Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Nov 2002, 14:38 (Ref:422190)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
frenault winter series entry list

http://www.renaultmotorsport.co.uk/r...?ArticleID=233

interesting to see that from the formula ford juniors both wesley godwin and ben clucas have gone up, choosing not to run the senior ford class at all.

still don't know who half these people are though!
Old 5 Nov 2002, 15:27 (Ref:422208)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yup, there are some new names there. Have Wesley and Ben actually signed anything for next year yet, or is this Winter Renault fun just a toe in the water exercise?
Old 5 Nov 2002, 16:26 (Ref:422245)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Nip into the Marshals Forum as Ben's Dad has been telling guys his plans for next year. I gather it will depend largely on cash (doesn't it always?) and that Ben will do a full season of R Fenault if the money's not there for F3.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 18:29 (Ref:422349)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would have thought that Renault would be a good step for Clucas anyway over F3.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 18:33 (Ref:422353)   #5
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: frenault winter series entry list

Quote:
Originally posted by bella
interesting to see that from the formula ford juniors both wesley godwin and ben clucas have gone up, choosing not to run the senior ford class at all.
There aren't many top drivers who have gone from Avon Juniors to the senior championship really. In my opinion it's pretty much replaced Formula Vauxhall Junior, as the drivers have tended to graduate to either Renault or Scholarship Class F3.

Antonio Pizzonia, FVauxhall Champion 1998 > FRenault 1999 (Champ)
Gary Paffett, FVauxhall Champion 1999 > Scholarship F3 2000 (Champ)
Matt Gilmore, FFord Junior Champion 2000 > Scholarship F3 2001 (2nd)
Steven Kane, FFord Junior Champion 2001 > FRenault 2002
Ben Clucas, FFord Junior Champion 2002 > FRenault 2003?
Old 5 Nov 2002, 18:46 (Ref:422368)   #6
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prediction: I reckon Charles Hall will win the Winter Series
Old 5 Nov 2002, 19:20 (Ref:422413)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'll be interesting to see how UKFF fits into the ladder next season. Will Scholarship drivers use it as a stepping stone to Renault and Championship class competitors to F3. The ladder of progression is getting really unclear again and I'm not sure that's a good thing.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 19:46 (Ref:422433)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet
he's been going for years now hasnt he ?
Old 5 Nov 2002, 20:40 (Ref:422465)   #9
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Ford Seniors and Avons being on the same bill next year, I think its even less likely for guys to move up within the series.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 00:02 (Ref:422634)   #10
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muppet
Not with Status, he won't.

I reckon it will be between the three Motaworld drivers James Murphy, Robert Scott and Suzie Stoddart.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 00:52 (Ref:422659)   #11
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You are all wrong - Turkington at Paston has to be the best combination of experienced quick driver and capable team.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 00:56 (Ref:422660)   #12
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The next best combination is Rossiter at Fortec.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 05:34 (Ref:422716)   #13
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gary Turkington at Paston sounds very good to me.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 12:05 (Ref:422896)   #14
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, Kelly at Jensen Motorsports
Old 6 Nov 2002, 13:14 (Ref:422936)   #15
Richard Dean
Rookie

Richard Dean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Bell at Firstair. Has everybody forgotten they are doing it or do you all not rate the Team and/or driver?
Old 6 Nov 2002, 13:23 (Ref:422943)   #16
outcast
Rookie

outcast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Bell and Rivett at Firstair are very skilful drivers, and the team is top class, having won every series they've entered. Would not be wise to overlook them!
Old 6 Nov 2002, 16:55 (Ref:423075)   #17
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It's nice to see Paul Meijer and Xavier Maasen are coming as well
Old 6 Nov 2002, 20:34 (Ref:423226)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think muppet's got a point. charles hall could do it, and it's difficult to judge status because they've arguably not had anyone any decent driving the car. so could a whole load of people, but it's so difficult to call because there's a lot of wild cards thrown in.

i rate rob bell as a driver, but don't think he'll do well with a new team. ok anyone (within reason) can set up a race car, but it'll take a bit of getting used to. they'll be in the main series next year and will do well i reckon.

i think james rossiter's a bit too inexperienced, but so long as he keeps his mind on the job he could do well.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 23:45 (Ref:423394)   #19
littleman
Veteran

Robert Bell,with one of the top teams,would win it even easier than he did last year.However, I will be amazed if Firstair can provide a car to match his talents so early in their single-seater venture.I hope I'm proved wrong but I just can't see them running with Fortec,Motaworld or Manor.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 23:51 (Ref:423400)   #20
littleman
Veteran

Robert Bell,with one of the top teams,would win it even easier than he did last year.However, I will be amazed if Firstair can provide a car to match his talents so early in their single-seater venture.I hope I'm proved wrong but I just can't see them running with Fortec,Motaworld,Manor,JVA and Paston.
Old 7 Nov 2002, 09:37 (Ref:423615)   #21
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's surely what the winter series is for. A toe-in-the-water exercise ahead of the full championship the following season.

Bell knows both how to set up these cars and drive them and will, I'm sure, pull Firstair - an extremely professional outfit - towards the front quicker than people might think.

My money's on Rossiter, however. Out of the new lot, I'm keeping an eye on di Resta at Manor.
Old 7 Nov 2002, 10:40 (Ref:423665)   #22
a_r_c_a
Racer

a_r_c_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is the best team?
Old 7 Nov 2002, 13:15 (Ref:423775)   #23
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by a_r_c_a
Who is the best team?
Going on this year's performances, you'd have to say Fortec.

I'm trying to put together my top five drivers for the Winter series at the moment. Anybody got any information about the Europeans that are coming over? What have the following done before?

Philip Anderson
Tom Keller
Jokob Ludvigson
Paul Meijer
Xavier Maason
Jenny Weiss
Damian Sawicki
Old 7 Nov 2002, 13:29 (Ref:423786)   #24
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meijer and Maasen are out of Benelux FFord

who are Firstair?
Old 7 Nov 2002, 15:21 (Ref:423866)   #25
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tom keller was doing the FR Eurocup

Kenny Weiss was driving in Formula Koenig, finishing 6th in the championship

Damian Sawicki is from Poland, i think he was in F Koenig, too, but I´n not sure about this