Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 20 Jul 2015, 02:01 (Ref:3559634)   #51
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Scott View Post
Special Ed should go back and watch last year's race when he pulled a similar stunt and took out Montoya. He should just stfu.
That was weak by Ed. Someone 2 weeks ago calling for drivers to retire if they didn't want to race hard and aggressive.

Sage seems like the real deal and a star for Indycar
Old 20 Jul 2015, 03:38 (Ref:3559642)   #52
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Scott View Post
Special Ed should go back and watch last year's race when he pulled a similar stunt and took out Montoya. He should just stfu.
Agreed. This guy just whines and whines and whines. I will admit he is a pretty good oval driver, but I am glad he decided not to race on road courses any more.

Special Ed brought out 3 red flags for 3 separate incidents in the same 30 minute warm-up session at 2012 at Mid-Ohio.

Put him on a track requiring left and right, up and down, braking and accelerating, shifting gears and...god forbid, some moisture, and...well...he sucks!!

As for Karam. Yeah, a few risky moves but nothing we haven't seen before on ovals. Carpenter should just shut up and drive or retire.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3560253)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently, the Iowa Corn 300 is NBCSN'’s most-watched race since 2011 at Baltimore.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/07/...nce-since-2011
Old 22 Jul 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3560260)   #54
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Apparently, the Iowa Corn 300 is NBCSN'’s most-watched race since 2011 at Baltimore.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/07/...nce-since-2011
I think this race captures the core audiences attention... it certainly catches mine. It's the best Indycar oval race all year. Yeah, I said it.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 20:04 (Ref:3560501)   #55
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I think that IndyCar ratings are increasing because NBC is cross-promoting on Nascar broadcasts and shows.

In Hispanic America, ESPN has three channels. They cross-promote every sport in every channel.

Fox Sports also has three channels, but they don't cross-promote. So when I watch Fox Sports 3 (ex Speed), I get no football ads... and viceversa.

(Curiously, Fox does cross-promote other channels, like Fox+, Fox Life and Nat Geo. Ew!).
Old 24 Jul 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3560610)   #56
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally watched it on PVR. Very entertaining. Big congrats and a shot in the arm for RHR, and great for IndyCar to have a podium full of American drivers (plus more near the top).

Wow - Graham Rahal does it again, comes from nowhere multiple times for a great result. And... second in the points!

As to Ed Carpenter - I agree with the sentiments expressed above. I've heard this guy complain so many times over the years that it's getting old. Props to Sage for not getting drawn into a playground argument. Sure he was aggressive but he wasn't swerving and blocking, just driving a line.

Final thoughts - those grandstands looked quite full and the track looks great under the lights. A nice jewel on the IndyCar schedule I think.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 16:01 (Ref:3560619)   #57
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I love the sunset races like this. When the race starts at black night, it's not as nice.