)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I thought Goodwood would have had a curfew.. Already well looking forward to it having missed last year..

Where's the smell of Castrol R when you need it!!