Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Oct 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3152928)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well there does need to be a balance with open world games and I agree with your take on driving around between events.

Burnout Paradise was like that when it was released initially and I hated it. You would lose a race on the line after twelve miles of racing and then have to drive back twelve miles to start the race again. It was horrible and caused uproar. They patched it so you could jump to events direct and it was much better. The NFS games are the same (same developer, so they couldn't make the same mistake again!).

I am less confident of Horizon however. I think it will probably be far duller than the new NFS.

But not everyone who plays these games is a rammer as you say. In fact, I think I have had the best races on those type of games more consistently than standard racers. It is much, much harder to ram people on an open road for a start as there are so many escape routes whereas a circuit racer is all about the line and, if you stick to that line, you are basically a big target for idiots with no brakes. I don't think they will necessarily migrate to this type of game either as they are a fair bit harder.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3153719)   #27
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the announcer would always say at the end of the night's racing;

"Remember ladies and gentlemen, racing is for the track. The roads are just for getting there."

Sums up my feelings on the whole "open world" racing games rather nicely.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3158057)   #28
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone got the full game today as it has been release today or is it in your xmas list?
Old 29 Oct 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3159524)   #29
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good lord NO! LOL

Perry McCarthy
Old 29 Oct 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3159636)   #30
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
Good lord NO! LOL
Fair enough if it's not your cup of tea, but there's no need to turn your nose up at it at every opportunity!

It looks like quite a bit of fun actually. Might pick it up to play over the Christmas holidays
Old 3 Nov 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3162077)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
As the announcer would always say at the end of the night's racing;

"Remember ladies and gentlemen, racing is for the track. The roads are just for getting there."

Sums up my feelings on the whole "open world" racing games rather nicely.
You do realise this is a game and not the real world?

Anyways, got it and it is excellent. A really nice, solid bit of gaming design. Well crafted and fun to play.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 00:49 (Ref:3162100)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does it at least let you skip more of the cut scenes than the demo did? Felt like I was watching a movie with a little gameplay in the middle.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3162221)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

There is little in the way of movies really. They aren't skippable, but they aren't too frequent either.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3166470)   #34
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
There's cutscenes at the start and when you unlock a new type of event-for example street races, but thats about it. You wont be bombarded with them throughout the whole game if thats what your worried about.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3168115)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Completed it this week. What a game.

Rally expansion pack coming next month.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3168128)   #36
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just thought I'd drop by and say the cutscenes, which aren't very common, are actually skippable. Hit A and then the Start button (The one to the right of the Xbox logo button) and that's it.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 17 Jan 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3190627)   #37
jj2448jg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nuneaton
jj2448jg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bought this game when it came out and if they use the handling from Horizon for Forza 5 I will be really impressed, as it so much more realistic than Forza 4.

Had fears when the game was first advertised, but this game is awesome with the variety of challenges and speed camera rivals.

Also, the fact that they based it on Colorado, but DIDN'T use the actual roads like TDU2, which made better racing.