Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Nov 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2985039)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Bright to race??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Nov 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2985040)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
What happened to the XXXX angels?
Replaced by the Chillettes....
Old 13 Nov 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2985106)   #28
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting to rain in Launceston, could make qualifying interesting.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:44 (Ref:2985132)   #29
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Half way through Qualifying and still dry at the track.

Radar is looking bad for half and hour or so, but the sky isn't bad looking toward the weather.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:53 (Ref:2985137)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
fpr looking good, hope than can keep there act together
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:58 (Ref:2985141)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
No rain in qualifying...

Q24

FPR seem to have a good handle on the place... while BJR should probably have stayed in bed #888 needs a rev up.. maybe Mr Skaife needs to take the car for a media run for the teev
Old 13 Nov 2011, 02:35 (Ref:2985157)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
#8 to be scratched?

Old 13 Nov 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2985172)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Driver swap done??

Old 13 Nov 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2985174)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Driver swap done??

Confirmed
Old 13 Nov 2011, 02:57 (Ref:2985178)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Approved

Wonder if Mr McConville is available to run for BJR next weekend too? A week isnt a lot of time to repair the dislocation?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2985289)   #36
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting to rain yet again!

Looks fairly dark out to north-west.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 05:01 (Ref:2985293)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
oh come on, did we really need to goto a pitstop in the middle of the giz's pitstop

the one guy in the hunt and we miss where he comes back in, it was 30 seconds
Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:11 (Ref:2985351)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R24

Series Points
Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2985365)   #39
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
though yesterdays race was the pick of the races.

much more genuine passes
Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:38 (Ref:2985368)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The strategy game does not seem to play out in this event, either yesterday or today. Mr Lowndes talked up his team for helping him drag the #888 car from the mid field to (almost) the front... but its not a scenario where teams could leave their new tyre runs until later, and just drive away from anyone.

Not sure what the fix is on this circuit though.. it is very short.. lots of lapped cars..

Championship almost over yet?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:39 (Ref:2985371)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Approved

Wonder if Mr McConville is available to run for BJR next weekend too? A week isnt a lot of time to repair the dislocation?
From the Launceston Hospital...

Hhhhheeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 Nov 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2985379)   #42
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its now confirmed that only a T8 car can win it, although everyone knew that at clipsal.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2985388)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Its now confirmed that only a T8 car can win it, although everyone knew that at clipsal.
The fight is now for 3rd... Mr Van Gisbergen is now dislodged from 3rd... there are quite a few pilots who could take that spot...

Meantime, Mr Bright misses one race and ends up 14th from 10th..
Old 13 Nov 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2985420)   #44
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The strategy game does not seem to play out in this event, either yesterday or today. Mr Lowndes talked up his team for helping him drag the #888 car from the mid field to (almost) the front... but its not a scenario where teams could leave their new tyre runs until later, and just drive away from anyone.

Not sure what the fix is on this circuit though.. it is very short.. lots of lapped cars..

Yes it is over - despite the best efforts of the hyperventilating Ch7 team to convince us that the championship cant be decided until Sydney
Old 13 Nov 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2985454)   #45
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
from the giz' face book

Sitting on plane. Got Paul Dumbrell behind me oh sh*t!

Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2985824)   #46
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Meantime, Mr Bright misses one race and ends up 14th from 10th..
Harsh for Brighty but that is probably one of the worst injuries a driver could have. How good did Cam go though? He made Bargs look ordinary, although would you say Brighty has the #1 chariot at BJR? I would have been interested to see his laptimes, he looked like he played himself in well and got faster as the race went on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Sitting on plane. Got Paul Dumbrell behind me oh sh*t!
That's funny ****, Giz gets hot under the collar in the moment but I don't think he holds a grudge.

FPR were seriously fast in this event but they tripped over each other in both races, cost them 3rd in Saturday's race and potentially the win on Sunday. Still good points but Whincup wasn't that much faster than Frosty before he cooked his brakes.

Lowndes championship is really slipping, I suspect Jamie's gonna have to end up on his lid for Lowndes to catch up.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2985856)   #47
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes needs to get Skaife back in the car during practise to set it up for the remaining rounds if he wants to win the championship.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2985864)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Harsh for Brighty but that is probably one of the worst injuries a driver could have. How good did Cam go though? He made Bargs look ordinary, although would you say Brighty has the #1 chariot at BJR? I would have been interested to see his laptimes, he looked like he played himself in well and got faster as the race went on.
From Mr McConville's twitter...

Kinda humble... nice..

Mr McConville set a fastest lap of 52.5017 with no preparation. His teammates did 52.6095 (Mr Bargwanna for 25th) and 52.4883 (Mr Reindler for 20th). Quickest lap in that race was Mr Winterbottom for 3rd with a 51.9915... so not far away at all for someone who didnt 'fit' the car...

Any money on Mr Richards being a candidate for Sandown?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2985879)   #49
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Any money on Mr Richards being a candidate for Sandown?
Given it was originally an issue suffered at PI, and hasn't healed properly since, you would think it won't be Mr Bright strapped into #8 so soon.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 04:42 (Ref:2986541)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
according to facebook (v8 supercars) there is an issue regarding the correct wearing of fire protection equipment by the driver of car 88

dont know any more, but we should know more in 48 hours

this is very unusal to happen at this point of the season to the championship leader ;-)