Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 May 2015, 02:13 (Ref:3538790)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Warburton Going...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFR 18/5/15 'Rear Window' by Joe Aston, P41

After Southern Cross Austereo's new chairman Peter Bush stepped in as acting boss last week, waving goodbye to Rhys Holleran, it is not particilarly surprising to hear the name of V8Supercars CEO James Warburton mentioned as alikely candidate to permanently helm the FM radio and regional TV group.

Austereo is hurting badly after letting star duo Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O defect to APN News and Media's Australian Radio Network, while Southern Cross earnings have been weighed down by its metro affiliate Ten, whose audience ratings have been in the toilet for several years.

Bush was previously chairman of Nine Entertainment Co. Warburton was Seven West Media's sales chief until he was controversially poached in 2012 by Lachlan Murdoch to run Ten. That didnt go so well...

At the V8's, Warburton has presided over a controversial switch in broadcast partners from Seven to Ten and Toxtel, imperiling major sponsorship dollars.

A hit of penicillin isnt going to fix SCA - it needs 14 pints of blood, 12 rounds of chemotherapy, a liver transplant and a frontal lobotomy.

Or, if Bush and Warburton are half lucky, a takeover offer and a massive pay day.

The way it reads, the timing is kinda like RIGHT NOW!!

If it proves true...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 May 2015, 02:19 (Ref:3538791)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AFR Story Here as above..
Old 18 May 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3538792)   #3
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gee he'd be really missed... he's added nothing with no real thought about the future of the category. Good luck to the next person who steps up, would the Black Wiggle be interested in a return?
Old 18 May 2015, 02:29 (Ref:3538793)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Cocho would know how to fix things. Might come at the expense of the Shannons Nationals though.
Old 18 May 2015, 02:33 (Ref:3538796)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From Archer Capital's perspective, Mr Warburton has brought on a financially lucrative broadcast deal, and additional broadcast partners to improve the income stream.

So in that regard, he seems to have been successful

It would be nice for a journalist away from the sport were to interview Mr Warburton about all the whys and wherefores of his role. Andrew Denton and his aces research team would be perfect for that role.
Old 18 May 2015, 03:12 (Ref:3538802)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JAMES WARBURTON DENIES V8 SUPERCARS EXIT RUMOURS

Quote:
V8 Supercars chief executive James Warburton has strongly discredited reports that he is about to leave the sport.
Old 18 May 2015, 03:34 (Ref:3538804)   #7
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All we need now is the board to issue a statement saying he has their full support.
Old 18 May 2015, 03:54 (Ref:3538809)   #8
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
All we need now is the board to issue a statement saying he has their full support.
that would mean he is in trouble
Old 18 May 2015, 04:00 (Ref:3538810)   #9
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Please let it be true, he's done nothing but set the sport on a course of self-destruction.
He would probably do the same to Austereo. He seems good at bringing organisations to the brink.
Old 18 May 2015, 12:14 (Ref:3538924)   #10
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Good luck to the next person who steps up, would the Black Wiggle be interested in a return?
Can't see that happening while Archer are the major shareholder...
Old 19 May 2015, 02:14 (Ref:3539168)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Story Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article, The Australian 18/5/15

Warburton tip for CEO

James Warburton is tipped to become CEO of Southern Cross Media. Diary understands he is being considered for the role after chief executive Rhys Holleran quit last week after a challenging and tumultuous period at the company.

Sources say Warburton is keen for the role and has already been offered the job. It’ll be a huge challenge for Warburton to lift the fortunes of the 2 Day FM radio network, which has been struggling ever since Kyle and Jackie O moved to KIIS FM.
Now this one is a even stronger than the speculation in the AFR....
Old 19 May 2015, 04:21 (Ref:3539192)   #12
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love for him to leave V8 Supercars one way or another as I've known he was going to ruin it the very second his appointment was announced.

How is it after being sacked from Channel 10 for his incompetence and pretty much destroying V8 Supercar this clown still gets offered big jobs ?
Old 9 Jul 2015, 02:44 (Ref:3556900)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Today's Fin Review..

Old 9 Jul 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3556920)   #14
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be something to do with the B12hr. Rumours are circulating V8 Supercars are trying to buy it.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3556934)   #15
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Could be something to do with the B12hr. Rumours are circulating V8 Supercars are trying to buy it.
What a nightmare.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3556943)   #16
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anything online for me to see?

Is it possible to do the whole article?
Old 10 Jul 2015, 04:25 (Ref:3557193)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The article is a complete crock.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3557238)   #18
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The article is a complete crock.
Which bit? Or all of it?
Old 11 Jul 2015, 03:19 (Ref:3557448)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Which bit? Or all of it?
All of it, did you actually read it?
Old 29 Jul 2015, 05:58 (Ref:3562095)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Cole Hitchcock Departs V8SC
Old 5 Aug 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3563881)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Foges' View Of James Warburton
Old 22 Dec 2016, 03:20 (Ref:3697773)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More speculation, yet he is still firmly in residence..

Story Here
Old 22 Dec 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3697816)   #23
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
More speculation, yet he is still firmly in residence..

Story Here
Bummer.