Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2985485)   #51
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
But i resent being told how good the old days where and then when we see the facts we see thats not true and todays is actually much better
In your opinion - I am interested into what facts you reference that are totally objective.

You need to take into account that not everyone subscribes to your thoughts on modern v8 supercar

Last edited by D.R.T.; 13 Nov 2011 at 10:40.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2985489)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the facts would be the video of the races, and not just memories of the highlights we remember
Old 13 Nov 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2985495)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
the facts would be the video of the races, and not just memories of the highlights we remember
Pecky, you miss my point. Its your interpretation of those videos as opposed to someone else's - this isn't facts.

In my opinion, the group a days with the variety of cars, configurations and different levels of reliability made for a far more interesting Bathurst 100 than todays version where each car is identical.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2985500)   #54
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
yes i have watched catagories like that and people like yorself tell me how great it was, but then when it comes down to it its just lip service. your actions dont support your words

go over to the 12 hour thread and its a perfect example
Old 13 Nov 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2985513)   #55
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
yes i have watched catagories like that and people like yorself tell me how great it was, but then when it comes down to it its just lip service. your actions dont support your words
What actions are not supporting my words?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2985873)   #56
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
But i resent being told how good the old days where and then when we see the facts we see thats not true and todays is actually much better
Peckstar I think your getting facts and opinion mixed up. If you are talking about the FACT that we have had some of the closest finishes in Bathurst history in the last 10 years and that there are now more cars on the lead lap than ever you would be correct. But the FACT that this happens is because of the overzelous use of the saftey car. If the race ran non stop as it did in the old days in the last few years 888 would have won a couple of these races by more than a lap.

So the only FACT you have is that in your opinion the modern races are better. Others have a differing opinion.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2985876)   #57
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I personally resent being told on such a subjective description as "better", a term based entirely on personal likes and dislikes, that I can be told there are facts which decide what I like.

Perhaps you need your own thread where you can discuss for example how close some races are where you can levy objective facts and be correct. It's an entirely different discussion compared to subjective likes and dislikes.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2985894)   #58
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
hey it wasnt me who started judging peoples opinions.

its was one of you old guys who forgot how boring the rest of the race was that started judging,

but i guess because they agree with you that you dont mention it
Old 14 Nov 2011, 02:13 (Ref:2985961)   #59
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

its was one of you old guys who forgot how boring the rest of the race was that started judging,

And you cannot tell me how entertaining I found it to be at the time as you weren't there so don't try and tell me what is entertaining or what is not. You sir cannot speak for anyone here except yourself so best you do that and stop opening your mouth to change feet.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2986071)   #60
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'm not agreeing with anything. I offered no opinion as to good an bad races, it was my first post in the thread. I merely don't like being told subjective opinions are facts.

I also like to think that at the small side of 40, that I'm not that old. But age is subjective too. You're only as old as the... there are several ways to finish that sentence I suppose...