Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Nov 2000, 22:20 (Ref:46604)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which Formula Ford chassis will prove to be the best in 2001?

I've given them points.

Here are you're options:

0 Van Diemen RF2001 9/10

0 Mygale SJ2001 8/10

0 Vector MG2001 7/10

0 Ray GRS 000/1 8/10

0 Swift-Cooper SC2001 6/10

0 Jamun T25 6/10

What do you think?
Old 4 Nov 2000, 01:14 (Ref:46627)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im not sure about whats going on in the UK or anywhere else..but I was wondering if you guys over there have any Spectrum chassis running..Spectrum is an Australian manufacturer who have also produced my go kart under the name of Arrow karts before moving into Formula Ford..now we still run the Kent 1600cc engines here so I guess the car was designed for that engine and as you use the Zetec 1800cc engine it may be a bit different and therefore no one has tried a spectrum chassis..but I can tell you this company has come into the Aussie series and done an excellent job and has beaten the other chassis on a regular basis (Im not sure if they have won the series yet.I think they have)Its a great effort by this small company with limited resources based in melbourne..but anyway i was wondering if the rest of the world has heard of them as yet ????
Old 4 Nov 2000, 05:55 (Ref:46638)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The advantage Spectrum have is that their cars are designed around the Kent engine, and the bumpy Australian tracks. 2001 will be the last time in Australia that the championship will be open to all chassis, before it reverts to a spec chassis in 2002. FF is a bit dead around here at the moment, will be interesting to see if the change will turn that around...
Old 6 Nov 2000, 12:14 (Ref:46948)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mackie Mygale 10/10
Van Diemen 10/10
Haywood Mygale 9/10

Anyone that tries to use Van Diemen/Mygale with there own tricks 6/10

Vector 6/10
Swift 6/10
Jamun 5/10
Ray 6/10
All these can be developed to the same level as Van Diemen/ Mygale only if a top team gets involved which probably wont happen because for most of that year they will not be able to compete successfully. And what driver is there that is clever enough to realize that he coulddo well in one of these cars?
Old 12 Nov 2000, 13:51 (Ref:48057)   #5
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Mackmot that VD and Mygale are pretty even. And it looks like Mackie are the only team capable of sticking with the might of the Factory VD's. Well done Mackmot to you and your team for a great effort this year. And who would chance an unknown quantity like the other chassis e.g.Marcos Ambrose in the Ray. What happened to Tattus?

The Spectrum chassis won the Aust. Championship in '98 but hasn't done a lot since. They have a smaller flywheel than the other Formula Fords that run here. It is not illegal in Australia, it was something that was slipped through the back door at CAMS, it apparently lowers the C of G a bit more by allowing the engine to sit lower in the chassis.

FF in Australia is only a bit dead because Ford Australia have announced the spec. chassis but they still won't tell anyone what it is or what engine we will have. No one wants to invest too much into the sport if such a dramatic change is going to happen. I have seen in Autosport that we may get the Martin Hines car but Aussie built. If they run the 1400cc Zetec the new 1600cc Formula Vees will blow them away. Will Davison will be running a new VD at Bathurst it will be the first new VD in Oz since '98.