Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2994777)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Masters Historic Festival

Annual historic festival for the Masters team.
Old 15 May 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3074943)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
26 /27 May Brands Hatch GP

OK, not only Masters usual grids (incl GP Masters), but also the Hall & Hall sponsored 'Historic Race of Champions' for pre-71 3 litre F1s, HGPCA Pre-66 F1s, plus Motor Racing Legends Woodcote Trophy and JD Classics Challenge. And all on the GP circuit.

So anyone going? Assume Roger W will be in his March 701 in HRoC, and I see Ant35 is entered with his Gp1 Dolomite in the 40 minute JDCC. I have the Canary entered in same race. (but not in Gp1- entry list typo...) With our recent weather have got the wets ready!

Good news for Chunty- the XJC of Chris Spragg is on the list along with the TWR XJS that so almost won at Donington. Are you gracing us with your presence, James?

Will have 'big truck' and awning in the outer paddock as have several cars to cosset over the w/end. Come and say hi if you are passing!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 15 May 2012 at 19:18. Reason: clarification
Old 15 May 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3074946)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Assume Roger W will be in his March 701 in HRoC,
After Monaco qualifying the 701 looked very much in need of extensive work, sadly. If it's at Brands that will be some serious effort.
Old 15 May 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3074950)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Did wonder if Monaco would have some effect on the entry. All have to go on at moment is a press release issued well before!

Fingers crossed....
Old 15 May 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3074962)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy, this was a good event last year. Timing didn't work out for me this year though.
Old 15 May 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3074964)   #6
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be there in Sports Racing Masters AND Can-Am Revival.
Marcus
Old 15 May 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3074979)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Will be there in Sports Racing Masters AND Can-Am Revival.
Marcus
Look forward to seeing you, have something from the M1B to return. (No, not oil )

Are you in garages or outer paddock?
Old 16 May 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3075277)   #8
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will be there with the full family in tow as its a German bank holiday weekend.

I have entered the March 721 in GPM and the HROC.

I have scratched the Lotus 18 in the HGPCA event, both because that race is oversubscribed and they needed my slot and because 2 races per day in the DFV-engined car are enough for me.

Rudolf
Old 16 May 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3075284)   #9
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Look forward to seeing you, have something from the M1B to return. (No, not oil )

Are you in garages or outer paddock?
I really don't know where the car will be - I will have to ask my private secretary to contact the team representative.
Why do you mention oil?
Old 16 May 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3075307)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think I have been booked to do the 'parking up' that weekend so look forward to meeting many of you and for your co-operation in getting you all in the paddock.
Old 16 May 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3075345)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I really don't know where the car will be - I will have to ask my private secretary to contact the team representative.
Why do you mention oil?
Did I mention oil? Probably because I had just cleaned the truck floor and it reminded me of something.

Think the GP cars are in garages having looked at the finals. If your team are short of space let me know.

Stephen, looking forward to meeting you. Should be there on dot of opening Friday.
Old 16 May 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3075374)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Good news for Chunty- the XJC of Chris Spragg is on the list
Is he related to Chris Scragg who lives up the road to me ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 May 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3075384)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Is he related to Chris Scragg who lives up the road to me ?
Well I could blame it on a typo but as the C and P are not even close on the keyboard it will have to be down to brain-fade....

Yes indeed- it is Chris Scragg.
Old 16 May 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3075437)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well I could blame it on a typo but as the C and P are not even close on the keyboard it will have to be down to brain-fade....
Brain-fade at your age ? I suffer with it all the time but I don't think it's hereditary as Sue and I have just been and seen my old man (98 today) and he is as bright as a button
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 May 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3077010)   #15
Bill Allen
Rookie

Bill Allen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has an entry list been published? - I can't see anything on the Masters site
Old 21 May 2012, 05:43 (Ref:3077092)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Allen View Post
Has an entry list been published? - I can't see anything on the Masters site
Bit early for Masters, sometimes the entry lists get published by MSV if the meeting is at one of their circuits, but haven't found anything yet. Only list have seen is for race I am doing but that is with Motor Racing Legends, and again not on their site. (List already V.2 so still bit early!)

Old 21 May 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3077349)   #17
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
entry lists (of sorts)

just found this link on an MSV email, has details of which F1 cars are taking part
http://news.motorsportvision.co.uk/b...-festival.aspx
Old 22 May 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3077807)   #18
yesnomaybe
Racer

was doing some surfing to try and find the difference between Historic Formula One and Grand Prix Masters and the Historic Monaco F1 race,

anyway turns out that HFO are racing at Spa this weekend as well, thats got to be hurting the entry list for GPM, plus wheres all the tin tops gone?

in previous years there was pretty much a whole day of the festival devoted to tin tops
Old 22 May 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3077812)   #19
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think in previous years they held it over 3 days with the first day on the Indy circuit and the first day was a Top Hat meeting with earlier touring cars etc. Now they have slimmed it down to 2 days which I think makes more sense. There is still a 25min Touring car qualifying Saturday for pre-66 cars and a 50 minute race on Sunday afternoon. Plus a 70s touring car race as well. Should be a great weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 22 May 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3077818)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I think in previous years they held it over 3 days with the first day on the Indy circuit and the first day was a Top Hat meeting with earlier touring cars etc.
Yup.
Old 22 May 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3077841)   #21
yesnomaybe
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I think in previous years they held it over 3 days with the first day on the Indy circuit and the first day was a Top Hat meeting with earlier touring cars etc. Now they have slimmed it down to 2 days which I think makes more sense.
bit off topic then but im interested in seeing the Oldies but Goldies, Cloth Cap etc races again this year, but i cant find a website for information about where/when they're racing, can someone point me in the right direction?

Good luck in the races btw
Old 22 May 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3077903)   #22
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Why do you mention oil?
I shall be lubricating the floor in pit 17. Please bring your mop.
Marcus
Old 22 May 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3077964)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I shall be lubricating the floor in pit 17. Please bring your mop.
Marcus

I will seek you out and make sure the appropriate Health & Safety notices are on display.

Our plan is to set up so we are equidistant to, and if feasible between, Masters and Legends hospitality.....

Weather is LOOKING GOOD at the moment !!!!!
Old 22 May 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3077996)   #24
AntA35
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Midlands
AntA35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
bit off topic then but im interested in seeing the Oldies but Goldies, Cloth Cap etc races again this year, but i cant find a website for information about where/when they're racing, can someone point me in the right direction?

Good luck in the races btw
The 50's saloons, that were Oldies but Goldies will be found at www.hrdc.eu
under Touring Greats.

Cloth Cap are still with Masters... I think?
Old 22 May 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3078056)   #25
yesnomaybe
Racer

thanks i'll keep an eye on the calendar in the future, looks like a great club, exactly the kinda stuff im interested in e.g. historic tin tops