Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:06 (Ref:3596002)   #1
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So who had the better year ?

So the year is done and dusted and Red Bull and PRA have dominated, but who had the better year as PRA produced the Championship winner, whilst Red Bull won Bathurst and the team Championship.
For me honours were shared, but your thoughts ?
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:09 (Ref:3596003)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just trying to find footage of T8 celebrating yesterday, Cant seem to find any really.

Question answered

Also PRA won dunlop series
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3596004)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PRA made the wrong call on replacement pilots for #6 after Mr Mostert's Bathurst crash

Moving Mr Reynolds to that car would likely have secured PRA the Teams Championship as well.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3596005)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PRA had the better year, I would think.

To have 3, sometimes 4 of their cars up the pointy end for the most part of the season, takes a fair amount of effort. If Chaz hadn't binned it, they'd have properly dominated and won the Teams championship too.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3596006)   #5
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Just trying to find footage of T8 celebrating yesterday, Cant seem to find any really.

Question answered

Also PRA won dunlop series
Just trying to find footage of PRA celebrating at Bathurst, but can't seem to find any really.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:21 (Ref:3596007)   #6
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

To have 3, sometimes 4 of their cars up the pointy end for the most part of the season, takes a fair amount of effort. If Chaz hadn't binned it, they'd have properly dominated and won the Teams championship too.

Let's go on results and not "woulda, coulda".
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:23 (Ref:3596008)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Just trying to find footage of PRA celebrating at Bathurst, but can't seem to find any really.
Sure you could, they finished 2nd on the podium

But thats one day, you said year. Saw PRA celebrating at Sandown also, couldnt see Triple 8 anywhere. Thats another day

PRA also picked up the pole position award
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3596009)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
PRA made the wrong call on replacement pilots for #6 after Mr Mostert's Bathurst crash

Moving Mr Reynolds to that car would likely have secured PRA the Teams Championship as well.
Agreed. Pit allocation for #55/#111 wouldn't matter too much.

Perhaps even rushed through another chassis to avoid using the dog of a thing that the ladies tried to tame at Bathurst.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3596010)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Fair call, but you can't really ignore their form up til that point.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:34 (Ref:3596012)   #10
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Sure you could, they finished 2nd on the podium

But thats one day, you said year. Saw PRA celebrating at Sandown also, couldnt see Triple 8 anywhere. Thats another day

PRA also picked up the pole position award

2nd ?

Last edited by Reload; 7 Dec 2015 at 01:55.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:35 (Ref:3596013)   #11
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Fair call, but you can't really ignore their form up til that point.
Definitely.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3596014)   #12
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRA Hands Down in my opinion.

No 1 in both divisions beats a Teams Championship surely
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3596015)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
Based on the results of when Chaz was driving, PRA would likely have a Championship 1-2, Teams Championship and Dev series wrapped up
Old 7 Dec 2015, 01:42 (Ref:3596018)   #14
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Based on the results of when Chaz was driving, PRA would likely have a Championship 1-2, Teams Championship and Dev series wrapped up
Wouldn't rule out Bathurst either.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 02:59 (Ref:3596027)   #15
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon Triple 8 will be satisfied with a decent year, but I think the winner on points decision in Prodrive. To finally get the monkey off their back and collect that number 1 will have them on cloud nine for a while.

The disappointments for the year for me is more interesting: HRT (snatching losses from the jaws of victory many times), Volvo (so many reliability issues in their second year after a stellar first year) and the Kellys (just don't seem to be progressing, certainly not at the rate Nissan would hope for...)
Old 7 Dec 2015, 06:00 (Ref:3596054)   #16
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The driver's championship and Bathurst are the only ones that matter. Yes the team's championship does dictate the next year's pitlane order, and there is some kudos in the endurance cup and most pole positions, but no one is going to remember them.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 06:05 (Ref:3596056)   #17
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say PRA, although only just on the basis they didn't recover from Chaz's crash too well with the outdated car being used for the rest of the year. I wonder how far off a new car was/is? Perhaps they had no plans for one given next season is the last for the current model?
Old 7 Dec 2015, 06:31 (Ref:3596061)   #18
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRA for sure. Most wins and poles, although a bit skewed V's 888 thanks to 3 drivers. Sandown 500, plus development and main game championships.

888's teams title was aided allot to Chaz missing, but Bathurst was won on clear pace. Even if Chaz didn't wall it, I don't think his car or Waters would have had the pace of the 2 888 cars.

Both teams walk away with big smiles after sharing the big prizes.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3596081)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I'd say PRA, although only just on the basis they didn't recover from Chaz's crash too well with the outdated car being used for the rest of the year. I wonder how far off a new car was/is? Perhaps they had no plans for one given next season is the last for the current model?
The chassis will carry over into the new regs. The only difference at this stage is the choice of engines and body panels.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3596085)   #20
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems honours probably shared equally between PRA & 888, with everyone else nowhere.

Probably would have been different if Chaz hadn't had his Bathurst accident.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3596100)   #21
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRA as a team, there was also a few individual efforts , by some drivers, Dave R, 3rd in Cship (yes a PRA car but RUSTY French entry) , Scot Pye , showing he is getting grips with it, remember JW was dropped before he made of with those Championships ,

Should we add in ,
The Good
The Bad, and
The Ugly
Old 7 Dec 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3596105)   #22
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
PRA tops for me, although Chaz binned it at Bathurst, to then have him out for the remainder was a double blow and it was a great team effort for Frosty to ultimately prevail.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 23:22 (Ref:3596251)   #23
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

I would have been against that.
Would love to have seen PRA take the team C'ship, but not like that.
Reynolds was still fighting for the title for himself, his team and his sponsors at that point, so to have him poached like that would have not been a good look.

Cam Waters seemed like an obvious choice but all it showed me was Reynolds is the guy that should be in the third PRA car.
Steve Owen did himself no favours at Sydney. He needed to put that car up higher in all the races but maybe thats partly the car rather than his abilities.
Old 8 Dec 2015, 00:59 (Ref:3596274)   #24
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not sure how I feel about Mr Owen's performance.

Mr Waters managed to get it circulating reasonably well, inside the top half of the field for the most part. Mr Ingall was also quick to point out the car's particular nuances very early on in the weekend at the Gold Coast, strongly recommending a change in direction with regards to driving style and chassis setup to make the thing work. The base setup applied to #5 simply would not translate into any sort of remarkable lap time for #6 (nee #200).

Whether Mr Owen had the same desire or permission, to deviate from the setup window remains to be seen.
Old 8 Dec 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3596283)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I would have been against that.
Would love to have seen PRA take the team C'ship, but not like that.
Reynolds was still fighting for the title for himself, his team and his sponsors at that point, so to have him poached like that would have not been a good look.

Cam Waters seemed like an obvious choice but all it showed me was Reynolds is the guy that should be in the third PRA car.
Steve Owen did himself no favours at Sydney. He needed to put that car up higher in all the races but maybe thats partly the car rather than his abilities.
The drivers championship was done for Mr Reynolds after the pervious round. Could easily have played car/crew swapsies for Homebush...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods