Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3524465)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The disappearance of on-screen live data

Is it just me, or is there no longer any info displayed during races on gears / speed / throttle / brake traces?

I cant be sure if the 2014 season didn't have any, but I don't recall seeing any in either of the 2015 races...?
Old 6 Apr 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3524491)   #2
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is it just me, or is there no longer any info displayed during races on gears / speed / throttle / brake traces?

I cant be sure if the 2014 season didn't have any, but I don't recall seeing any in either of the 2015 races...?
I fell asleep during Malaysia because 1994 had more on screen timing data.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3524859)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I do remember hearing about some issues with the timing/data/graphics over the course of the weekend, but you do have to worry that this is lowest common denominator stuff, and 'appealing to the masses' and whatnot.

Selby
Old 7 Apr 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3524867)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
tell you what though, have you seen how much car data they put on screen during formula e races? now that's information overkill. so much information it's very hard to actually pick out the important stuff.
Old 7 Apr 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3524872)   #5
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
tell you what though, have you seen how much car data they put on screen during formula e races? now that's information overkill. so much information it's very hard to actually pick out the important stuff.
I like it, just takes time to figure out.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 02:31 (Ref:3525260)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
I agree. It's a little too much.

Selby
Old 9 Apr 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3525450)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Bernie trying to get us all to pay for the new subscription service.

It's not just the technical information on the cars that's missing, even basic info like the current standings, lap times, and gaps seem like they're on screen much less this year. During FP1 in Australia there were hardly any times shown at all.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3525882)   #8
qwertyuiop
Rookie

United Kingdom
herts
qwertyuiop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer the less cluttered screen.
Formula E is terrible, I want to watch the cars clearly not through some graphics designed by a nine year old with a new toy.
A clear screen and good commentator is heaven.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 23:29 (Ref:3525922)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Old 12 Apr 2015, 09:02 (Ref:3526373)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
More no live screen data today, no gear information, no speed information, no brake or throttle trace information.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3526381)   #11
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
More no live screen data today, no gear information, no speed information, no brake or throttle trace information.

I assume you were watching the race on sky so I assume you are paying a premium price for a 'premium ' service. At that I would be making contact with Mr Murdock and co. asking where that service has gone and will it be coming back.

For those on FTA well its slightly differernt.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3526492)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I assume you were watching the race on sky so I assume you are paying a premium price for a 'premium ' service. At that I would be making contact with Mr Murdock and co. asking where that service has gone and will it be coming back.

For those on FTA well its slightly differernt.
As far as I know, it should be the same "world feed" that every channel gets. Sky only ever does some split screen stuff, but its the exact same feed that the BBC gets for instance and neither Sky nor the BBC footage has the data.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 12:33 (Ref:3526496)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They had a DRS graph at one point there.