Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2003, 13:19 (Ref:761902)   #51
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can scrub #14, confirmation today that there's no way it will be there.
Old 26 Oct 2003, 08:27 (Ref:763357)   #52
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No Lambo's again !!!! bloody hell
Old 26 Oct 2003, 08:42 (Ref:763369)   #53
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does any one know the latest from Indy Re the PROCARS
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Oct 2003, 11:47 (Ref:763528)   #54
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross,
If you get more than 55 cars than you will have beaten the number that turned up to the Grand-Am Daytona 24hr. Admittedley we do not have prototypes, but things are looking up(on paper at the moment) for the 24hr in its 2nd year.
Old 26 Oct 2003, 12:11 (Ref:763542)   #55
laser
Racer

Ross already has a 65car grid capacity organised by the sounds of it
Old 26 Oct 2003, 14:29 (Ref:763648)   #56
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent, I cant wait for this race.

Laser, the # 14 from The VJ ANgelo stable, is this the Porsche or BMW
Old 26 Oct 2003, 22:21 (Ref:763954)   #57
laser
Racer

The Porsche (sorry for the confusion) won't be there.

As was mentioned somewhere earlier, it will probably get down to ... everyone that shows up will get a start.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 02:15 (Ref:766420)   #58
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys I'm back.

Major PC probs but I will have Optus cable and a new PC in 2weeks.

I'm looking forward to this year's race.
Next year's catergory and the 24hr will be better next year with all the new models coming.

My 2004 list:

Mazda 3, Mazda RX8
Old 29 Oct 2003, 03:39 (Ref:766452)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that your Rx-8 AussieV8? The busdriver takes on the mountain.... could be a PR bonanza
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Oct 2003, 11:13 (Ref:766777)   #60
TheGspot
Racer

TheGspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at the entry list still a lot of TBA in the driver catgory. some must be struggling to find drivers with the cash
Old 29 Oct 2003, 11:19 (Ref:766786)   #61
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And it seems as though some drivers will be driving 2 cars- what's the go there?
Old 31 Oct 2003, 11:21 (Ref:769031)   #62
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did everyone see the media release regarding the Graham nash Porsche on the 24 hour website. New Paint scheme looks awesome. I believe the car is on its way to Australia now.

Also the telecast times for the Nations Cup and Gt Performance from Indy is Sunday 1 pm to 3pm eastern daylight saving time. Should be an interesting telecast
Old 31 Oct 2003, 11:24 (Ref:769033)   #63
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Might be a tad thin on action though!

Plenty of time to replay the Pretty prangs...
Old 31 Oct 2003, 11:46 (Ref:769051)   #64
D.R.T.
Veteran

Yeah i was thinkin that. However I'm hoping theyd get the drivers together and get them to talk about their favourite race, moment of the year etc Might resurface a bit of agro between Bowey and stokell. However on second thoughts I wouldnt speak to Bowe as all he would talk about was that the Diablo was way to fast the whole season and how diadvantaged he was
Old 5 Nov 2003, 20:12 (Ref:774158)   #65
rossp1
Rookie

rossp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entries may have closed but their are a lot of permutations with teams and drivers and 16 days to the start of the second inaugral 24 hour of bathurst.
Although not officially entered TLA it seems might run after all.
TLA play their cards fairly close to their chest and even I have trouble keeping up with the latest rumours.
Stokell is the obvious anchor choice,however names like INGALL,AMBROSE,HACKETT,BARGWANNA,YOULDEN,SIMONSEN,BRAD JONES keep surfacing.
I gues we,ll just have to wait and see if they find the budget.
They might surpise us all by entering 2 cars.
In the meantime the program is in the news stands and there are some fabulous articles in print there.
A fantastic story on the BMW M3 GTR V8 of Bowe,Crick,Algadri.
My earlier info was that BRAD JONES was in the BMW,but then AUDI do own LAMBORGHINI and who knows.
I am none the wiser as to what the final scenario will be here,but it sure is looking like at least one LAMBO will run.
Perhaps we can call on the impeccable sleuth GTR Magic to ferret this story out.
In the meantime a lot of current information at www.bathurst24hr.com and some preliminary information on the main sponsor for the event at www.formulagreen.com .
No we haven,t gone mad at PROCAR it just looks that way.Change is inevitable in the sport we love and PROCAR is rolling out it,s new marketing plan for the future at the 24 hour.
A number of large corporates and australian governments are interested in our fresh approach.
See you at the 24 hour.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 20:41 (Ref:774184)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems that the teams are attaching drivers names to car doors by velcro at the moment Which isnt a bad thing when you think about it if the teams are pushing forwards to maximise their competitiveness.

There are some very hot cars and crews in the field, the BMW M3 GTR, the BMW 320i ST, the Ferraris, the Monaros, the Mosler, a couple of the 911's.... a Lambo would be nice, but it wont detract from the event if it doesnt show.

I am looking forward to the Group 2 battle of the 360 Challenge set, with 3 cars currently entered, and none of the lead drivers exactly slowpokes... that should be the fight of the event!

Should be great fun...
Old 8 Nov 2003, 03:25 (Ref:776542)   #67
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
link to Bowe

click here to see story on J Bowe's BMW v8 coupe
Old 8 Nov 2003, 03:28 (Ref:776543)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yes that BMW is interesting, not the least because the buyer of the car didnt even sight the thing physically, or have one of his team do it, before handing over the money...

Quite weird to me, especially if they have bought 4 of them, as Ross Palmer has suggested
Old 9 Nov 2003, 08:08 (Ref:777465)   #69
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought the team went over to america to have a look?

“Due to delays in getting the car shipped, we're about four weeks behind in our preparation, but we had a good look over it in the States and know it will do the job.”
Old 9 Nov 2003, 08:11 (Ref:777466)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Somebody went, but it wasnt a team employee...
Old 9 Nov 2003, 12:14 (Ref:777759)   #71
D.R.T.
Veteran

Bought my ticket today. Cant wait for the race to begin 12 days. Should be awesome
Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:14 (Ref:780877)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Okay, here is the revised entry list.... http://www.bathurst24hr.com/BathurstEntryList03.htm

There are still a few cars there that havent been removed, but I am sure it will get tidied up soon

It looks like there are only 2 Ferraris in the field, the ex-PHR one being tended by Paul Cruickshank, and a Group 2 unit run by Rod Wilson. The threatened appearance of Mr Simonsen in a Group 2 MCR car seems to have gone west...

There is a Group 1 Lambo in the field, with Messrs Stokell, Simonsen and Luke Youlden as confirmed starters. This isnt where the smart money is going for a finish, but a 110dB noise limit will have this thing screaming while it lasts

Interesting to see John Teulan has found himself a 911 GT3 RS, with Fitzy, Paul Morris and Scott Shearman joining the owner. The car should be reasonably strong if Fitzy's boys help prepare it, and this could be the dark horse of the race.

As for me, I still fancy the chances of the black SAE College BMW 320i Supertourer, ably led by Alex Yoong, and crewed by Luke Searle, Geoff Full and Alan Gurr. This thing is as good as the day it came out of the BMW Motorsport showroom (and I am sure Mr Searle has the receipts to prove it ) and must be rated a chance of a podium, if not an outright win, as the thing uses half the fuel of a Monaro or Porsche so stops only half as many times

It should be a good race.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:27 (Ref:780891)   #73
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should be a great weekend getting to watch some of the world's best Marques run around the Mountain for 24 hours, i still think even with the no shows that they will get a quality field there.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:28 (Ref:780893)   #74
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A hell of a lot more interesting than a V8 Supercar race for a start. Hopefully no where near as controversial decisions made by stewards.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 04:22 (Ref:781639)   #75
D.R.T.
Veteran

I believe the Mosler is might dark hoirse for the race, with Monaro's not being the Rocket ships they were a year ago, the Mosler better prepared this time around, should be a weapon