Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 23 Mar 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2658440)   #1
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Champ Car World Series!!

Apologies to the moderators for starting a thread merely tangentially related to the IRL, but I just had to post this somewhere.

Have any of you guys seen these websites?

http://champcar-ws.com/home

http://markplourderacing.com/home

Someone has put a hell of a lot of effort into this.

I’ve seen many a hoax on the net in my time, but this is someone either seriously deluded or completely taking the beer…
"There is no need to do massively expensive windtunnel testing, or all the other things that they do to get the extra second or two." - Richard Branson, on the eve of the 2010 season. Good luck Timo, you'll need it.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2658499)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like someone has a tad too much time on their hands, cooking up a bit of racing fantasy where he and his wife are successful racing drivers One has to admire his dedication though, because it's obvious he's put a lot of work into it.

I doubt he's created it to intentionally fool anyone. He probably just misses Champ Car. A lot.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2658522)   #3
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But...I didn't undertand: is it a virtual/playstation/xbox simulation? Is it a fantasy game? Is it a personal game of this person who invents the races in his head? I'm intrigued about this...

And can he safely use the official logos and images?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2658535)   #4
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, I had no idea that China looked so much like Elkhart Lake. Somebody with way to much time, or a lot of bad drugs.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2658586)   #5
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only five American drivers? What a joke...
Old 23 Mar 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2658603)   #6
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this makes it all clear.
Quote:
MP RACING'S MARK PLOURDE WINS 2009 CHAMP CAR WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2658635)   #7
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
I think this makes it all clear.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2658661)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jeez looks like someone hasn't taken their medication this month. Yikes, that guy needs some help!
Old 23 Mar 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2658812)   #9
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Star? I thought you were their pace car driver
Old 23 Mar 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2658847)   #10
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why no UK race?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 23 Mar 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2658852)   #11
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You also gotta love the detail

General Rules:

No alcohol, cans, or bottles! Coolers subject to inspection! Note! All Champ Car events will take place "Rain Or Shine!"

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 25 Mar 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2659701)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sheri Plourde came 3rd in points in 2009 - wonder if she looks as good as Danica in a bikini

Good to see there coming back to the Gold Coast in October.... Shall be interesting to see how the season pans out. 1st race in late April
Old 25 Mar 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2659904)   #13
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP as the support race then?
Old 25 Mar 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2659909)   #14
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
A1GP as the support race then?
No Jag, that can't be so,

that formula is no more! It has ceased to be! It has expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If the assets weren't gathering dust in the liquidators's shed it would be be pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket! It's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121652
Old 25 Mar 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2659930)   #15
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
OK, that settles it.

Can Am it shall be.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2660025)   #16
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!

Maybe the CCWS 2010 is operating out of the USF1 base at Charlotte & that's Ken Anderson's next big project?
Old 26 Mar 2010, 04:54 (Ref:2660227)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The website looked wrong and there were no links to Speed TV, etc. despite the logos being there.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2660593)   #18
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny thing is it looks like its being updated - it has a "next up" section for this weekend (26-29th March)?

Pretty pointless if you ask me.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2660622)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
Funny thing is it looks like its being updated - it has a "next up" section for this weekend (26-29th March)?

Pretty pointless if you ask me.
He's obviously living the dream
Old 27 Mar 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2660790)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's obviously messing with everyone.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2661320)   #21
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Should I apply for a Uruguayan race such as the Punta del Este Grand Prix?
Old 28 Mar 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2661324)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
If you want.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2661995)   #23
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crazyness!
Old 28 Mar 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2662236)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
This is awesome! I look forward to seeing how the 2010 season develops (if any of it ever gets updated again!).

I will be disappointed if his team gets a 1-2 in every race. With this kind of attention to detail, I am hopeful there will be greater imagination than that at work.

You just have to check out the profiles. He looks like you would think he may...

http://markplourderacing.com/drivers

Also, notice how he has given his alleged wife a mentionably less impressive career than his fine self?

He hasn't kept all the fine little details consistently updated in the different bits of the sites, but it is a pretty good effort!

Last edited by Dutton; 28 Mar 2010 at 22:35.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2662259)   #25
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
I guess they ran today?

I hear it never rains in Southern California...or in the dark recesses of a deluded mind.