Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 31 Jan 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3196448)   #1
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RaceRoom Racing Experience

Any one else pick this up on steam? It's free to play, but you only get a couple cars and 1 track. I bought 20$ worth of points though and picked up Mount Panorama and Algarve as well as a C6R, R8 LMS Ultra, and 12C GT3.

It's currently open beta, so more things will come online eventually.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3196452)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Itsthe way modren sim gaming is going, free to play with loads of stuff on offer to buy

I struggle with buying pixels though, would rather buy a product than a platfor,, simraceway is exactly the same, but simply lapping in events offers you the chance to earn credits, and it doesnt take long to get enough credits to buy most of the basic cars in the game, OK some of the F1 stuff and exotica are out of reach without either winning events or putting in cash, but you can play fairly well without, I do!

What I do disagree with is charging people 30 odd quid for one car as they do in simraceway, it didnt take the programmer that much longer or anything to draw it, apparetnly it reflects real world value,! Load of rubbish if you ask me, greed more like and sadly the game at the moment only rewards the aliens, if you win you get richer and can afford all the elite cars, whichmeans you just win more and more and more.

Bad concept, but you have to start somewhere

I did try raceroom and it played OK, just not that wel, was very arcadey
Old 31 Jan 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3196653)   #3
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
I have SRW too, and while it has a nice track selection I didn't care for it and the prices are pretty ridiculous. I don't mind paying for cars/tracks/pixels if theyre reasonably priced, which IMO SRW is not.

As far as sim vs arcade, while R3E wasn't quite as sim like as rFactor 2, I wouldn't say it felt arcadey.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3196691)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with you about pricing, I am hopefully meeting some guys from there in a few weeks, so will put this all to them, I think they have some good ideas about improvments, that is one thing I will say about SRW< they are very open and helpful, maybe not that honest!!
Old 31 Jan 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3196809)   #5
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
The R18 is what drew my interest towards SRW, LMP1 being my favorite class of car, but for $13? Definitely not. Meanwhile for $21 I got two tracks and 3 cars in R3E, and the game looks better imo. I'll keep SRW installed and probably will play it if I have a craving to drive one of the tracks the other two don't have.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3197081)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Just tried it again

Complete and utter garbage, the steering feels just the same as it does in PCARS and Need for SPeed.

Sorry Simbin, but if this is the best you can do you are out of luck because this is complete and utter rot.

No REAL sim gamer will like this son, its rubbish, just likie PCARS it looks nice, has lovely menus and a nice setup, but eh basics of a sim game are driving feel, and this is designed for a pad, not a wheel, just like PCARS!!