Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 17 Dec 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3787613)   #1
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New to data logging

I'm new, and I've acquired an old datalogger unit and its looms. Only one sensor with a pair of connectors, but lots of ends with the same one-sided connector, so I need to get more connectors or I'll have a lot of rewiring to do. Does anyone recognise the type of connector that the loom has, please? See pic.

They are all 4-way, and 'stepped', with two female sockets and two male pins on each side, so that they'll only go together one way. Rubber sleeve around the pair t make it waterproof.

Thanks!
John

PS Damn! This site will only upload images from a URL. Does my description ring any bells? J
Old 17 Dec 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3787727)   #2
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
PS Damn! This site will only upload images from a URL. Does my description ring any bells? J
No, you can upload pictures stored on your own computer. It doesn't always load up on the first attempt, but it will do it. Pull down the menu from the paperclip in the main reply panel, click on browse, then click on the image from wherever you store it, and click on the upload button. The window will then close, so click on the paperclip again and click on the picture that is now listed on your attachment and you can then upload it to your reply.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3787730)   #3
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, Mike, I'll try that another time. If I can find the paperclip (?)

Good news, I've IDed them. Cannon Sure Seal connectors, available from Demon Tweaks under Stack products, or from RadioSpares for half the price. But that's DT for you.
John
Old 18 Dec 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3787840)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
before you get too excited, make sure that you can get the software to run on your current laptop. Some old dataloggers won't run on newer computers, so you have to start getting Windows XP or earlier laptops from secondhand stores / ebay depending on when support for your datalogger stopped.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3787846)   #5
JohnD
Veteran

Yes, it's an archeology project, but then the car is fifty years old!
John
Old 21 Dec 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3788538)   #6
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Astratec logger?
Old 21 Dec 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3788544)   #7
JohnD
Veteran

No, Stack, from the 90s.
Has a 19-way and a 4-way connector on the box, with two looms, one with both, one with only the 19-way plug.
John