Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3305213)   #26
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a DC fan since a kid, I've made a few Michelin Man jokes myself. It is getting a bit silly now though. Okay, he dosen't have Sebastian Vettels "12 year old boy" physique but he looks no heavier than Kurt Busch, and he still managed to fit into the DW12 and get up to decent speeds.

Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:54 (Ref:3305216)   #27
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Fantastic news, and totally out of the blue. NASCAR hasn't been a happy hunting ground for JPM, so it's great to see him coming back to single-seaters.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3305217)   #28
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Montoya is still of um..'robust physique'... and eh..Kurt is um..built like twig.

That's what I'm seeing anyway.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3305231)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Montoya is definitely bigger. Still not exactly fat, just well built. He has plenty of time to slim down.

Then again people said he was fat and unfit in F1, but for most of his time there he looked more than thin enough and he never had fitness issues. People's obsession with driver figures is more than a little unsettling.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3305241)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, he needs to shed some pounds and it is easy to poke fun at, especially for fat boys like me, but I love the guy. He is somewhat of a throw back to a by gone era.

I say give him half the season or less, and he will be contending for victories.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 14:32 (Ref:3305244)   #31
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Weight is a pretty crucial factor in most racing cars. The more 'dynamic ballast' the driver carries, the less static ballast can be applied to the car as a setup tool.

Not sure how important it is in a DW12 though seeing as they had to cast the nosecone and front wing out of depleted uranium just to make the thing turn.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3305265)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Already testing! WOW!

It looks like that's been Photoshopped.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3306141)   #33
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It looks like that's been Photoshopped.
I think you're right.

Montoya is a hardcore fan of the Big Green Egg, so I doubt he'd run a Weber Grills sponsor.

Some people lack attention to detail.