Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Oct 2016, 08:17 (Ref:3681869)   #51
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pit maneuver there by GT.

Recon he's got a career in the police force now his racing one's done.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 08:35 (Ref:3681872)   #52
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tander's weaving possibly left Coulthard confused as to where he was so can't blame him for holding the racing line. Very poor move by Garth, looks like a lot of desperation to impress for next year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Oct 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3681875)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Coulthard's Car Done... Maybe
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Oct 2016, 09:01 (Ref:3681877)   #54
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturi View Post
Hi Garth
Hi Garth here. How many laps did FC hold GT up for? the TV was showing FC's car sliding round everywhere a number of laps earlier. His own team said GT was faster. We see it time and time again and it never ends well. FC does have a bit of a rep for it. As did Steven Richards near the end of his fulltime drive. spends more time driving in their mirrors. Night Fabian.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 09:07 (Ref:3681878)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Hi Garth here. How many laps did FC hold GT up for? the TV was showing FC's car sliding round everywhere a number of laps earlier. His own team said GT was faster. We see it time and time again and it never ends well. FC does have a bit of a rep for it. As did Steven Richards near the end of his fulltime drive. spends more time driving in their mirrors. Night Fabian.
No rules against holding people up!

Its part of racing, different cars have different strengths in different part of the track or even in phases of the race.

And you can hold your line, If Gt was faster he should have been able to make a pass without the little bumps in the corner
Old 22 Oct 2016, 09:47 (Ref:3681881)   #56
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
No rules against holding people up!

Its part of racing, different cars have different strengths in different part of the track or even in phases of the race.

And you can hold your line, If Gt was faster he should have been able to make a pass without the little bumps in the corner
You can look at it that way if you want and yes you could be right. But when you have nothing left to fight with but you won't give it away this is what happens. I don't think anyone really enjoys watching slow guys blocking and holding the line and just being a pain in the ass. And I know the drivers don't enjoy it.
Two guys fighting it out with cars that are putting out close lap times, but are fast at different parts of the track is racing. A guy with no tyres left and slow holding up faster cars is not the kind of racing I want to watch. Why do many driver move out of the way of faster cars and some don't . You hear drivers say in interviews that so and so was much faster than I was so I let him go??? and others will fight to the death. Then when it all turns to **** it's never their fault.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3681897)   #57
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
DJRTP suggesting there is hope for the No 12 being on the grid tomorrow.

Will be an impressive effort if achieved, lucky its the home track and testament to the modern chassis

Last edited by peckstar; 22 Oct 2016 at 11:55.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 12:09 (Ref:3681900)   #58
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
DJRTP suggesting there is hope for the No 12 being on the grid tomorrow.

Will be an impressive effort if achieved, lucky its the home track and testament to the modern chassis

I understand the car you enter must be the car you drive but when does it become "Grandpas Axe"? How much of "The Car you entered" has to be on the one on the grid for it to be legal? Cant be much of todays #12 going to be left in it anyway!!!
Old 22 Oct 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3681930)   #59
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Fairly entertaining race, incredibly average move by GT there at the end.

Watching the cars fly around this track will never, ever get old.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3681985)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
This mornings update suggest they Car 12 is a good chance of making it
Old 22 Oct 2016, 21:47 (Ref:3681990)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This mornings update suggest they Car 12 is a good chance of making it

A little different to late yesterday afternoon...

Nice job Pace & DJRTP!

They reckon they might even make qualifying!
Old 22 Oct 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3682007)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 22 Oct 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3682009)   #63
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
You can look at it that way if you want and yes you could be right. But when you have nothing left to fight with but you won't give it away this is what happens. I don't think anyone really enjoys watching slow guys blocking and holding the line and just being a pain in the ass. And I know the drivers don't enjoy it.
Two guys fighting it out with cars that are putting out close lap times, but are fast at different parts of the track is racing. A guy with no tyres left and slow holding up faster cars is not the kind of racing I want to watch. Why do many driver move out of the way of faster cars and some don't . You hear drivers say in interviews that so and so was much faster than I was so I let him go??? and others will fight to the death. Then when it all turns to **** it's never their fault.

Given that GT is one of those who will fight to the death with no tyres over second last place, is the first to complain that he was "offed" and has form for professional fouls, the meeting of pot and kettle must be an interesting one.

Retirement beckons.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 23:32 (Ref:3682012)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 22 Oct 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3682014)   #65
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a sterling effort by DJRTP.
Old 22 Oct 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3682015)   #66
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full respect to those who did an all-nighter on #12.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3682018)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 23 Oct 2016, 01:15 (Ref:3682026)   #68
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Big 5 or 6 car crash in the utes with a lot of damage and the spectators are cheering as they continued to run into each other.
Bogan w.....s.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 03:47 (Ref:3682059)   #69
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Bogan w.....s.
Welcome to the Gold Coast.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 07:15 (Ref:3682069)   #70
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I reckon today's race has to one of the most "carnage-free" races I've seen on the Coast.

Great to see the GRM guys up there again and some full-on driving through the field.

Special mention to Scotty Mac's pass on Frosty - heart in mouth stuff and I don't know how but he got it done. Tim Edward's reaction was the usual negative whine but you kinda expect that.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3682071)   #71
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I reckon today's race has to one of the most "carnage-free" races I've seen on the Coast.

Great to see the GRM guys up there again and some full-on driving through the field.

Special mention to Scotty Mac's pass on Frosty - heart in mouth stuff and I don't know how but he got it done. Tim Edward's reaction was the usual negative whine but you kinda expect that.
agreed, only 1 SC very tame as a race

Not sure you can call that a pass. Fortunately Frosty was awake or it would have been a penalty for Scott (maybe both of them out of the race) In my mind that was the perfect example of what a redress is for
Old 23 Oct 2016, 07:31 (Ref:3682072)   #72
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
agreed, only 1 SC very tame as a race

Not sure you can call that a pass. Fortunately Frosty was awake or it would have been a penalty for Scott (maybe both of them out of the race) In my mind that was the perfect example of what a redress is for
No contact, no car carted off the track, no redress required. Yes, it takes two to tango in that situation but often that is the case when there is contact.

Scotty went pretty hard and really gave Frosty no choice but once done, in Frosty or his team's situation, you've got to shrug and get on with it.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 08:23 (Ref:3682074)   #73
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winterbottom did the smart thing and chose not to close the door on him.

If only Mr McLaughlan did that a few weeks ago...
Old 23 Oct 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3682076)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 23 Oct 2016, 09:15 (Ref:3682077)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
DJRTP Fine & Points Penalty For #17 Air Spike Incident