Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: Rally Ads Racing24 SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 25-10 12:00 : V8 SUPERCARS RD 12 : GOLD COAST - RACE 1  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Sep 2012, 10:01   #136
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is her 1st race back in the USA after last year tragic crash so give her time.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 14:52   #137
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Saw it, seen worse. Pizzonia's first corner was a big accident from a pretty minor mistake.
Yep. The track is awfully dusty on the outside here. If you just go out of the racing line it's pretty much game over. Cipriani and Dudukalo(WTCC) both made very similar mistakes later in the afternoon, fortunately with less damage in the end.

But anyway, the first few corners are always very tricky at the start. Even in IndyCar, with the rolling starts, lap 1 pile-ups are quite common.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 17:13   #138
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's next for someone like Sirotkin?
He's obviously got talent, so doesn he jump up a level or stay and make sure he wins the title next year?
Old 23 Sep 2012, 17:51   #139
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
am i imagining it or do they have a new car next year? in which case, a year's experience in the current cars won't be much use and he may as well go and do something else. if it's the same car, going for the title seems like a smart move.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 18:16   #140
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes they do have a new car, I'd forgotten about that.
It'll test in December apparently http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102680
It is based on the current car, how much is carried over and how similar it is I'm not sure.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 18:26   #141
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
difficult one... i guess it depends what money they have available and whether they'd rather put him through a recognised set of series to prove his talent to the f1 bosses. at sirotkins age in particular it doesn't really matter does it? i guess it'd make sense to try and stay, as long as the opposition is decent.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 21:06   #142
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's Lukoil backed, isn't he? I'd guess that he'll be in F2 next year. And he really ought to win a championship like that.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 21:21   #143
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well he did Auto GP plus Italian F3 this year, combine those in cost and you are not far off a WSR budget
Old 23 Sep 2012, 21:57   #144
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Oxfordshire
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Wow. Pippa Mann was really tugging there. 5+ secs a lap slower than the leaders, every lap looked an adventure. Her neck is also looking very weak.

Come on Pippa. Chop chop!
Old 24 Sep 2012, 11:07   #145
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
well he did Auto GP plus Italian F3 this year, combine those in cost and you are not far off a WSR budget
Yeah if anything he would surely be headed there than F2. The Auto Gp cars are more poweful that the F2's aren't they so it would be like taking a step back?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 07:48   #146
racecontrol
Racer

European Union
racecontrol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, I believe F2 would be a step back... I don't agree in the choice of making both F3 and AutoGP... sometimes he also raced both in the same week-end I think.. I believe he is a strong driver and could have fight for the title in AutoGP
Old 25 Sep 2012, 09:24   #147
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has had 2.5 years of racing so far, but I guess he will want to be in FR3.5. I'm not sure how much his pace in AutoGP means, in F3 he wasn't as impressive as the top 3 there. I think a move into GP3 is better for him. Titles in AutoGP are hard to be judged, you see Ceccon was equally impressive and in GP3 he wasn't battling for the title. FR3.5 might be a bit too early for him, especially as he's still a teen
Old 25 Sep 2012, 11:11   #148
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I think this is her 1st race back in the USA after last year tragic crash so give her time.
In fact, this was her very first time in a racing car, since last year.

The original plan for 2012 was to do more IndyCar outings, but she never managed to gather the budget required, although she said she came close a few times.