Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2404622)   #26
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Will let you know ASAP - Road restrictions begin next week so we'll be able to get an idea of the changes after the walls have been set up.
Soon as Nick Green mentioned that traffic restrictions had started, on the traffic report on the radio the other morning, my wife and I both cheered! That means Clipsal is coming!!!!!!
Old 1 Mar 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2406625)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a bit off the subject but:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/live_race_engine/choose.aspx

is this the best place for finding the race coverage? if so, i am REALLY looking forward to Round 1. maybe i can see most of the races, barring crazy time diffs.

i am going to at least try and follow this series (best in the world, IMHO) through the year since SPEED has cut the off season coverage in the States.

Giday, mates! here's to the start of race season
Old 1 Mar 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2406695)   #28
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
a bit off the subject but:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/live_race_engine/choose.aspx

is this the best place for finding the race coverage? if so, i am REALLY looking forward to Round 1. maybe i can see most of the races, barring crazy time diffs.

i am going to at least try and follow this series (best in the world, IMHO) through the year since SPEED has cut the off season coverage in the States.

Giday, mates! here's to the start of race season
I reckon xbox live timing is better it gives you more info, you can find it on the right hand side of the v8 site but you have to sign up a day or two before a race. There used to be site where you could watch the race properly but i couldnt get it to work at the end of last year.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2407003)   #29
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Think Lowndes for the win, Johnson a close second, Followed by a hungry Todd Kelly.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2407022)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic.v814 View Post
I reckon xbox live timing is better it gives you more info, you can find it on the right hand side of the v8 site but you have to sign up a day or two before a race. There used to be site where you could watch the race properly but i couldnt get it to work at the end of last year.
thx, nic.
can't wait, now.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2407337)   #31
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might head down tomorrow and see if any walls are up yet. Can't remember if that road is blocked off at the start, or left open as late as possible (i know theres one road they close later, and open sooner...)
Old 3 Mar 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2407834)   #32
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Looking Foward to seeing a HRT Car plow into turn 8, don't care which one not too picky. Just like to see Uncle Tom with a Large repair bill for the year.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2407891)   #33
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Looking Foward to seeing a HRT Car plow into turn 8, don't care which one not too picky. Just like to see Uncle Tom with a Large repair bill for the year.
What, so another driver kills himself ??

This forum is for lovers of the sport, not for forum members to post a pathetic wish list for someone to crash.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2407897)   #34
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you EBXR8! Even if lowy totally misreads and over exagerates your post!
Now who is pathetic! someone who says that all crashes should kill someone! WTF?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2407914)   #35
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Yeah lets wish someone driving the wrong brand to have a massive accident at a corner with a number of major crashes and a fatality already on its books".

Not cool guys.

I thought most of us had grown beyond watching motorsport just for the crashes, but I appear to be mistaken. Note there is a huge difference between willing general misfortune (flat tyre, stuck wheel nut etc.) and willing someone to drive into a concrete wall at warp speed.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2407923)   #36
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's probably been taken out of context a bit....but as i am a Tander fan (don't hold that against me) i have no problem him doing that as long as he takes a bunch of Fords with him
Old 3 Mar 2009, 21:07 (Ref:2408425)   #37
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrodemus View Post
"Yeah lets wish someone driving the wrong brand to have a massive accident at a corner with a number of major crashes and a fatality already on its books".

Not cool guys.

I thought most of us had grown beyond watching motorsport just for the crashes, but I appear to be mistaken. Note there is a huge difference between willing general misfortune (flat tyre, stuck wheel nut etc.) and willing someone to drive into a concrete wall at warp speed.
I think it's just the usual holden/Ford rivalry and salivating at the chance to stir up the opposition. Life wouldn't be the same without it and I don't think anyone wishes death or serious injury upon anyone.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:04 (Ref:2408569)   #38
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
For those who care, went down there today, and Turn 8s concrete isn't up yet (stops about 20 metres either side of the corner)

Will go back on the weekend as i think thats when that road closes.

Also got some pics of the covers over the grandstands (first one is still being put up, should look like the one on the other side of the track!

Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2408571)   #39
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great stuff there STEALTHY thanks for the update.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 02:15 (Ref:2408597)   #40
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I dont want to see any driver hurt ever, i just want to see a twisted HRT car so uncle tom has to dig deep into those pockets and pay for the repairs.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2408617)   #41
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for the phoptographs.

Photo 2 - is that HRT's tyre bank for Round 1??
Old 4 Mar 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2408664)   #42
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Cheers for the phoptographs.

Photo 2 - is that HRT's tyre bank for Round 1??
I hope so!!!
Old 4 Mar 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2408670)   #43
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too.

Has someone a spare tyre that they don't need.

Can someone do at tyre through just what lowndes had at bathurst 2005.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2408672)   #44
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Do you guys really think you need to sabotage the HRT cars?......
Old 4 Mar 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2408677)   #45
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
... Can someone do at tyre through just what lowndes had at bathurst 2005.

Please Explain?
Old 4 Mar 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2408680)   #46
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseIII View Post
Please Explain?
He's talking about when lowndes hit the tyre that came of the castrol car after it hit the wall.......
Old 4 Mar 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2408684)   #47
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK... But what about it??
What does it have to do with T8 @ Clipsal, or anything else in this thread??l
Old 4 Mar 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2408705)   #48
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseIII View Post
OK... But what about it??
What does it have to do with T8 @ Clipsal, or anything else in this thread??l
He's educationally challenged.

He ment can someone throw a tyre at the HRT car to cause the same result that happened to lowndes.....
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2409571)   #49
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gee, I hope an FPR car has a spectacular failure that humiliates Dave Richards or anyone else involved in the team...

How many Holden fans do you see 'sledging' Ford teams because of who owns them...

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 5 Mar 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2409938)   #50
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad someone else made that point, Chatters.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.