Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jun 2015, 08:00 (Ref:3550634)   #451
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Sponsor realignment for Darwin..

Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Jun 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3550717)   #452
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Shame we'll probably never see the car in full Repsol livery that'd be a sight to see....
Old 15 Jun 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3550920)   #453
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Erebus exists in stark contrast to someone like BJR. Obviously the 2 are totally different in philosophy and ultimate goal, and I am sure where Erebus is now isn't what Betty planned when she spent all that money developing this package.
Don't all race teams have the same ultimate goal? The methods and the wherewithal differ, but they're all there to go as fast as resource allows...

BJR have what they have and they do a great job with what they've got.
Erebus started with a hell of a lot more, added a hell of a lot more and still aren't anywhere near BJR.

Given the math, you'd hope the outcome wasn't planned and just because there was a plan doesn't make it a good, logical, sensible or even half decent plan.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 03:51 (Ref:3555314)   #454
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erebus Never Intended To Get MB Backing - Mrs Klimenko

Is it me or is the story changing... again?
Old 2 Jul 2015, 05:45 (Ref:3555329)   #455
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She tells fibs that women does
Old 2 Jul 2015, 09:36 (Ref:3555346)   #456
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't seen much of her on Facebook lately. Which is nice.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3555356)   #457
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I dont understand the logic of lauding yourself as a privateer

Fran Sinatra's song 'I did it my way' doesn't create the same resonance sung by someone else...
Old 2 Jul 2015, 15:24 (Ref:3555401)   #458
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fair bit of negativity in recent posts here.

It would be entirely fair to say neither WP/HRT or GRM/Volvo are significantly outperforming Erebus at the moment, despite history that stretches back to walking around with gas lanterns. At the moment there is PRA and 888 and then daylight.

Betty is Betty. She does not try to hide behind corporate spin, and her contribution to Australian motorsport is significant. Her GT program set a new benchmark. Her V8 Supercar program was ambitious for a new management team. The only real mistake they have made may have been in believing the V8 Supercars brand aligned with their AMG race cars would have been more appealing to corporate support than it has been. The reality is the dominance of 888 combined with a difficult economy in which marketing budgets have been slashed, has made full-fee paying sponsors very difficult to obtain for any other team. Are there solution to this, well yes there is, it just may need an alternative marketing focus to deliver a value proposition that does not rely on having cars at the pointy end on a regular basis.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3555458)   #459
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There Were Stars In My Eyes...

Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:28 (Ref:3556060)   #460
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The word on the street is that a contra deal to supply Erebus with team apparel and merchandise, has gone tits-up.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:33 (Ref:3556064)   #461
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The word on the street is that a contra deal to supply Erebus with team apparel and merchandise, has gone tits-up.
The Kooga/BLK branding fell off the cars a while back... so its not a surprise... unfortunately...
Old 6 Jul 2015, 01:05 (Ref:3556076)   #462
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Good on Erebus for supporting their new Townsville round windscreen sponsor

Story Here

A lot of words and commitment to that brand for a likely sub $50k investment
Old 31 Aug 2015, 08:25 (Ref:3570184)   #463
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erebus opts out of Queensland Raceway test

31 August 2015 - V8 Supercars NewsErebus Motorsport has cancelled plans to undertake a test day at Queensland Raceway tomorrow ahead of the Sandown 500 Read More
Old 31 Aug 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3570245)   #464
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Erebus opts out of Queensland Raceway test

31 August 2015 - V8 Supercars NewsErebus Motorsport has cancelled plans to undertake a test day at Queensland Raceway tomorrow ahead of the Sandown 500 Read More
So... They can put miles on the cars post-Eastern Creek yet wont do a test day????
Old 2 Sep 2015, 02:15 (Ref:3570651)   #465
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee Holdsworth told the story on Inside Supercars the other week how following the massive shunts at Sandown and then Bathurst in 2014, Betty came to him and said they no longer had the budget to pay him in 2015. All this after having agreed terms for their new deal.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 03:16 (Ref:3570661)   #466
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Lee Holdsworth told the story on Inside Supercars the other week how following the massive shunts at Sandown and then Bathurst in 2014, Betty came to him and said they no longer had the budget to pay him in 2015. All this after having agreed terms for their new deal.
Ouch. Fair play to Betty for being up front about it rather then leaving it to 2015 and having issues about how to pay him leaving the team owing him money etc.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 08:17 (Ref:3570687)   #467
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee and Mr forklift must be kicking themselves for moving out the Ford garage
Old 2 Sep 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3570695)   #468
Umai Naa
Veteran

It appeared as though Mr Interent from Super Black, was prepared to do business with PRA at a higher rate than Mr Forklifts.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 11:47 (Ref:3570726)   #469
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It appeared as though Mr Interent from Super Black, was prepared to do business with PRA at a higher rate than Mr Forklifts.
Gotta say I'm impressed by the stability and presentation of this operation - call me names if you like but after the Dragon debacle, when a guy we hadn't really heard of turned up and had a black car with Silver Fern, I had some deja vu
Old 2 Sep 2015, 12:12 (Ref:3570731)   #470
Umai Naa
Veteran

I think they've done a remarkable job so far.

The run at Bathurst last year was certainly a gamble that paid off.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 00:38 (Ref:3570897)   #471
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also really enjoy anytime they interview Andre.
Young fella holding himself well in the spotlight, nicely spoken.
Hoping for bigger things this enduro season from them
Old 24 Sep 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3576594)   #472
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
"Erebus should have stuck with Ford" -Betty Klimenko

Sounds a little weird
Old 25 Sep 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3577024)   #473
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looking back I agree with her about that.
Old 26 Sep 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3577121)   #474
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have stuck with Ford, given the German taxi a miss!

VW might be keen to join V8 Supersedans, along as the emissions tests aren't stringent!!!!!
Old 26 Sep 2015, 03:41 (Ref:3577129)   #475
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Hindsight is a wondrous thing. I gotta say the Mercedes project has been an interesting thing to follow and I'm glad to see it happen but I would say that because I'm not paying the bills....