Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2699289)   #26
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you'll find it's Nakajima actually
Old 27 May 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2699290)   #27
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh, that's exactly who I meant lol Had 3 incredibly long days...

Selby
Old 27 May 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2699309)   #28
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
For some reason I have quite a problem trying not to confuse Japanese drivers' names. Once they reach F1 I'm more or less okay, but Takuma Sato is still the only one who stands out in my memory.

It couldn't have been Kobayashi, I guess, because he's now a contracted BMW Sauber Ferrari driver. Aside - when are they going to change that team name into something sensible?
Old 27 May 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2699412)   #29
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
ART Grand Prix are supposed to having a look at it as a basis for their car next year.

As HRT have broken their ties with Dallara, maybe they should think about getting the Toyotas. I'm sure they would be much better than what they have at the moment.
According to this source, Hispania is indeed trying to purchase the Toyota TF110.
Old 27 May 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2699424)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaffer View Post
According to this source, Hispania is indeed trying to purchase the Toyota TF110.
That's very interesting, even if they do it with a view to 2011 rather than this year. HRT seem to be getting more active generally.
Old 27 May 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2699458)   #31
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
If HRT could do it then rather sooner then later, I would like to see this car on the grid asap.
Old 27 May 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2699525)   #32
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh i'd love to see this car on the grid in the shape it already is, just to see how it fairs with the rest of the field.

Selby
Old 27 May 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2699574)   #33
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this Bernies help to HRT? Who knows!
Old 28 May 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2699622)   #34
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
If HRT could do it then rather sooner then later, I would like to see this car on the grid asap.
+1. I'd roflmao if Bruno and Chandook then proceed to lock out the front row of the grid. Then wait for the mass protests from the other teams to investigate.
Old 28 May 2010, 05:59 (Ref:2699719)   #35
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Are you allowed to change your engine manufacturer during the season ? Can't see this car showing up with a cossie in its back.
Old 28 May 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2699779)   #36
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
+1. I'd roflmao if Bruno and Chandook then proceed to lock out the front row of the grid. Then wait for the mass protests from the other teams to investigate.
So funny you mention that... I had a dream last night that I looked on Autosport this morning, and Senna was quickest in FP1

Selby
Old 28 May 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2699988)   #37
Matador
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
So funny you mention that... I had a dream last night that I looked on Autosport this morning, and Senna was quickest in FP1

Selby
It's an omen!!!!! hahahahaha
Old 28 May 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2700001)   #38
Crispy12
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crispy12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you were no longer allowed to modify your chassis during the season. Presumably using the Toyota instead of the Dallara would contravene this rule?

I guess if Bernie gave them support they might be given a waiver but I'd think it more likely that the car is used next year rather then this.
Old 28 May 2010, 16:07 (Ref:2700003)   #39
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The teams are allowed to modify the chassis, they just need to get it rehomologated after completing the modifications
Old 28 May 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2700152)   #40
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would imagine that if HRT bought the chassis, Toyota would insist that Nakajima would be one of their drivers, presumably replacing Chandhok.

Still, it's a small price to pay for them to be competitive
Old 29 May 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2700288)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
The teams are allowed to modify the chassis, they just need to get it rehomologated after completing the modifications
Chassis homologation for this season is now closed. This is why McLaren have the F-duct properly integrated into their car and other teams have had to use compromise solutions. Virgin had to get special permission from the FIA to build a chassis that enabled them to increase their fuel tank capacity.
Old 29 May 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2700565)   #42
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I miss Toyota, they were so so very close....
Old 30 May 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2700774)   #43
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
I don't really miss Toyota, look at what they spent on money and what have they gotten back for it? Almost no results to speak of.
Old 30 May 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2701360)   #44
Matador
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Chassis homologation for this season is now closed. This is why McLaren have the F-duct properly integrated into their car and other teams have had to use compromise solutions. Virgin had to get special permission from the FIA to build a chassis that enabled them to increase their fuel tank capacity.
How does Schumacher get a new chassis though?
Old 30 May 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2701365)   #45
Matador
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I don't really miss Toyota, look at what they spent on money and what have they gotten back for it? Almost no results to speak of.
Turns out that they didn't spend as much as everyone was thinking (have to dig deep for that source) and apart from that, they started from scratch.

Granted, they did make some huge errors along the way... Ralph being the most glaring I'd say. They needed a top shelf driver and somebody on the pitwall most of all to make sound decisions. Between Pascal and Luca, they did ok, Mike Gascoyne was questionable (obviously his brilliance showed in the TF105, but the 106 was a total disaster) and it's a real pity IMO that they had to leave with absolutely 0 wins.

At least Bahrain, Spa and Brasil should have been theirs last year.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2714684)   #46
Senna-F1God
Rookie

Senna-F1God should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Toyota F1 TF110- The car that will never race? Or will it?

Take a look at this pictures...with the lack of the white colour from the characteristic Toyota F1 scheme, maybe this will be the "B" car from Ferrari...

Just, kidding. This car might be purchased by HRT for next year, along with Toyota F1 facilities! Hope they keep the Red and put the Yellow to a Spanish Flag livery.

Old 21 Jun 2010, 01:34 (Ref:2715437)   #47
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting rear wing endplates
Old 2 Jul 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2721336)   #48
Senna-F1God
Rookie

Senna-F1God should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

There it goes...the xtreme asymetric Double Deck Diffuser from Toyota F1.

Stupid Japanese...Honda lost the tittle last year...and Toyota: Who knows!
Old 23 Aug 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2749207)   #49
Matador
Racer

Toyota TF110: a winning car? [Google translation]
Quote:
Pascal Vasselon:
"When we stopped the development, we had 20 to 30 points more downforce than the last version of its predecessor. We had far exceeded our goals, for even the TF109 was good for podiums."

"Many of our aerodynamic guys moved on to other top teams and we know that our output values were quite high, to be honest, even so high that our car had a head start."

"For the first race we had had an update package with the blown diffuser in the pipeline. Together with Red Bull we would have been the first to brings this."

"While this is a nice feeling, but it is in the past now."
Old 24 Aug 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2749729)   #50
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Sad loss to Grand Prix racing!

But we now have quality teams like HRT and Virgin.