The new licences out
Thanks chris
Old 4 Dec 2011, 18:53 (Ref:2995156)   #2
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spoke to MSA on Friday, the "licences" should be sent out in the next two weeks.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2995174)   #3
Matt_Ring
Rookie

United Kingdom
Epsom
Matt_Ring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should be the new credit card things this time shouldn't they after we had that form to fill in earlier in the year.

How exciting
Old 4 Dec 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2995182)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh, heck, just realised I haven't returned mine. Must print photos.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2995194)   #5
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
Spoke to MSA on Friday, the "licences" should be sent out in the next two weeks.
thanks
Old 4 Dec 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2995228)   #6
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh heck, just realised I never even got my renewal form. I suppose it might be the MSA trying to tell me something but more likely just an oversight. And I only phoned them about it twice.

Probably easiest just to print the form from the BMMC site and send that in .

Steve
Old 5 Dec 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2995406)   #7
Lrawlings
Racer

England
Portsmouth England
Lrawlings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sues arrived. For 2011!!! Oops
Old 5 Dec 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2995424)   #8
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Ooh, heck, just realised I haven't returned mine. Must print photos.

Filled the form in about 2 months ago, just gotta get the photo sorted out
Old 5 Dec 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2995512)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's exactly it. Only have a B&W printer so haven't got round to doing one. Maybe I'll just make it all retro and stick with the monochrome!
Old 6 Dec 2011, 01:55 (Ref:2995823)   #10
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MSA will accept monochrome copies of the registration.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2995953)   #11
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
That's exactly it. Only have a B&W printer so haven't got round to doing one. Maybe I'll just make it all retro and stick with the monochrome!
That is what I always do, print off on a b&w printer, it costs pennies compared to £5 for passport quality

Last edited by Stephen Green; 29 Dec 2011 at 10:38. Reason: Punctuation marks help others read your posts.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2995968)   #12
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should get them soon love to see what they look. Like
Old 6 Dec 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2995998)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post
The MSA will accept monochrome copies of the registration.
Excellent. That'll be tonight's job. I suspect I should do it properly and wear a flat hat and white overalls for the photo
Old 6 Dec 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2996058)   #14
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Excellent. That'll be tonight's job. I suspect I should do it properly and wear a flat hat and white overalls for the photo
I think they only want a head & shoulders(saves you money on the flat hat & white overalls)
Old 6 Dec 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2996162)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
I think they only want a head & shoulders(saves you money on the flat hat & white overalls)

C'mon Terry Woolley is an Actor he needs to get into character

My form is still sitting on a shelf awaiting photographs as well!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2996423)   #16
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post

My form is still sitting on a shelf awaiting photographs as well!
I must say my form took me the day it arrived through the post to complete and 2 months to glue, not staple for once the photo on... and a further 3 days after that to post it. Suppose because I only have access to works printer

Last edited by Stephen Green; 29 Dec 2011 at 10:40. Reason: punctuation please
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2996436)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
What's my motivation?
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2996462)   #18
ibuckley
Rookie

United Kingdom
Littleborough
ibuckley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Free Passport Photos

For those that haven't got a passport photo the following post may prove useful:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=238794
Old 7 Dec 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2996617)   #19
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a form sat on the desk awaiting completion...

MSA might find themselves with a sudden rush!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2996649)   #20
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suggest anyone who has not yet done so gets their forms in ASAP otherwise the licence dept. will be in the middle of competitor licence renewals - and they will take precedence during Jan/Feb!!!!!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2996708)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Two photos of us looking at our most gorgeous e-mailed to work where there's a colour printer. Amazingly difficult to find pictures of us not wearing shades!
Old 8 Dec 2011, 15:15 (Ref:2997029)   #22
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all. As a newbie, should I be contacting MSA yet to say my licence renewal form has not arrived yet? They only sent my 2011 licence out in early November, but still has expery as Dec 31st 2011.

I'm assuming in the meantime getting the actual paper licence I can still collect signatures and attend training days all the same anyway with my record book?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2997042)   #23
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
Hi all. As a newbie, should I be contacting MSA yet to say my licence renewal form has not arrived yet? They only sent my 2011 licence out in early November, but still has expery as Dec 31st 2011.

I'm assuming in the meantime getting the actual paper licence I can still collect signatures and attend training days all the same anyway with my record book?

2012 Marshal Registration Form is available on the MSA website

http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/conten...sp?article=758

Dave
Old 8 Dec 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2997064)   #24
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
Renewal is usually, if I remember correctly, automatic - the recent requirement for all marshals to fill in an application form was, I believe, an attempt to ensure that the MSA's records are up-to-date. The only time you should need to fill in an MSA form is when any of your details change.

Quote:
The record card should be accompanied by a "licence" with your photo & signature on it so that the person signing can verify that you are who you claim to be!
Old 8 Dec 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2997141)   #25
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Renewal is usually, if I remember correctly, automatic - the recent requirement for all marshals to fill in an application form was, I believe, an attempt to ensure that the MSA's records are up-to-date.
But presumably this year is a special case as the MSA need our pictures if they're moving to the new driving licence style registration cards ?

Anyway I had the same problem as ChrisPage so I just sent off a form printed from the BMMC site.

Steve