Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jan 2007, 02:17 (Ref:1805765)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
One thing is for sure , with all this latest prototype news , one wonders what little gems are in the pipeline over the coming months . This year is looking like a belter all around , ALMS , LMS , Fia GT and Le Mans .
Old 4 Jan 2007, 07:08 (Ref:1805824)   #27
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There is more to come for Europe in LMP1 and LMP2
Old 4 Jan 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1805908)   #28
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Because there's no link between Nielsen and Embassy?
They said on DSC that they had signed a top driver alongside Cunningham that would show how serious they are, there's always a first time
Old 4 Jan 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1805920)   #29
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding Embassey the LMS entry provisional list posted a few days ago stated that the team would be running a Pilbeam MP93. Obviously this can't be taken as fact but there has to be a reason it was included.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1806285)   #30
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chamberlain?
Old 4 Jan 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1806316)   #31
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
Chamberlain?
I'd be genuinely surprised. Even although the consensus seems to be that the LMP1 Lola isn't as quick as it might be straight out of the box, it still garnered useful results on both sides of the Atlantic in 2006 and do Chamberlain really want to start the whole development process again - to say nothing of the rather busy second-hand market in B06/10s which might make selling their one tricky.

To be honest this whole one looks intriguing in many ways. I'm inclined to discount the report of Embassy going down the Pilbeam route until I see any further corroboration, thus they might well get my vote.

I wonder if we're reading too much into Trevor Foster's statement that Le Mans was on the agenda - surely there's an unvoiced "if their entry is accepted" in there? I can't see any of the current LMP1 guaranteed entries going down the Zytek route. Otherwise Vitaphone look like a decent outside bet - the ACO basically saying to an FIA GT team that even although they've run a non-ACO car they'd be welcome at the Sarthe and in the LMS.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1806333)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
But Vitaphone is a GT1 entry , so how can they change to LMP1 ?
Old 4 Jan 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1806342)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes! Do enlighten us on that process.

L.P.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1806343)   #34
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here is a long shot, veloqx making a return to sportscar racing, depends though, has this "team" raced at lemans before and if so at what level?

it could be a lot of teams, jota making a return is one of the favorites, but it may be paul belmondo,

although they packed their sportscar programme in maybe they might be making a return running in LMP1, but i highly doubt that.

i would be very surprised if chamberlain turned up with the 07S, btw will the 07S be running the same glorious 4.0 V8 that was used in 2006 or a new engine?
Old 4 Jan 2007, 17:38 (Ref:1806389)   #35
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
....btw will the 07S be running the same glorious 4.0 V8 that was used in 2006 or a new engine?
Yep, it'll be the 4 litre V8. It's currently undergoing a development programme (the 3.4 LMP2 engine will also benefit from further development).
Old 4 Jan 2007, 17:46 (Ref:1806395)   #36
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmmmmm, i cant wait to hear the 4.0 V8 next year on straight pipes, thank god it isnt over 113db so it will still run with straight pipes
Old 4 Jan 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1806409)   #37
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Yep, it'll be the 4 litre V8. It's currently undergoing a development programme (the 3.4 LMP2 engine will also benefit from further development).
I should think that the Zytek 3.4LMP2 is going to be the engine to have next year......name another engine that is as fast and that has undergone the same amount of development - this one has done so many miles its incredible......02/03/04/05/06 as well as A1 Grand Prix......should be more than bullet proof now.....

As for the LMP1 engine.....no problems last year and right on the pace. Must say that Zytek is a great choice for an engine....surprised that there arent many Zytek engines cars out there at the moment.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1806416)   #38
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I remember Jonathon France said that the team had already chosen next years car and would sign the papers before the Silverstone FIA GT round earlier this year. So if it is them running the Zytek then why would Trevor Foster take so long to annouonce the sale. Don't get me wrong I would love Embassey to run the car.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1806420)   #39
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe its not so easy to get support from Lola, Courage, Radical, ... for the engine installation?
Old 4 Jan 2007, 18:17 (Ref:1806432)   #40
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I should think that the Zytek 3.4LMP2 is going to be the engine to have next year......name another engine that is as fast and that has undergone the same amount of development
I will: AER: More power, more torque. The best customer LMP2 engine around.

Quote:
As for the LMP1 engine.....no problems last year and right on the pace. Must say that Zytek is a great choice for an engine....surprised that there arent many Zytek engines cars out there at the moment.
Good engine but the Judd 5.0 or 5.5 litre is better . More torque, less revs and a V10 not a V8.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 18:22 (Ref:1806443)   #41
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Good engine but the Judd 5.0 or 5.5 litre is better . More torque, less revs and a V10 not a V8.
That may well be so, but does it have more power than the Zytek? Personally id be willing to bet the Zytek has a bit more top end power.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1806479)   #42
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on the topic of things.. As the Quote says they have a Lemans entry then there really is only one team it can be in my opinion..

Not Audi,Peugoet,Pesca for obvious reasons..that only leaves Creation and Dyson with LMP entries.. Well Dyson have brought Porsches so its obvious..

Its got to be WR they get entries freely..
Old 4 Jan 2007, 19:29 (Ref:1806501)   #43
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
haha, yeah WR!!

Last edited by I love 04s; 4 Jan 2007 at 19:31.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 19:33 (Ref:1806507)   #44
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Reliability?
Won Le Mans last year. Is that good enough?
Old 4 Jan 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1806510)   #45
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
Its got to be WR they get entries freely..
That it is why has to be Spinnaker Clandesteam--'cos they don't have a car and they get their entry...

WR do have cars at least.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1806518)   #46
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
That it is why has to be Spinnaker Clandesteam--'cos they don't have a car and they get their entry...

WR do have cars at least.
Those are cars?
Old 4 Jan 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1806545)   #47
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, they work as cars when they are not busy producing orange juice, whirrrrr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r
Old 5 Jan 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1807644)   #48
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
But Vitaphone is a GT1 entry , so how can they change to LMP1 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Yes! Do enlighten us on that process.
Okay, taking this from the top.

The Zytek is an LMP1, none of the current LMP1 invites are likely to change, so straight away we're either looking at someone changing classes or it's a team that doesn't have an entry as yet.

Trevor Foster is stating that Le Mans are part of the customers' plans - accepting that anyone can plan to go to Le Mans, it's getting there that's tricky - so who looks credible?

Vitaphone have an invite based on GT1 performance in FIA GT, but no eligible car, so they'll have to change chassis anyway - conventional thinking does suggest if they want to come along they'll have to lay their hands on an DBR-9, Corvette, Saleen etc, but where I started to speculate, and probably should have made this clearer, is could there be scope outside GT1?

Thought process here is the ACO want to strengthen their series and event. Vitaphone are undeniably a decent outfit and pulling them, in whatever category, into the Le Mans / LMS fold would help the series. By giving them an invite, even though their MC12 isn't compliant, the ACO is basically saying - you're a quality team, I know you don't have a car you can run at the moment, but we'd like to have you along. If you take the view that this isn't a grudging "you won your category so we have to have you along" if Vitaphone declined the GT1 entry but proposed a prototype entry the ACO might be minded to smile on it.

As I said, it's an outside bet rather than confident investment.

Cheers!
Old 5 Jan 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1807674)   #49
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Vitaphone have an invite based on GT1 performance in FIA GT, but no eligible car, so they'll have to change chassis anyway...
Neat theory, but Vitaphone say they heard about the Le Mans invite only on December 22. With the holiday in between, is it conceivable that they could have decided to run an LMP1, cleared it with sponsors, cleared it with ACO, and signed the deal with Zytek. All by January 03?

As you say "outside bet"

Still, this story is brightening up the post holiday gloom. Prepare for more stories next week...

Mariantic
Old 6 Jan 2007, 06:46 (Ref:1807968)   #50
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am sure they is plenty of dialogue between teams / manufacturers and the ACO prior to these announcements being made - soit is possible they new something of the possibilty prior to the confirmation on the 22nd.

Being totally off the wall perhaps Maserati are funding a vitaphone LMP1 project in order to gain information / experience prior to a later assault on Le Mans - a bit far fetched, I know, but a nice thought!