Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 28 Mar 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2427382)   #276
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No sorry :-) I was talking to the guy with the yellow Clubman at Oulton today he is back out now its your turn!
Old 28 Mar 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2427397)   #277
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You got back quick from Oulton Al. How did you get on.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2427726)   #278
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Rod, I sat this one out as I need to keep the shop open on Fridays and could'nt face doing a 400 mile round trip in a day indespersed with with some racing, (wrong side of 60 for that) and in this market only a fool would take their eye off the ball as its business that pays for the racing as I am sure you know too well! I went up with Peter Edwards to watch and help out but we had to get away early as Peter needed to get back also I have a touch of flu so I did'nt protest too much as it was ridculously cold in that biting wind.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2446599)   #279
spannerman5298
Rookie

United Kingdom
barwell leicestershire
spannerman5298 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Omg Rob,thats a misty eyed trip down memory lane i can tell you!! Its ur old sparring partner Shane Golding! Found the forum(srs thread) after google searching something else!
Ive not been totally off the radar, building cars for other people and set up and testing duties with the odd race along the way.
Got sum info on other people listed if ur intrested but one person id like to know about is ur brother Brian! Hope he's well.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2446677)   #280
spannerman5298
Rookie

United Kingdom
barwell leicestershire
Did try and quote robs(r59) original post but im new and not a clue what im doing !!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2447552)   #281
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerman5298 View Post
Omg Rob,thats a misty eyed trip down memory lane i can tell you!! Its ur old sparring partner Shane Golding! Found the forum(srs thread) after google searching something else!
Ive not been totally off the radar, building cars for other people and set up and testing duties with the odd race along the way.
Got sum info on other people listed if ur intrested but one person id like to know about is ur brother Brian! Hope he's well.
Well well well...... howdy doody!
Glad to see that you're still doing a bit.
My brother, he's not done anything with his car since probably 1994, but keeps muttering about sorting it out to either get back into the sport, or selling it.
It's a lot more expensive to play race cars now than it was then, and he doesn't have the spare cash these days.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 00:42 (Ref:2448273)   #282
spannerman5298
Rookie

United Kingdom
barwell leicestershire
Your not wrong there,i can remember the good old days when race entrys were £65!! Last 750mc entry for donnington was £165 i think !! I know everythng else is suppose to go up in relation but does seem a lot more expensive than it use to be.

The last time i heard about you was when u purchaced that vauxhall with the engine facing the wrong way driving the wrong set of wheels!!! I spoke to a guy called Trevor Humphries (TH motorsport) years back and im sure he owned it or drove it if thats the same car,are you still racing it??
Old 25 Apr 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2449394)   #283
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I still have it, and it's in the workshop at the moment. One of the heads has a couple of cracks, so it's up in Measham being repaired. I have a gut feeling that I will be pulling the rest of the motor out to make sure before re-assembling it.

IF I ever get time this year, I'm starting on it's successor. A LS7 or LS9 powered Chevy Lacetti.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2452130)   #284
spannerman5298
Rookie

United Kingdom
barwell leicestershire
Sounds interesting and a bucket load of work !!!!!! U starting from scratch or taking the running gear off the old car? U have any races planned for the belmont this year, id luv to see it in action !!
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2452174)   #285
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have a bit of video of it coming past me like a dose of salts in a DMN race unfortunatly it broke down shortly afterwards as me and Rob seem to be having similar luck at the moment but it has great potential. I will try to load it on Youtube later and post a link as its a great bit of action vid.
Old 1 May 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2453772)   #286
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
The Lacetti will be build from scratch. I have the shell (thanks to RML) and some of the running gear will come from my ASCAR (Jerico transmission, Winters Quickchange axle, some suspension components). The bodywork will be fun. Think DTM.....

Al, I look forward to seeing that bit of vid. I had some fun in the DMN, and will retun when I'm happy that it's stopped blowing it's water out.
Old 1 May 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2453781)   #287
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Mental note to rip it and youtube it!
Old 2 May 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2454000)   #288
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Have you done it yet?
Old 2 May 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2454062)   #289
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No, will do over the weekend probably tonight, have had to come into work today to do a shopfront sign, gotta pay for the racing somehow and no bugger is gonna sponsor me!
Old 24 Nov 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2588332)   #290
ferdyjennyuk
Rookie

ferdyjennyuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
graham millward 1990s

graham..
last seen.
leistershire,,1998
do you know where he is anymore, need to find him friend/mutual connection any clues,,,
Old 24 Nov 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2588390)   #291
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Graham Millward? He was out in Falken ModProds as well as I recollect, Vauxhall Astra and Sunbeam Talbot Lotus. Dunno where he is now though sorry, try a similar request on the Falken Tyres ModProd Championship thread.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2588585)   #292
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also appeared in a Rover Tomcat towards end of SRS.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2589858)   #293
v8rob
Rookie

v8rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdyjennyuk View Post
graham..
last seen.
leistershire,,1998
do you know where he is anymore, need to find him friend/mutual connection any clues,,,
I used to work for milly but the last time i saw him was 2001 living in melton mowbray, cracking guy
Old 2 Dec 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2593074)   #294
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Here is some pictures of my Sunbeam Talbot Ti that may stir memories.

Old 2 Dec 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2593091)   #295
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a huge smile on my face Al..........giving the old Beam some nice opposite lock there!!! ..........I'm sure you are a closet Sunbeam lover....you just pretend you hate em to wind me up
Old 2 Dec 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2593092)   #296
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Of course i am I just couldnt afford to put the Lotus engine in the thing so I am jealous, that was a rare 100% genuine Ti actually and I was a tad annoyed after reading the regs to turn up and see guys in 1300 Sunbeams entered as Ti's as I thought (according to the regs) they had to be the real thing!
Old 3 Dec 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2593304)   #297
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Here is some pictures of my Sunbeam Talbot Ti that may stir memories.
Some extremely varied machinery playing with you there Al?!!!

An old Alfa Junior, Mk2 Capri and what is that beige thing, a Fiat Dino Coupe??????

What year are those shots from, they're brilliant?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2593335)   #298
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Do you think he may have had the Capri set up a tad soft? Someone on another thread said it was a Fiat 124 but I recollect them being more Lada like may be wrong.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2593870)   #299
seanhale
Rookie

seanhale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys
I found this thread through google and what a thread. Does anyone remember Richard Macer? He had a blue flat fronted magnum way back when.

I spent a good few (very enjoyable) seasons working with Jeff Robinson on the Lancers...............Rob, I think I rememeber you and the coments about the jubilee clips were spot on . Joe Macari had you in stiches all they time, he would party 24/7 and still race hard.
Mostyn was a great guy, it used to be a standing joke that Mostyns pre season preparation for his car was to drag it out of the chicken shed, blow up the tyres and was the chicken ****e off it.

Best wishes

Sean
Old 4 Dec 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2593874)   #300
seanhale
Rookie

seanhale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this I took at Oulton either pre or post race, I can't remember. Joe doing what he did best.....partying